Advice on posting returns please?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wornoutcreditcard

Registered Shopper
Hi all
Can anyone advise me as to the cheapest way to post returns to qvc.

I have to return 4 separate jewellery items by Royal Mail. This can be very expensive to send by special delivery as I don't think jewellery is insured if sent by recorded and I will only get a single receipt if I put all items in one packet so if it goes astray I may only be able to claim for one item. I've checked and Hermes don't take jewellery
How do you get around this problem?
Thanks in advance

If you don't mind them taking longer to get back, post it second class either recorded, which is about a pound dear but you can track it and someone at QVC has to sign for it, or what I do, I just send it first class which is next day delivery, and get proof of postage which is free. QVC accept this because one of their good points is, so long as you can prove you handed it over at the Post Office, which free proof of postage does, that's ok and they accept it.

If you don't mind them taking longer to get back, post it second class either recorded, which is about a pound dear but you can track it and someone at QVC has to sign for it, or what I do, I just send it first class which is next day delivery, and get proof of postage which is free. QVC accept this because one of their good points is, so long as you can prove you handed it over at the Post Office, which free proof of postage does, that's ok and they accept it.
:mysmilie_59:Thanks for this I just didn't consider first class but having read your reply I seem to remember that I can claim compo up to £36 ish if it goes missing , which should cover each individual piece. You are right I can get proof of posting and a signed proof of delivery online.
Thanks again, my mind was whirling because I was so annoyed about having to return things and the cost of it all:mysmilie_59:

You don't have to worry if it goes missing after you post it, so long as you have your proof of postage, be it first or second class, if it goes missing after you post it, QVC send you a letter to sign, sign it and send a copy of your proof of postage back with the letter, then QVC claim the missing item off Royal Mail, your job is done as soon as the post office clerk takes the item off you, so don't worry about it :mysmilie_14:

Recorded isn't tracked, it just goes in with all normal post but means it should get a signature at the receiving end. Only Special Delivery (£7 min) is trackable.

But as others have said, 2nd class with free proof of posting is all you need.

For 4 items ask your PO about ParcelForce Consignment; it gives full tracking equivalent to RM Special Delivery, guaranteed 48 hour delivery and you can specify a total monetary value for insurance. On the whole 8 garment-sized parcels with £100 cover would cost less than £12 sent this way. The only specification is that all the packets are to the same address. Jewellery items being lighter should be less than £12 (but don't quote me) as the PO just takes the total weight of all the parcels to determine the price. 2nd Class Signed for might be cheaper but you don't get the £cover. HTH.

p.s. it complies with Q's "separate parcels" requirement; personally I wouldn't risk jewellery items returned in one box to QVC.

Hi Vienna recorded is tracked, you get a barcode, well it's a set of letters and numbers really, they always end in GB on your receipt which allows you to track on Royal Mails website. I've just uploaded the tracking on eBay,

Last edited:
Recorded though does not cover jewellery.

It does with QVC, if something doesn't arrive at QVC, even jewellery, they claim off Royal Mail. So long as you can prove you've posted it then the balls in their court, honestly I've been with them since day one, I've had a piece of jewellery go missing and all they needed was my proof of delivery, then they claim for it.

Hi Vienna recorded is tracked, you get a barcode, well it's a set of letters and numbers really, they always end in GB on your receipt which allows you to track on Royal Mails website. I've just uploaded the tracking on eBay,

It is only trackable after delivery so if it doesn't get delivered you are scuppered! Unlike Special Delivery which is trackable through each stage!

It does with QVC, if something doesn't arrive at QVC, even jewellery, they claim off Royal Mail. So long as you can prove you've posted it then the balls in their court, honestly I've been with them since day one, I've had a piece of jewellery go missing and all they needed was my proof of delivery, then they claim for it.

RM will not accept a parcel from you and send it Recorded if you have told them it is jewellery, you would have to lie when asked what is in the parcel in order for them to accept it!

I'm sure someone on here returned jewellery by Hermes successfully and if you do your Hermes label via QVC it's only £3.65 if you take it to the shop and up to 15 kg. I have posted Via Hermes last night two orders in one box so keeping my fingers crossed and hoping all goes well but it's not the first time I did it. All Hermes returns go to one place.
This is my last label, very generic, if you do it via Hermes not QVC you have to submit a lot of information , but when you do it via Q you just confirm the weight and the size of the parcel as far as I remember. Oh, and they email you the label and the tracking link.

Capture.jpg

Edit: just checked my tracking it's now at the Depot hopefully QVC :)

I'm sure someone on here returned jewellery by Hermes successfully and if you do your Hermes label via QVC it's only £3.65 if you take it to the shop and up to 15 kg. I have posted Via Hermes last night two orders in one box so keeping my fingers crossed and hoping all goes well but it's not the first time I did it. All Hermes returns go to one place. This is the writing fro my label, very generic, if you do it via Hermes not QVC you have a lot of the information to submit first, when you do it via Q you just confirm the weight and the size of the parcel as far as I remember. Oh, and they email you the label and the tracking link.
View attachment 10772

It has been said that people were advised not to send jewellery via Hermes

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/foru...jewellery-returns&highlight=jewellery+returns

RM will not accept a parcel from you and send it Recorded if you have told them it is jewellery, you would have to lie when asked what is in the parcel in order for them to accept it!

I sent a gold bracelet that I sold on eBay last week and told the post office woman what it was jewellery and she accepted it. Recorded is tracked and has always been an accepted returns/proof by every retailer I've ever used including eBay, Amazon and QVC. I'm only giving my experience that I've had regarding returning, and never had a problem.

Hi all
Can anyone advise me as to the cheapest way to post returns to qvc.

I have to return 4 separate jewellery items by Royal Mail. This can be very expensive to send by special delivery as I don't think jewellery is insured if sent by recorded and I will only get a single receipt if I put all items in one packet so if it goes astray I may only be able to claim for one item. I've checked and Hermes don't take jewellery

How do you get around this problem?

Thanks in advance

I sent jewellery with Hermes. Didn't know they didn't take it. In fact it was the first of two items to be credited back to my account.

Trackable is not the same as tracked. Special Delivery and Parcelforce Consignment packages have their barcodes scanned and logged at every handover so it should be possible to find out where it is at every stage of its journey and if it still gets lost RM or PF will cough up the insurance amount BUT "Signed For" (formerly known as Recorded Delivery) simply logs the post office accepting the parcel and the signature if it's delivered. I've been selling on ebay for over a decade and Royal Mail royally shaft sellers with Signed For: if you're parcel goes astray they'll refund your postage but it's hard to get any more if you sell vintage or second hand items or anything for which you cannot show proof of value (they don't accept the auction sale price!). The only reason I send items "Signed For" is to protect me against dishonest buyers who'd claim the item never arrived without a signature.

QVC is slightly different because for most items they'll refund provided you have proof of posting (just a PO print out at no extra cost) to show you sent the item back. They might quibble for jewellery sent this way, so I'd err on the side of caution.

I sent a gold bracelet that I sold on eBay last week and told the post office woman what it was jewellery and she accepted it. Recorded is tracked and has always been an accepted returns/proof by every retailer I've ever used including eBay, Amazon and QVC. I'm only giving my experience that I've had regarding returning, and never had a problem.

Had it gone missing you would not have been able to claim compensation as it was jewellery!

From RM website "Royal Mail Signed For® items are covered against loss or damage up to the sum of £50 or the value of the item, whichever is lower. Compensation for valuables, such as money and jewellery is not available on this serivce."

I promise, Recorded/Signed For is NOT trackable. It's normal post, with all the other 1st/2nd class, just with proof of posting (which you can get for free with every item anyway, just by asking) and *hopefully* a signature at the end. Nothing in the middle is tracked! It's normal post so as ever you cross your fingers & hope yours is not one of the unlucky percentage.

Latest posts

Back