Alpha-H TSV 13/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think you may be better suited to the Balancing cleanser if you like "creamy" cleansers, I think thats why i didnt like the triple action cleanser.

Thank-you, but everywhere says the triple action us for combination skin, whereas the balancing is for a dry skin. Is this correct?

Thank-you, but everywhere says the triple action us for combination skin, whereas the balancing is for a dry skin. Is this correct?

Ive used balancing in the past and ive never had dry skin , far from it lol and Michelle has always said it was the first cleanser she used when she had acne etc. Even the description on Q says says its suitable for all skin types :)

Perhaps wait for the TSV day and listen to the presentation , because 500mls is alot of cleanser so you dont want to make the wrong choice :)

Oh the Alph H website you can look at what they recommend for your skin type, For combination they say Balancing Cleanser.....
https://www.alpha-h.com/Products/Skin-Concerns/Combination.aspx

Just got another email from the Alpha-H Lady suggesting one of their Cleansing Oils as they are designed for normal to dry and / or sensitive skin types.:) That's because I wrote about me being bored with the Balancing Cleanser.
The oils could be an option, only they are not part of the TSV or elsewhere on offer. Very nice customer service! :)

Ive used balancing in the past and ive never had dry skin , far from it lol and Michelle has always said it was the first cleanser she used when she had acne etc. Even the description on Q says says its suitable for all skin types :)

Perhaps wait for the TSV day and listen to the presentation , because 500mls is alot of cleanser so you dont want to make the wrong choice :)

Oh the Alph H website you can look at what they recommend for your skin type, For combination they say Balancing Cleanser.....
https://www.alpha-h.com/Products/Skin-Concerns/Combination.aspx

The Alpha-H Lady I emailed with told a different story as you can read in my previous posting.

i have used the balancing cleanser for years. i have quite an oily skin. its quite a gentle cleanser but does the job. i cant use liz earle as it has essential oils so is quite irritating. you may have a spotty skin because your allergic to certain ingredients. i can see anyone using this despite thier skin type. i ilke wash off to as its more refreshing sometimes

Did you know there is an SPF powder which you just brush on and that's it? Peter Thomas Roth has one, but I haven't tried it yet. :)

I've used the 30 and 45 spf versions of this. The product itself is fine, but the brush is scratchy and it's easy to loosen the bottom (and lose all the powder when it drops off :down:) when you wind the brush back down.

I now use the BM version (the duo with the lip balm from QVC is good value). The powder really does protect without the suffocating feel of chemical sunscreen, it's portable and easy to top up through the day.

Ive used balancing in the past and ive never had dry skin , far from it lol and Michelle has always said it was the first cleanser she used when she had acne etc.
That's right, I think she always mentions it when presenting the Balancing Cleanser.

I have combination skin and use the balancing cleanser - it does what it says on the tin, balances the skin. Triple action cleanser is a gel and balancing cleanser is a cream. I use a combination of both cleansers over the year, in the warmer months when my skin is greaser I use TAC, whereas in winter when I have drier or dehydrated patches I use BC.

For oily skins the Clear Skin wash is the way to go. I occasionally use that in the evenings on my t-zone in the hottest weather (so no need for it this year!) but any other time it's too drying for combination skin.

One reason I like Alpha H cleansers is that you can wash them off, no messing around with a muslin if your in a hurry.

Last edited:
I suppose it's worth trying the eye cream included in a tsv, shame nothing is mentioned about it being good for the puffy eyes (eye bags)

I think its safe to say we are all very confused on which cleanser is best for the different skin types lol

Lets hope Michelle and Tom are allowed to explain which is best during the Tsv hours :)

the creamy one works for most people. the wash would be more suited to an oilier problematic skin. i use both though

the creamy one works for most people. the wash would be more suited to an oilier problematic skin. i use both though

You see i have "problematic skin" and i didnt like the triple action cleanser lol

I have had a go using both cleansers this week as have never tried either of them before, I do like them both and most of the time use a creamy sort of cleanser like C&P or Pro Radiance so am enjoying using the triple action cleanser as the gel type consistency makes a change for me, both seem to suit my skin which seems more of combination type at the mo, but I do get eczema breakouts so was pleased Alpha H has not upset my skin at all. Will resist this tsv though as I have too much cleanser already in my stash, I would have preferred smaller sizes and more products to try but I know this will be a tempting tsv for a lot of us

Hi all. I've been following the QVC threads for a while, but this is my first post to the forum. Thanks to your posts I've managed to resist the recent Liz Earle, Laura Geller and Elemis TSV's, but reckon I'm going to cave at this one!

Love the product mix and I think my skin needs Liquid Gold. I've not used it for a couple of years (and I don't know why I stopped because it did improve my skin). Also, I really liked the balancing cleanser last time I tried it, The eye cream is the deal maker for me - I've been looking for a new one for a while. So, as long as the price is right, I'm in!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post here and making this such a great forum.

I think its safe to say we are all very confused on which cleanser is best for the different skin types lol

Lets hope Michelle and Tom are allowed to explain which is best during the Tsv hours :)

Amen to that!

It would actually be more likely to happen if one of the guys is presenting with them. No chance with AY, Jill Franks, Sara Griffiths <shudder>.

Of the women - better if it's Julia, Debbie or Jilly - they are the ones most likely to let Michelle and Tom speak (although Debbie will then be urging us all to buy two, three etc).

Hi all. I've been following the QVC threads for a while, but this is my first post to the forum. Thanks to your posts I've managed to resist the recent Liz Earle, Laura Geller and Elemis TSV's, but reckon I'm going to cave at this one!

Love the product mix and I think my skin needs Liquid Gold. I've not used it for a couple of years (and I don't know why I stopped because it did improve my skin). Also, I really liked the balancing cleanser last time I tried it, The eye cream is the deal maker for me - I've been looking for a new one for a while. So, as long as the price is right, I'm in!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post here and making this such a great forum.
Welcome to the forum! :)

I also resisted all of those TSVs Deedee99, welcome to the forum and happy posting.

Latest posts

Back