A voucher code to say thank you!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bigbean

Registered Shopper
I got all excited thinking yeh at last qvc appreciate all the money I’ve spent with them but NO despite them saying (and I quote) ‘2020 has been quite a year but we’ve got through it together and we’re always here with you on screen, online and on social. To say thank you for sticking with us, here’s a code to spread the cost of your next shop in 3 interest-free instalments’. 😡

I rarely use the EZ pay option but when I have they always round the payment UP so hardly interest free to my mind!!

What a joke. Who in their Marketing Department thinks this is a good thank you to loyal customers? I suppose they can’t give us discount codes since they have to fund all the ‘freebies’ the presenters get somehow?

I received the same email and thought exactly the same as you, BB. Disappointing. Looks like we won’t see offers like 15% off Clearance which we had this time last year again, as I was saying in another thread.

I opened this thread with great anticipation! Then came to my senses this is QVC we are talking about.I order with 15% off & free P&P & the like, not paying in full but in 3 instalments! This will get some people into more debt.How many times do they say ‘only £15 to get it home and try’ remember if you decide to return the combined p&p could be around £10+.I have ordered from Q recently but only things I really want & have checked out the price Including P&P.

At the moment they are offering easy pay on almost everything, presenters are really pushing all the various codes, and making out what a wonderful ‘offer’ we are getting. This doesn’t give us anything, just profiting themselves.

At the moment they are offering easy pay on almost everything, presenters are really pushing all the various codes, and making out what a wonderful ‘offer’ we are getting. This doesn’t give us anything, just profiting themselves.
They really are. The presenters stumble over it themselves because they will say, "Don't forget to use the code xxxx to get three easy pays on this ... oh, sorry, it's already on four easy pays so you don't need the code!" As you say, it just gives them more sales and at no real cost to themselves because they are not giving you money off.

They are so mean. Why not offer discount codes or money off. Easy pay just means they still get the price of the item, but just more slowly. Mean old devils.

They are so mean. Why not offer discount codes or money off. Easy pay just means they still get the price of the item, but just more slowly. Mean old devils.
Because they have done this for years, thank you 99% of their thank yous are easy pay. To keep you shopping with them. Sometimes they will or did actually give a £5 voucher to people which caused the Why Did I Not Get One? The reply was the computer chose at random. If you didn't shop with them even with the offer of £5 some months later you could get a £10 voucher. I did get a £15 the other year when they asked if I would still let them send emails to me. Which I took and bought a lovely bracelet in clearance.

I didn't even get the email but quite honestly it's a empty gesture, 'cause they're not actually giving you anything at all - In fact it's the opposite because they're just encouraging you to make another purchase that you may or may not have been planning to do,and let's face it loads of stuff is on EZ pay anyway...so big whoop! Many years ago my catalogue sent me a couple of pretty mugs and a box of chocolates as a thank you for my custom - It wasn't much, but I was thrilled

No I've
I didn't even get the email but quite honestly it's a empty gesture, 'cause they're not actually giving you anything at all - In fact it's the opposite because they're just encouraging you to make another purchase that you may or may not have been planning to do,and let's face it loads of stuff is on EZ pay anyway...so big whoop! Many years ago my catalogue sent me a couple of pretty mugs and a box of chocolates as a thank you for my custom - It wasn't much, but I was thrilled
Not had one either Merry but then I haven't ordered anything in over 12 months.

If I was on Facebook (which I’m not) I’d post a complaint 🤬 since it‘s a pathetic gesture and they should be called out for it. Absolute disgrace - they have continued to sell their goods throughout the pandemic but, if they need to tighten their belts, they should stop the freebies to their already well rewarded presenters not stop discounts we, the customers, used to get for spending considerable amounts of money with them....grrr you can tell I’m really annoyed 😡

Because they have done this for years, thank you 99% of their thank yous are easy pay. To keep you shopping with them. Sometimes they will or did actually give a £5 voucher to people which caused the Why Did I Not Get One? The reply was the computer chose at random. If you didn't shop with them even with the offer of £5 some months later you could get a £10 voucher. I did get a £15 the other year when they asked if I would still let them send emails to me. Which I took and bought a lovely bracelet in clearance.
In this day and age though, when there are so many firms offering discounts, they are just burying their heads in the sand with just offering easy pay. I have had very little off them over the years, and it rankles that they do not give loyal customers any rewards, except easy pay.

I posted a thread about their codes a while ago.

Other companies give you ex amount off. Qvc, three easy pays. Wow. Get me on their website. I can spread the cost of a dyson for my sister.

My friend always says qvc/presenters are not your friend. They are there to make sales and get your money off you. She has no children and she won't buy anything off qvc whatsoever as stuff is shite. She buts elsewhere cheaper with no p/p.

In this day and age though, when there are so many firms offering discounts, they are just burying their heads in the sand with just offering easy pay. I have had very little off them over the years, and it rankles that they do not give loyal customers any rewards, except easy pay.
I have written on here for years QVC are dinosaurs, they will not change do not expect them to change. QVC US which is the original has never changed for years people asking on their own forum about free shipping etc and one postage price if you buy multiple different products. Never happens They like every big business Sky, BT, Virgin the energy companies only ever offer good deals to new customers. Once you have signed up for the 18 months that is it. Loyalty means nothing to QVC

Just do not buy from them and I bet they won't even notice.

I have written on here for years QVC are dinosaurs, they will not change do not expect them to change. QVC US which is the original has never changed for years people asking on their own forum about free shipping etc and one postage price if you buy multiple different products. Never happens They like every big business Sky, BT, Virgin the energy companies only ever offer good deals to new customers. Once you have signed up for the 18 months that is it. Loyalty means nothing to QVC

Just do not buy from them and I bet they won't even notice.
They are dinosaurs indeed, and probably in the end they will suffer the same fate. That's why they should listen to customers views.
I buy when I see something that I really like and can't get elsewhere.

They are dinosaurs indeed, and probably in the end they will suffer the same fate. That's why they should listen to customers views.
I buy when I see something that I really like and can't get elsewhere.
Ooh, might Chiswick Towers be hit by an asteroid?

But seriously, failure/refusal to adapt is deadly in business, I agree, probably now more than ever. Look at Arcadia. On the other hand, however many times we say on here that QVC must be struggling or that they will collapse because of this or that, the only things I ever read about QVC are that it is doing well. Below is another one, although it’s so full of quotes from one of its directors, it just reads like a corporate press release.

I never use EZPay so that “gift” would be totally wasted on me.

What I would prefer, instead of worthless vouchers, is for them to actually send goods out on the date they said. Something I ordered for the ex was due to be dispatched on 7th December but it’s been delayed until 21st. CS said it should reach me by 29th which is a fat lot of good for Christmas. So it looks as though he’ll be receiving an I.O.U. unless QVC get their finger out. 😡

Ooh, might Chiswick Towers be hit by an asteroid?

But seriously, failure/refusal to adapt is deadly in business, I agree, probably now more than ever. Look at Arcadia. On the other hand, however many times we say on here that QVC must be struggling or that they will collapse because of this or that, the only things I ever read about QVC are that it is doing well. Below is another one, although it’s so full of quotes from one of its directors, it just reads like a corporate press release.

Oh, it that their warehouse? Looks a bit empty, I was expecting something more interesting.

Latest posts

Back