Ali K's hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saffie

Registered Shopper
She has obviously had her hair cut, but my god what a mess, I don't like her at all, but to give her, her due, she usually looks well turned out. If she can't manage her own hair, I'm sure someone could do it for her.

After reading your post I popped over to Q to have a look.

I was expecting her to look shocking (or shocked) but she looks OK to me. Maybe I have lower standards???

I'm looking at it, and wondering. It doesn't look as good as her usual style. The colour is flatter and duller too.

I am also noticing that she wasn't tasting the chocolates from thorntons. Did she taste any of the Wittards stuff? She has just nibbled a Churchill's shortbread.

Although i have to say it was a pleasure not to have to watch them tasting chopped about chocs, cut with that horrible gloopy knife while simulating oral orgasms. They were obviously not intending to do the tastings and were set up accordingly - no knife, chopping board, etc. very refreshing. I much preferred it.

Hope it doesn't affect their sales, because it was a pleasure to watch. :)

I think the problem is that she appears to have had a bit lopped off the back with no effort whatsoever to style the part from the ears up. Perhaps she is growing layers out but it's not a good look at all, it's just a nothing style.

Personally I loved it when it was very short as it looked young and sharp. The style she seems to favour is very Jilly Cooper and that is no compliment let me tell you.

Shame because she is a good looking lady.

I liked her hair before, and often with some of the older women they say your hair thins as you age - mine definately has and it just doesn't look as good as it did 5 or so years ago, my hair was gorgeous, I wish it was that way now.

I don't like her hair as I saw it on tv yesterday and again tonight with the tsv - but maybe she felt like a change, it's darker or something too, and a lot flatter in style.

Oh I really like Ali's hair shorter! I didn't watch QVC before she was poorly so don't know how her hair used to be, but since she lost her hair and it grew back so thick and wavy (lucky lady!), I thought the longer style overwhelmed her delicate features so I think this length is more flattering and more her age (it doesn't age her, in fact looks modern, but shows her face well).
No idea if/what her natural colouring is but if this is heavily coloured I do find it very flat and one tone but still think she looks pretty!

I like Ali's new hair do, maybe she forgot to check her hair before she came on set, or maybe just having a "bad hair day" we have all had them..lol

I thought I was the only one who didn't like it, she was thanking tweeters for the compliments about her hair but I much prefer it as it was before

I like her hair too - I think it makes her look younger as well, although as Kathy says we all have bad hair days.

I think she looks lovely with her hair cut, coloured and styled. Let's hope it catches on with some of the other presenters.

Heck, if they've done away with tastings meCharlie will starve! I'm sure he supplements (or replaces) his weekly diet with what he scoffs on the food hours.
I'm looking at it, and wondering. It doesn't look as good as her usual style. The colour is flatter and duller too.

I am also noticing that she wasn't tasting the chocolates from thorntons. Did she taste any of the Wittards stuff? She has just nibbled a Churchill's shortbread.

Although i have to say it was a pleasure not to have to watch them tasting chopped about chocs, cut with that horrible gloopy knife while simulating oral orgasms. They were obviously not intending to do the tastings and were set up accordingly - no knife, chopping board, etc. very refreshing. I much preferred it.

Hope it doesn't affect their sales, because it was a pleasure to watch. :)

this new hairdo is marginally better than before but it still needs a complete restyle

For a lady who obviously likes up to date fashion and makeup (except the tan) I dont understand why she sports such an oldfashioned hair do. Very 80's

I think she looks lovely with her hair cut, coloured and styled. Let's hope it catches on with some of the other presenters.

Some of the presenters and guests have had me running to grab my scissors, recently, the 'dos' are so bad. And I'm no hairdresser! I thought 'grunge' was no longer in vogue. Silly me. Out of touch, as usual!

Yes, hairstyles on maturing ladies can be very defining, and its not always easy to get it right.

I remember going to a huge crafting products fair, and sat people watching having a coffee. I was struck by the amount of women who all looked the same ! - all wore similar colour/style short jackets, sensible shoes and trousers, most wore glasses, had rounded figures and sported easy comb through short grey/greying hair ! Yet these women were around my age who had probably worn minis and danced around their handbags in the 60's, so how had they got to looking like this ???? It was the hairstyle more than anything that did it, it can take years off or add years - look around the supermarkets and you'll see what I mean.

For me, even though she's only a few years older, Julia R looks far far better with her luscious locks than Jill Franks with her straight lank hair - which puts years on her. Ali K's hair was stunning on her wedding day, with a low bun - perhaps it was a hair piece which she favours, so I suspect she'll be 'sorting' her hair out before too long.

Brissles, I totally agree with you! The number of times I notice the short grey hair, rather brutally cut!! I do not consider myself a looker at all, and I am certainly no skinny Minnie, but I feel decades younger than some of these women simply because I colour my hair and wear makeup. I reckon lip gloss is a real help with this too!

I suspected a couple of years ago there was a directive that the female presenters grow their hair long as they all seemed to start to grow their hair.

First saw Ali's new 'do' the other day and think it looks terrific. As it happens, Ali has mentioned her new haircut and colour in her blog this week (although that is not the main subject). For those interested she mentions the why and the when and the who.

Generally I think shorter suits Ali.

I think it's great she's swimming against the tide of longer and longer hair on women QVC presenters QVC. A flattering haircut is the cheapest facelift out there.

I'd like to see Pipa back to a pixie cut (in whatever colour takes her fancy - though I really liked the pink), Catherine Huntley with her Louise Brooks bob.

Ali Young seems to have shortened her hair a little :mysmilie_59:, but unfortunately hasn't warmed up the blond colour any.

I actually think her hair has been like this all along - ok she's had it coloured.....but I actually think she's still growing her hair out from being poorly -and we usually see her with her hair up (bit miss marple to me!!!) but I thinks been with the help of the ken pavers scrunchies etc.
I really like it - I think she looks younger and healthier.Her hair was really aging her before.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back