Alpha-H TSV 13/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just checked the guide, it's Craig Rowe launching the TSV, and AY and JF from late afternoon and on the evening shows.

I remember JF from a couple of years ago, visibly shuddering when on with Keeley and Elemis. Keeley was saying how bad glycolics were, and JF said nothing, but shuddered in an over exaggerated way, very unprofessional.
Of course she will be using everything Alpha H when presenting it next week. We can bet on that.

Why was Keeley saying how bad glycolics were? Doesn't the Elemis pro enzyme range contain AHA's? (Happy to be proved wrong on this as I pay very little attention to Elemis as I think it's vastly overrated, but I'm sure I've heard that somewhere?)

Why was Keeley saying how bad glycolics were? Doesn't the Elemis pro enzyme range contain AHA's? (Happy to be proved wrong on this as I pay very little attention to Elemis as I think it's vastly overrated, but I'm sure I've heard that somewhere?)

I don't know if tri enzyme is the same sort of ingredient, but Keeley was saying that repeated application of glycolics is like burning the skin in the same place over and over again.

There some strong glycolics out there going up to 40-50% I think, and yes they burn skin so it needs to be neutralised by a solution of baking soda in a couple of minutes. I guess that Keeley was being economical with the truth. LG is 5% and used every other night or less frequent

Thank you Ian!
I've placed my order via CS and then cancelled because the price didn't seem right for a tsv, it was 50 + 4.95 and on AD, unless they decided on Tsv price £50. I shall try closer to the day.

Thank you Ian!
I've placed my order via CS and then cancelled because the price didn't seem right for a tsv, it was 50 + 4.95 and on AD, unless they decided on Tsv price £50. I shall try closer to the day.

Doh auto delivery, I really wanted easy pay :( Works out better buyinh 2 or 3 kits at the same time on easy pay as p&p cheaper than getting them sepetately on AD. Booooo.

...I've managed to resist the recent Liz Earle, Laura Geller and Elemis TSV's, but reckon I'm going to cave at this one!

I didn't buy any of these either. I didn't any beauty TSVs last month, only the Yankee Candle & the Lola Rose. I did however buy the SBC one yesterday, I intend to buy the Josie Maran one later in the month and I'm thinking about this one.

I'm still undecided about this TSV. I think the price will be a decide for me because I am interested in trying the range.

I tweeted Alpha-H and they recommend the balancing cleanser for me with my combination skin. It's all very confusing. lol!

There some strong glycolics out there going up to 40-50% I think, and yes they burn skin so it needs to be neutralised by a solution of baking soda in a couple of minutes. I guess that Keeley was being economical with the truth. LG is 5% and used every other night or less frequent

"economical with the truth", very good! :) I like that expression.:)

By the way, currently I am using up the Glycolic Acid Toning Complex containing 10% glycolic acid from Peter Thomas Roth, http://www.sephora.com/glycolic-acid-10-toning-complex-clarifying-toner-P375358, I thought I might have the same great results which I had with the Liquid Gold. And I thought, in the end, 250ml would be more economiccal that the 100ml of Liquid Gold. How wrong I was! Putting this on my skin there was a strong tingle I had never experienced before. It didn't vanish the longer I used the Complex. And although the concentration of glycolic acid is higher and combined with other good exfoliating stuff, my skin didn't show any effect whatsoever apart from the tingle. Which is strange because I have read in some reviews that this would be better than Liquid Gold, which is why I bought the bottle in the first place (and it was on offer. *blush*). Anyway, what I want to say: Liquid Gold RULES! :)

I'm still undecided about this TSV. I think the price will be a decide for me because I am interested in trying the range.

I tweeted Alpha-H and they recommend the balancing cleanser for me with my combination skin. It's all very confusing. lol!

I agree. Didn't they tell recently me that with combination skin, the TAC is the choice to make? Anyway, the Balancing Cleanser is suitable for any skin type, that's even written in their product guide one can download from their webpage.

Concernig the new eye cream: I like that it's 20ml instead of the usual 15ml.:)

I agree. Didn't they tell recently me that with combination skin, the TAC is the choice to make?

Yes, the video say that the Triple Action Cleanser is best for combination skin. Like I said, it's all very confusing, lol!

...on the other hand, if they said the Balancing Cleanser is for every skin type (as in the product guide, on the webpage,...), who would buy the TAC then?! ;-)

Of course you would.
But if you always heard that "for every skin type" song, why change? ;-)

Anyway, we'll see which explanation we get on TSV day.:)

Years ago I tried a clear gel cleanser and a creamier textured one, knowing that I prefer the latter could someone identify it for me? I'm not sure I'll buy this because I've got the eye cream in my stock pile and am currently checking how much LG I have left.

Do Alpha H and/or QVC still sell the Liquid Gold cleanser - I liked that and still have a 100ml tube left?

Latest posts

Back