Alexis, Loccitane, memory ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loving this thread.

Remember when Impulse first came out? I was in my teens & after games the girls changing room was fog-filled & stinking of every 'fragrance' available (as we'd say in NI 'would've choked a donkey').

They still do the Aapri scrub I think, not sure if it's called the same thing or not but saw it in Superdrug not long ago.

Evette!! Gosh yes, I remember that brand! And Outdoor Girl. And Constance Carroll. And getting bath salts or cubes from all your mates for Christmas. I have no idea what they were made of but they took ages to dissolve. And Aronde bubble bath, like the next one up from Matey! I loved the power cuts, playing cards by candlelight, then having one on a saucer to go to the loo with was the best thing ever. Happy days!!

I remember having a spritz of my brother's Aramis, which is stil going strong. Seem to remember being given a gift set of Brut one Xmas, which was re-gifted the following year! Remember early faves included Chanel Pour Homme, Kouros & Paco Rabanne. How tastes change! Just purchased a bottle of Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac, which I love.

This is a lovely thread, it's amazing how having not much at all in the way of possessions and home comforts can leave us with such evocative and happy memories - memories that will be common to hundreds of thousands of people our age.

I'm pretty sure that my nieces and nephews won't have this sort of memory in 30 years time when they are in their 50's. It's such a throw-away society nowadays, very few brands and products endure for years as they did "in our day" and so don't leave memories.

This thread and the other on £60 Stocking Fillers really sum up my life as I was growing up and I am very grateful for it. Remember that saying "he knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing".

Sorry, got a bit deep there !

Linda xx

Latest posts

Back