Ali Keenan's wedding

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A few yrs ago my dad- who would have been around 80 at the time was late home from shopping. He pitched up about an hour later than expected saying he had been to a wedding, apparently he was at the bus stop with his shopping and a couple approached him and the lady next to him and asked them to be witnesses at their Registry Office Wedding.
He duly obliged, had a glass of Champagne outside, a little chat then that was it. To this day he only knows their first names and has no idea why there was no-one else there!!

My sons getting married on September the fifth, it's a very lavish affair. In our village church for the wedding, then a red open top bus to take us to a posh hotel they've hired for the day, in the evening they've hired a singing duo, one of which comes in as a policeman to "arrest" the best man (he doesn't know tee hee) after the shock wears off my other son (best man who also had a lavish wedding) then it's dance the night away :mysmilie_14: they've also got an ice cream and sweet cart for nibbles as well as a range of finger food and hot food.............me and their dad on the other hand got married in a registry office then went the beach/sea front with a few family members, our wedding was so cheap they nearly had to give us money back.

My Oldest Granddaughter got married last month and of course she looked absolutely stunning, the Bridesmaids were gorgeous and the guests looked fabulous. Everyone had dressed to kill the ladies mostly wore hats/ fascinators and the men in suits and ties. Miraculously the sun shone and it was a wonderful day enjoyed by everyone.

My sons getting married on September the fifth, it's a very lavish affair. In our village church for the wedding, then a red open top bus to take us to a posh hotel they've hired for the day, in the evening they've hired a singing duo, one of which comes in as a policeman to "arrest" the best man (he doesn't know tee hee) after the shock wears off my other son (best man who also had a lavish wedding) then it's dance the night away :mysmilie_14: they've also got an ice cream and sweet cart for nibbles as well as a range of finger food and hot food.............me and their dad on the other hand got married in a registry office then went the beach/sea front with a few family members, our wedding was so cheap they nearly had to give us money back.

My DD is getting married in October. Our house is a hive of activity! :mysmilie_13::coffee::clock::sleepy:

Congratulations to you all!!! Hope there will be loads of happy memories for you to treasure long after the big day.

I think Ali look fab. From some of DFs pics., looks like the lace is a layer of the dress because some of the pics show a satin strapless dress as you can see under the lace. As long as she and her husband are happy with their day then thats all that matters! Wishing them every happiness.

Only just seen those photos - Ali K looked beautiful, just what a bride should be and I wish them both many years of happiness. Catherine and Claire looked gorgeous as well but I'm afraid I can't say the same for Debbie - I didn't like her outfit at all. Alison Young looked horrid but I thought Kathy looked fine, very understated.

CC

What a lovely little video. Her message seemed sincerely, heartfelt. I think QVC means an awful lot to her.

Hmm. The pics are curious, to say the least. She's pictured dressed as a virgin bride, clutching a cauliflower! And those pointy shoes - you could pick onions out of a jar with those! She'd better be careful or she'll have the Marjolain bunions with feet shaped like the Ace of Spades! Still, whatever bakes her biscuit, I suppose!

As for Debbie Flint, whatever possessed her to wear that number to a wedding? Maybe Michele Hope was selling cast-offs from 1988? Pineapple yellow on black! Far too loud! Maybe the acid colours were supposed to be more "flattering" to her lumps and bumps? Mind you, there's only somuch that "shapewear" can hold in!

Catherine Huntley looked like one of those toilet roll dolls! Claire Sutton looked alright. The yellow was quite summery and nice. Alison Young looked like a 1980s midwife at a Tupperware party!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...303&thid=JN.07WfxzU2c64SU8JYhxHJrQ&ajaxhist=0

Last edited:
What a lovely little video. Her message seemed sincerely, heartfelt. I think QVC means an awful lot to her.

I think her blog "family" - Ali's Army, in particular mean a lot to her. Ali replies to most of the posts on her blog, and never just with a "thank you for your message" response either.

Aww, lovely little video, made me misty eyed ...I am one of those who cries at weddings....don't know why!!
All the best Ali and Colin, hoping that you both remain happy all your married life.
They look so well suited and happy and the peacock doing a full display just finished it beautifully.
I wonder if the lady with Dale was his wife? Was the tall gentleman at the start of the video, Claire's hubby:wonder:

Aww, lovely little video, made me misty eyed ...I am one of those who cries at weddings....don't know why!!
All the best Ali and Colin, hoping that you both remain happy all your married life.
They look so well suited and happy and the peacock doing a full display just finished it beautifully.
I wonder if the lady with Dale was his wife? Was the tall gentleman at the start of the video, Claire's hubby:wonder:

If you mean the guy who was standing beside her outside the church and who Ali pecked on the cheek, i think that was Charlie ....... but I'm probably wrong.

Lovely heartfelt message from Ali on the video. :)

Im sure we've all had health issues, and Ali is no exception, which I am sure makes this love story extra special for her, and I'm sure there wasn't a dry eye during the vows. Wishing Ali continued health - and wishing her a bouquet of flowers from her DH every month of her marriage.. my Father still does this and parents have been married 59 years!
http://alisonandcolin.co.uk/wedding.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQS_NyR7qqM

Last edited:
Hmm. The pics are curious, to say the least. She's pictured dressed as a virgin bride, clutching a cauliflower! And those pointy shoes - you could pick onions out of a jar with those! She'd better be careful or she'll have the Marjolain bunions with feet shaped like the Ace of Spades! Still, whatever bakes her biscuit, I suppose!

As for Debbie Flint, whatever possessed her to wear that number to a wedding? Maybe Michele Hope was selling cast-offs from 1988? Pineapple yellow on black! Far too loud! Maybe the acid colours were supposed to be more "flattering" to her lumps and bumps? Mind you, there's only somuch that "shapewear" can hold in!

Catherine Huntley looked like one of those toilet roll dolls! Claire Sutton looked alright. The yellow was quite summery and nice. Alison Young looked like a 1980s midwife at a Tupperware party!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...303&thid=JN.07WfxzU2c64SU8JYhxHJrQ&ajaxhist=0

I know we all have different tastes but I thought Catherine and Debbie looked lovely!! In fact everyone did and the main thing is that Ali and Colin had a super day!!!:mysmilie_846:

Latest posts

Back