a couple of observations re Elemis

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
1. Keely Aydin. to use AY's words "over-baked". However lets move on.....

2. on the FB page a woman asked "what elemis produict can i use to treat......." (cant remember what her issue was). what is it about this brand that makes people so loyal? if you have a skin issue surely youre happy to try ANYthing, not just the stuff available within a single range. someone replied and suggested bio-oil and the woman didnt even respond. rude cow.

3. ive just switched Q back on and Will is on AGAIN!! he's turning into a bit of a Craig Rowe character... uses everything.

4. A tip for Will ... if you think Elemis shave foam is a wonder product then you have been brainwashed . Those high foam gels which froth so impressively when you pat them do nowt to protect your skin when youre shaving. its all air bubbles, and its all sat on the surface of your skin. you need something that is in contact with your skin to cushion the blade. and you can only do that with a cream or an oil. Save your £ and buy a big can of Gillette foam. its the same stuff.

Last edited:
Elemis actually do a shave oil, but never mention it. Ever! Unless they've stopped making it... It was called 'smooth result' or something or other. I think all skincare brands that use similar ingredients are much of a muchness.

Will really reminds me of a mole coming out of his burrow into bright sunlight - his eyes are always screwed up like a furry animal. Quite cute really. Did I actually say that? For Gawk's sake....:drunk:

Elemis actually do a shave oil, but never mention it. Ever! Unless they've stopped making it... It was called 'smooth result' or something or other. I think all skincare brands that use similar ingredients are much of a muchness.

Will really reminds me of a mole coming out of his burrow into bright sunlight - his eyes are always screwed up like a furry animal. Quite cute really. Did I actually say that? For Gawk's sake....:drunk:

fancy him huh?

shopshape and willy sittin in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G!

I don't have a willy!!!! Oh, I see what you mean..
I'm saving myself until Anthony comes back!!

He reminds me of the little characters from the grinch - something to do with his nose and cone head!

He looks like Jimmy Neutron...probably to do with the size of his head.

Jude xx

If he dyed his hair blue he would indeed look like Thing 1 and Thing 2 (cat in the hat).

Jude xx

Had to LOL when Keeley told AY that her son used to find the sound of her high pitched, screeching voice, 'soothing'.

OMG you are so right - one of the little characters in The Grinch - little screwed up eyes and stubby nose. Classic (and cute!). :wink:

Keeley has come out with a line about a pot of pro-collagen being sold somewhere in the world every few minutes - just a rip-off of L'Occitane Alexis and her catch-phrase about the hand cream being sold at the rate of one every nano-second :hi: I can't beleive that Elemis is that widely available worldwide anyway - suspect if you are living below the poverty line in Sub-Saharan Africa shelling out nearly fifty quid for a 30ml pot of cream isn't going to be a top priority. :cheeky:

suspect if you are living below the poverty line in Sub-Saharan Africa shelling out nearly fifty quid for a 30ml pot of cream isn't going to be a top priority
Especially when it doesn't have an SPF factor!

...found this candid picture before hair & make up

Attachments

• thing 1.jpg
    thing 1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 113
To be honest it is more the cult of Keeley on her Facebook page. She is sort of like Moses coming down from the mount. Elemis do have their own official Facebook page. Keeley is Elemis on QVC, so she gets all the viewers who use Elemis. Before the last TSV, Elemis went round every counter in stores taking collections etc for QVC. I was told this by a SA. The Stars collection was £37 on sale in Debenhams, they removed everyone and I see it back at £50+

I will say yes Elemis is sold worldwide in spas. So Dubai, well that is Africa covered, Hong Kong, etc.

I had a full body scrub and moisturise at an Elemis spa at the weekend ( it was a 70th birthday gift from friends) It was lovely and I did love having the treatment but there is no way I would pay that kind of money for those products. No better than much cheaper brands IMO.

People do seem to be brainwashed or just addicted to Elemis. Somebody on the QVC FB page had used one of the cleansers and said that it had made their skin breakout, they had used a couple of other Elemis products to sort it and it still wasn't right, but they asked something that suggested to me they wanted to continue with the cleanser. Why on earth would you want to carry on using something that obviously didn't work for you? Somebody else had commented that Keeley could sell them a £1 pot of Vaseline. So obviously there's some kind spell that she casts over people. I also remember one of Keeley's devotees commenting when Elemis had won an award, saying something about them winning rather than "smug Liz Earle". This worship of Elemis just seems so extreme. If people love the products great but it does seem like some people are a bit obsessed. I'm not being anti Elemis, I've used their products and was quite happy with them, does anyone else remember around Christmas 2008 when the large toner and cleanser was on the QVC website at £17 rather than £47?

Elemis PCMC is what brought me to QVC in the first place. I do love it and even though I've used lots from the range the only thing that I love, and regularly repurchase, is the Skin Buff exfoliator. SB is next to never shown on QVC and I've never understood why. I do like the Milk Bath as a body lotion but there are alternatives that are cheaper and just as good.

When my skin was bad a few years back their SOS cream was a must have too.

But my buying habits are nowt to do with Keeley. And actually not exclusive to QVC. I did buy the hot pick yesterday though as it was the cheapest way of buying the 100ml PCMC I've seen. But I now have to decide whether to keep the other three products or to give them away or sell em on eBay.

Last edited:
That is quite thought provoking what Donna said about Elemis removing sets from Debenhams for qvc,don't Deb customers count then?
I saw a programme a few years ago about how women shop for cosmetics and skincare...before the advent of qvc I must add...one lady said she only ever bought YSL products because she had made friends with the YSL girls on counter in Harrods and she would feel disloyal to them if she bought another brand. Yes, I'm sure they were very friendly to her the amount of money she spent on their counter every month. It seems a similar sort of blind loyalty exists between Keeley and her followers.

I was told a few years ago by someone who worked for Elemis that 50% of their sales were made via QVC. I don't know if that's still true or whether that's UK sales or global. But the QVC customer is obviously king to Elemis.

Latest posts

Back