Ad free games....er not!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I play a simple number drop merge game on my phone very regularly as I find it extremely relaxing and de-stressing. After every sucessful level, you get to see a quick advert which is fine as it's literally only a few seconds long, however if you fail the level it's not game over as you can carry on but in order to do this you have to sit through two extremely long and boring adverts I would say about 4 minutes worth and I'm getting really sick of it. Next time I played I decided to click on "ad-free" to see how much it would cost. It was a one off payment of £4.99 so I thought ok, that's worth it. I paid the money through Apple pay and loaded the game to play and sure enough after passing level one I was able to move straight on without any ads and that continued after reaching various levels, of course eventually I failed, went to move on and guess what - I still had the ultra long adverts - WTF?! I looked online to see if other people had the same problem and the general response is that you need to contact the game developer as clearly it's not Apple's fault. The company is based in the Far East (Korea possibly) and I've tried to find how to contact them but I can't find anything. I managed to find their facebook page but writing's all in oriental characters and there's no message facility. Ok, it's only £4.99 but I feel really "done" and of course really disappointed that I my lovely relaxing game is still riddled with blinking annoying adverts for other games that I have no interest in....gggrrrr!

I play games on Facebook on my laptop and the endless pay whatever to get extra stuff. Then the stupid ads you have to watch, quite a few of them dodgy as hell.

One, I will never ever pay them money.

Block the ads and even reported them to Meta.

I play games on Facebook on my laptop and the endless pay whatever to get extra stuff. Then the stupid ads you have to watch, quite a few of them dodgy as hell.

One, I will never ever pay them money.

Block the ads and even reported them to Meta.
I would normally never pay any extras for games. There are always opportunities to pay for upgrades right left and centre such as extra lives, extend the game once you've failed etc etc and like I said I'd never get myself into something like that, but because I play this game so frequently to relieve stress which I'm under quite a lot of right now I considered a one of payment of under a fiver worth doing under the circumstances. I was pretty damned shocked to find out that the only adverts this payment eradicated was the 10 seconds or less ones that pop up between levels - I can cope with them but I hated having to wait up to five minutes between rounds whilst these hideously long adverts played out. It wouldn't have been quite so bad if you could just let them run through whilst you did something else whilst you waited because you had to wait until a little cross appeared in the top corner and press it before you could move on to the next advert and so on until you eventually got back into the game. Lesson learned of course and I'll never do it again - I know it's only a fiver I've wasted and I can afford that but it's really blighted my enjoyment of that game 'cause every time I have to sit and watch ads I thought I'd paid to remove it bliddy well annoys me.

Well I've been playing the game this afternoon and there is a bit of a difference, like I said the mini ads have all gone, but I'm only being shown one long advert between rounds instead of two, so there is a slight improvement. Would have I paid a fiver knowing this would be the case? no probably not but as I said lesson learned but at least the game is ever so slightly less annoying to play!

I play a simple number drop merge game on my phone very regularly as I find it extremely relaxing and de-stressing. After every sucessful level, you get to see a quick advert which is fine as it's literally only a few seconds long, however if you fail the level it's not game over as you can carry on but in order to do this you have to sit through two extremely long and boring adverts I would say about 4 minutes worth and I'm getting really sick of it. Next time I played I decided to click on "ad-free" to see how much it would cost. It was a one off payment of £4.99 so I thought ok, that's worth it. I paid the money through Apple pay and loaded the game to play and sure enough after passing level one I was able to move straight on without any ads and that continued after reaching various levels, of course eventually I failed, went to move on and guess what - I still had the ultra long adverts - WTF?! I looked online to see if other people had the same problem and the general response is that you need to contact the game developer as clearly it's not Apple's fault. The company is based in the Far East (Korea possibly) and I've tried to find how to contact them but I can't find anything. I managed to find their facebook page but writing's all in oriental characters and there's no message facility. Ok, it's only £4.99 but I feel really "done" and of course really disappointed that I my lovely relaxing game is still riddled with blinking annoying adverts for other games that I have no interest in....gggrrrr!
@merryone
1. Go to the app store where you installed the game. The developer details including their email should be on there, if anything like the Google play store I use in android.

2. I play these games too. Match number and X2 blocks. And many other types too!

3. I never pay for ad removal. But sometimes this trick works: when the ad starts, I go to the home page on my phone, by pressing the home circle button, effectively switching away from the game app. Then I open the app from the icon again, not by switching back. It reloads the app at the point I left it.
This often works in tricking the app in thinking it has completed showing the ad and lets me continue without needing to watch them.
This is on android, dunno' if that works on Apple iPhone.
If it works it always works for that game app. Depends how it's programmed.

Latest posts

Back