Absolutely

• Thread starter Deleted member 21838
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Join the club! I have decided I will not give a tip to any restaurant staff who calls me you guys as it makes my blood boil and I’m tempted to pull down my knickers and ask them to point out my male parts.
Tell me when and where so I can laugh lol. I say guys myself to my nephews and sometimes to the younger girls that work in the pub. No one seems to mind.

CC

What's wrong with 'hello how are you?" . Having a 'hi guys' as a greeting to a group of certain age women is just ill mannered in my book. Then there are the waitresses who turn up at the table - again with all ladies, and saying "what can I get you guys". Its yet another Americanism that's crossed the pond.

We appear to have also imported "a bunch of" instead of "a lot of", and "reaching out to...." instead of "getting in touch". We took English to the colonies and they've strangulated it. I wonder if Latin America has done the same with the Spanish language.

In my company there is an area manager that starts every email 'Hi guys'

It makes me so annoyed that my manager has banned me from replying to her emails in case I take the opportunity to let her know that I'm not and never have been a guy.

Try dropping a clicky pen from about a foot above a hard surface, button down.

If you get it right. it will shoot into the air. It's even more addictive than just clicking it.

Also, if you have the nib extended, and you hold the pen upright with the nib at the top, then rest the button so it just touches your finger. Then lower the pen slightly and it will look as if it's piercing your finger.

Any more ideas for clicky pens (and anyone who says writing will be disqualified lol) ?
Knowing me, if I tried that trick with a pen it would probably end up inside my nostril or taking someone's eye out!

Latest posts

Back