Alison Young Shut Your Stupid Gob

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would just like to welcome two newbies to the forum. Fletchie and Yorkshirepud. Enjoy posting.

absolutely love alison young!
yes sometimes she does go over the top and i do believe that many of us qvc customers have bough beauty stuff thats worthless to us over the years but she has a fantstic dry sense of humour and she will always make me laugh...she really cheers me up!
qvc have bought us legendary skincare over the last decade and a half some legendary for being rubbish and some i have bought for years and will continue to do so.
sorry to say though that a reasonable skin care routine is a must even if its just boots/superdrug...
that woman selling the tsv (leg machine) today is a case in point nice legs shame about the face.....even nivea applied religiously would give her some results sorry!:tongue2:

Ugh, this morning I was watching the beauty shows I taped from yesterday and I ended up wizzing through all of them and deleting. AY goes from bad to worse. Honestly if she spouts on once more about how every product in the hour is ideal for nurses/shift workers/new mums I'll fling somet at the telly!

She needs to change her spiel already! I honestly think she needs to go to a presenting refresher course as if you don't watch the show but just listen to her it's all such drivel she comes out with!! Her makeup application was appalling (including putting a BE glimmer/eyeshadow on the model with the Smashbox Brow Tech brush?!) and during the same presentation she metioned she was now applying the BE Bare Radiance but it was an eyeshadow, there was no Bare Radiance in the kit at all. Anyone watching who's not clued up on that brand would be totally confused.

Frankly, she ruins the beauty shows for me to the extent that I've stopped setting them to tape if she's presenting.

Tx

She's just there to sell, and she'll say anything in order to do that. I don't watch QVC these days, but well remember how often she used to contradict herself, and how often she spouted absolute nonsense. I don't know about a presenter refresher course, but she would most certainly benefit from a Basic Use of English Course. Literally.

I've never laughed so much! So pleased it's not just me who fast forwards the shows! I must admit lately I have been questioning her advice literally for you! Drives me nuts!!!

"And this is your actual mascara that you apply to your actual eyelashes (really, I thought I'd apply it to my earlobes...) literally, in your own home, and this shade, Murky Mudflaps, was created by Jade Jagger, literally, and is the one that celebrities like Sir Jimmy Saville and Debbie McGee, have delivered to their own homes, literally, by their private jets. An appointment with the actual, prestigious make-up artist who designed the brush, would cost £200! And you'd have to go in by a private door, used only by A-list Hollywood stars like Geri Halliwell and Jeanette Kranky, literally. And you can have this for just £53, if you were to buy the actual full size, it would cost you literally £600, and here you have the actual deluxe sample size of 0.01 ml, ideal for travelling, literally, and for actual shift-workers and nurses, who literally aren't allowed to have actual pockets in their actual uniforms, literally. Imagine the pewer actual formula, which, in actual full-size would last you for yurs, but in this deluxe, made only for QVC travel size, will last you for 63 seconds, literally. And if you read prestigious magazines like Washing-Up Weekly and the Turnip-Grower's Gazette, you'll know that this is being worn on the stars from the new reality show, Can I Get Me Face on Telly If I Act Like a Complete Plonker? literally, and you can have the same prestigious actual product that you can't get anywhere else, literally, except at the local poundshop and down Dave's Garage in the Bargain Bin bucket. I need you to jump to the actual phones now, literally, because this could sell out within the next 22 years, and we can't get this back in stock ever again, literally, until we actually have it as a one time only price for £20 cheaper next week, literally..."

I really like Alison Young and I much prefer her presenting the beauty shows because other presenters just tell us why they like it and what it does for their skin etc, great and all but we don't all have the same skin etc. Alison at least highlights skintypes and skin problems that the products may suit and why. I also think that she's hilarious and one of the few presenters who will quite happily take the 'p' out of herself on air.

At the end of the day she's a saleswoman but through her recommendations she turned my skin around. I buy what I'd like to try and wouldn't be led into doing so otherwise, if you don't like her then don't watch, but why watch just so you can have a rant ? I wouldn't waste my time if I didn't like something/someone that much !! :D

I really like Alison Young and I much prefer her presenting the beauty shows because other presenters just tell us why they like it and what it does for their skin etc, great and all but we don't all have the same skin etc. Alison at least highlights skintypes and skin problems that the products may suit and why. I also think that she's hilarious and one of the few presenters who will quite happily take the 'p' out of herself on air.

At the end of the day she's a saleswoman but through her recommendations she turned my skin around. I buy what I'd like to try and wouldn't be led into doing so otherwise, if you don't like her then don't watch, but why watch just so you can have a rant ? I wouldn't waste my time if I didn't like something/someone that much !! :D

I don't watch SO i can have a rant! I'm not literally that tragic (jump to the phones). I watch the beauty shows, if she's on I fast forward unless it's something I'm REALLY interested in as I can't bear her patter. And this forum is where people come to rant/talk/discuss shopping telly.

Literally.

:drunk:

Oh i claudipuss you so read my mind! I think like that when I watch 'live' and will watch something else so that I record it and skip all the waffle!
If you're sat at home looking in the mirror literally thinking that the Q Cut, website and the red active button are the way to go then please do literally to beat the phone queues (oh must interrupt -there are queues on the phone, literally!! then you can order on your mobile before you put your lippy on (that's SO exclusive we can't sell it for you).
I really must thank you for your patience....oh we have a sell out situation!!!! Damn....should have stocked piled :(

Oh i claudipuss you so read my mind! I think like that when I watch 'live' and will watch something else so that I record it and skip all the waffle!
If you're sat at home looking in the mirror literally thinking that the Q Cut, website and the red active button are the way to go then please do literally to beat the phone queues (oh must interrupt -there are queues on the phone, literally!! then you can order on your mobile before you put your lippy on (that's SO exclusive we can't sell it for you).
I really must thank you for your patience....oh we have a sell out situation!!!! Damn....should have stocked piled :(

"And this is your actual mascara that you apply to your actual eyelashes (really, I thought I'd apply it to my earlobes...) literally, in your own home, and this shade, Murky Mudflaps, was created by Jade Jagger, literally, and is the one that celebrities like Sir Jimmy Saville and Debbie McGee, have delivered to their own homes, literally, by their private jets. An appointment with the actual, prestigious make-up artist who designed the brush, would cost £200! And you'd have to go in by a private door, used only by A-list Hollywood stars like Geri Halliwell and Jeanette Kranky, literally. And you can have this for just £53, if you were to buy the actual full size, it would cost you literally £600, and here you have the actual deluxe sample size of 0.01 ml, ideal for travelling, literally, and for actual shift-workers and nurses, who literally aren't allowed to have actual pockets in their actual uniforms, literally. Imagine the pewer actual formula, which, in actual full-size would last you for yurs, but in this deluxe, made only for QVC travel size, will last you for 63 seconds, literally. And if you read prestigious magazines like Washing-Up Weekly and the Turnip-Grower's Gazette, you'll know that this is being worn on the stars from the new reality show, Can I Get Me Face on Telly If I Act Like a Complete Plonker? literally, and you can have the same prestigious actual product that you can't get anywhere else, literally, except at the local poundshop and down Dave's Garage in the Bargain Bin bucket. I need you to jump to the actual phones now, literally, because this could sell out within the next 22 years, and we can't get this back in stock ever again, literally, until we actually have it as a one time only price for £20 cheaper next week, literally..."

PMSL..

these are two of the most astute posts on Young ever written.

I quite like her but I really like to laugh at her nonsense even more...
:heart::heart:sell out situation :rock:

Brilliant , just brilliant !

I caught one of the night time repeats the other day and heard her actually say that you could apply something "under your skin". What a woman!

Did anyone see one of the Philosophy shows months ago when she was taking the pee out or Robin's accent? I don't know what it was exactly that Robin had said but the next minute they were saying 'pecan flan'. With Robin's accent it was more like 'Pecaahn Flaahn' and AY was criticising Robin and making her say it again because she thought it was so funny! She is so rude! :blush:

She also cracks me up when people phone in and she bosses them around quizzing them on what they are using and then says something like "I will allow you to do what you're doing but you need to spend £50 on this tiny tube of jollop and that will cure your wrinkles." :talking:

One of the most annoying women on the planet ...

Over the years I have spent loads of money on various brands recommended by AY.
I agree she is extremely annoying. If I watch a Decleor show I prefer the other presenters.

Hubby says her voice gives him a headache!

I have now found what products suit my skin and I stick to those. I now buy Liz Earle direct from the Isle of Wight.

I'm not really into skincare as such - I use LE and buy normally from my local John.Lewis. - so I don't have to watch AY,as such.I do like the make up tsv's - and will always tune in for those,but AY makes it very hard to watch (for me).

Just heard a classic, switched on between watching my recorded stuff.

Alison, about this look would be perfect for a job interview. Oh you would get the job if you walked in looking like this, she stated.

Interviewer, "So Miss XXXXX, was is your experience with brain surgery?"
Applicant, "Nothing. But I am wearing BE and look fabulous."
Interviewer, "Of course the job is yours."

Yesterday AY was on her show with that powder Escuentials I think - the one where apparently everyone is going MAD for the white bag?? the special offer yester was for 7 items for over £40.00 and AY said something really odd, about bulk budgeting, it didnt sound right - and she continued to prattle on, and i lost the will to live! and turned over. she does shout, and talk over her co presenters, sometimes as if she is in competition. I cant work out what it is that is different about her; she doesnt wear the most flattering of clothes at times.

Over the years I have aired the same opinions as Burlybear about skin care etc. and at times was 'shouted' down by lovers of these expensive products so it's nice to see other forum members have grown wise to the utter rubbish spouted by A.Y. and Co.

Latest posts

Back