Alison Young At It Again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

what is it about alison young that makes her behaviour acceptable to some people? if you met her at a beauty event and did the same to her do you think you would be happy?
Of course they wouldn't and they'd be up in arms reading the riot act if Gobby slapped one of their daughters, and rightly so.

what is it that makes her think the usual rules dont apply to her?
Because the management at QVC don't have the balls to do anything about her bullying behaviour.

i cannot stand her. if i met her i'd probably smack her in the face ... happy with that?
The actual literal silence is deafening.... :emo:

I saw the BE show last night with AY and Lee and they were having a great time. I think if Lee was upset she would have refused to do the show .

Ive not said that AY`s behaviour is acceptable...... If peeps are so outraged though, make a formal complaint against her.... And if the management at qvc don`t have the balls to do anything about her, well, make a stand & boycott qvc! :bandit:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion so please do not attack someone for posting their opinion.

Personally I thought what AY did was out of order and I sent an e-mail of complaint to QVC about it. Equally I switch on tonight and she was on with Elemis and she was on good form, having a laugh and a joke, all good fun, just shows that when she tries hard enough she can have fun and be funny without hitting someone.

Thanks for this Sazza, that was the point I was clumsily trying to make last night or whenever - most of the time she's great when she laughs and jokes and banters, just out of order when she slaps! Saw a little of the Elemis show and agree, it was lovely - good natured etc, the BE show went too far!

Thanks for this Sazza, that was the point I was clumsily trying to make last night or whenever - most of the time she's great when she laughs and jokes and banters, just out of order when she slaps! Saw a little of the Elemis show and agree, it was lovely - good natured etc, the BE show went too far!

Well said totally agree.

I saw the BE show last night with AY and Lee and they were having a great time. I think if Lee was upset she would have refused to do the show .
Don't be ridiculous. These lower profile guest presenters wouldn't dare do that because their dubious 15 minutes in the QVC spotlight is too precious to them to risk losing it, and Gobby knows that. Demeaning and humiliating people who can't or won't retaliate is typical behaviour from bullies, they choose their victims very carefully and that's why they often get away with such behaviour. Can you imagine Gobby slapping a higher profile presenter or stronger personailty than herself like Mally or Laura Geller round the chops?? :wonder: No I can't either. And you can't possibly be that naive to believe it either.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion so please do not attack someone for posting their opinion.

Personally I thought what AY did was out of order and I sent an e-mail of complaint to QVC about it. Equally I switch on tonight and she was on with Elemis and she was on good form, having a laugh and a joke, all good fun, just shows that when she tries hard enough she can have fun and be funny without hitting someone.

I have emailed a complaint as well.

WHAT !

Refuse to work for her brand, representing them on QVC that would shift more product in one day then would be sold in a week in the department stores, I don't think so.

She is not only a guest on QVC she works for the brand, why would she risk it affecting her job or more importantly let the bully win.

She has nothing to retreat into the background for, I know Lee has been attacked on here, but I like her.

I'm sure certain people keep on eye on things and also Lee's boss, who would need to check on the brands position on QVC.

Perhaps one day AY will attack someone who appears to be lower pofile who would accept it, but the matter could be taken much futher by someone else.

She certainly can't be allowed to get away with this behaviour, done in fun or not it has nothing to do with advise or selling of any item.

Last edited:
She certainly can't be allowed to get away with this behaviour, done in fun or not it has nothing to do with advise or selling of any item.
And have you done anything about it Bags? Have you emailed or phoned QVC, to make a complaint about Alison Young`s behaviour? :bandit:

If AY's behaviour was perfectly acceptable, then why has QVC removed the offending video?

It can't just be because people are discussing it negatively on here, otherwise the only presenters on air would be KT, PG and DG!

The impression I get is that she is enjoying herself. I didn't realise that so many people are so easily shocked and offended by a TV sales person giving another presenter a tap on the chops. It was hardly an assault.

I think most people manage to enjoy themselves perfectly well without hitting other people in the face.

There are many things worth getting worked up or upset about, murder, famine,illness, cruelty,seeing your home and belongings washed away but the antics of a TV makeup person is not one of them in my humble opinion.

Absolutely right - these are definitely more important things to get upset about. But this is Shoppingtelly.com so we're not really going to discuss things like that on here, are we?
As for posts saying "if you don't like AY, then don't watch her," - I should think, as viewers, we should be able to sit down and watch a show without seeing the presenter whacking the guests. AY is there to give out information about beauty products so we can decide if we want to buy them , and in my opinion she doesn't even do that very well any more.

I have the right to answer my critics surely? If you single out my post and use abbreviated swear words to show your displeasure with my opinion, then I'm obviously going to reply. I do think you should lighten up ~ you seem very angry:sad:

I fail to see how this constitutes an opinion on AY's actions and the thread topic? This is an overtly personal comment with no relevance to the subject.
A few lines made by a person on a forum about shopping television channels does not give anyone either the information, the knowledge or the right to make judgements about another forum member's mood, demeanour or personality, and I am extremely offended by this inference.
If individuals' opinions about a thread differ that is one thing, and the discussion of these opinions is what makes this forum interesting, making personal comments like this is another thing entirely.

Last edited:
Absolutely right - these are definitely more important things to get upset about. But this is Shoppingtelly.com so we're not really going to discuss things like that on here, are we?
As for posts saying "if you don't like AY, then don't watch her," - I should think, as viewers, we should be able to sit down and watch a show without seeing the presenter whacking the guests. AY is there to give out information about beauty products so we can decide if we want to buy them , and in my opinion she doesn't even do that very well any more.
Then instead of keep going on & on about it on here, why don`t you or the other shocked peeps start a new thread about who has complained about this issue to qvc..... Instead, this issue is just going round in circles.... COMPLAIN ABOUT HER FGS! That should give some sort of satisfaction.... :bandit:

Then instead of keep going on & on about it on here, why don`t you or the other shocked peeps start a new thread about who has complained about this issue to qvc..... Instead, this issue is just going round in circles.... COMPLAIN ABOUT HER FGS! That should give some sort of satisfaction.... :bandit:

Why would a new thread need to be started? There's a perfectly good thread already in which people have been expressing their opinions.

Why do people need to state that they've complained to QVC in order to express their opinions on this issue?

When did you become the site owner or a moderator? If you explain why all and sundry should ask "How high" when you say "Jump", I'm sure things will become much clearer.

:clapping:

Why would or should anyone start a new thread explaining what commuincation they have had with QVC regarding this matter ?
Anyones discussions with QVC are surely are allowed to remain private, if they wish that.
I may have missed something but I didn't realise we were restricted to the length of a thread ?
If this thread upsets you maybe you should perhaps refrain from reading it futher if you find it goes round in circles too much.

:flower:

Latest posts

Back