Alison Young At It Again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

its at about 2:04 if you dont want to watch the whole thing.

what a nasty piece of work AY is.

Thanks for the link. So she's slapped her on our behalf eh. That takes the biscuit. Time for one of these guests to give her a bit of the old John Prescott swift left hook.

Watching the Bare Escentuals hour , Did anyone see our "Resident Beauty Expert" slap Lee Etheridge on the face? I think Lee was shocked... Why won't QVC do something about her. :headbang::taphead:

I once worked with someone who used to think she could do such pevish things to her work colleagues, (both men and women). Then, one day someone slapped her back, twice as hard, and she never did it again. I would love to see AY's reaction if that literally, actually happened to her. :smirk:

Yikes! Not the first time she's done that either. OK, so she may have been messing around and it may not have been hard but don't the bosses tell her not to do it??!

I would love one of the guests to do it to her and see what she makes of it?!

I've just watched the video on the link.

Absolutely unbelievable!!! If anyone did that in the 'normal' workplace they'd be up for disciplinary action. Even if Lee is a friend there was no excuse for that behaviour. Lee commented that it hurt and she was being bullied. A joke comment? I doubt it because it was spontaneous.

And although she's the 'resident beauty expert' she should remember that in this life, whatever job you have, no one is indispensible.

I like AY. She has a good sense of humour and is a bit mad. To me it looked like a playful slap between friends and if I'd seen it before I read this thread I would have smiled.
I don't think the guest seemed offended at all. It just looked like a bit of horse-play to me. They're only flogging make-up and imo it's best done with a bit of fun and a slap or two.

I just watched it and I don't care if they are friends or not, Alison was way out of order and very unprofessional. I think it's time the bosses had a word, it's not the first time she has slapped or insulted guests on air.

I have just watched this link and I can't see a slap at all, am I dippy (no, please don't answer that!!!!) or have they changed/edited the presentation?

It's a different video now showing for this item. Hmmm does that mean QVC think it's unacceptable? I hope they do more than just sweep it under the carpet.

Jude xx

I will say it has been removed.

Playful slap or not, she is representing QVC the shopping channel to a large audience and keep her hands to herself. She is suppose to be a professional and should on public TV act like one. Bet if she had been someone like Russell Brand or Graham Norton on a chat show and did it to a guest. There would be a massive out cry for her to be sacked.

I didn;t see the slap either but what I did see was a so called beauty expert wearing makeup that looked as if it had been slapped on by a four year old. when are QVC going to get a beauty presenter that looks the part.

I thought her hair and makeup looked so much better yesterday, it took years off her. Just caught a glimpse of this morning and lo and behold, the eye liner's back along with the centre parted hair. She looks as if she's just come up from a coal mine!!

I thought her hair and makeup looked so much better yesterday, it took years off her. Just caught a glimpse of this morning and lo and behold, the eye liner's back along with the centre parted hair. She looks as if she's just come up from a coal mine!!

Totally agree. Far too much black eyeliner & makes her look older. Someone should tell her that the Dusty Springfield look belongs in the sixties.

I will say it has been removed.

Playful slap or not, she is representing QVC the shopping channel to a large audience and keep her hands to herself. She is suppose to be a professional and should on public TV act like one. Bet if she had been someone like Russell Brand or Graham Norton on a chat show and did it to a guest. There would be a massive out cry for her to be sacked.

If QVC have removed it, then they may have done it after reading this thread. Hope so. Alison's behaviour on screen is completely unacceptable sometimes. I saw her whack a model on the arm a couple of weeks ago too. It was a beauty show (can't remember which brand) and she said "Wake up!" to the model who'd just had a treatment from the guest and smacked her on the arm. It wasn't just a tap either. If any of us did this in our jobs, we'd probably be hauled into the office for a disciplinary. I think it's about time this happened to Ms Young.

I like AY. She has a good sense of humour and is a bit mad. To me it looked like a playful slap between friends and if I'd seen it before I read this thread I would have smiled.
I don't think the guest seemed offended at all. It just looked like a bit of horse-play to me. They're only flogging make-up and imo it's best done with a bit of fun and a slap or two.

I thought I had written this post, but it seems you beat me to it. Couldn't agree more but it would seem we are in the minority.:flower:

Latest posts

Back