£5.45 to try on a pair of shoes!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Posy

Registered Shopper
Quite liked a pair of pumps I saw on a show this evening. They weren't cheap. Then i saw the postage and I thought, thats £5.45 to try on a pair of shoes. When I think of how many pairs I need to try on to find a style that I like and that fits my narrow feet, its an insane way to buy a pair of shoes, when fit has to be exact!

And just think, your budget will be £5 more cos you won't have to pay postage!

But don't forget you will have to use petrol and pay to park unles you use public transport and have to pay your bus/train/tube fare (using your Oyster card of course) and while you are out buying a coffee will cost several pounds.

Lol :thinking: I'm not that kind of shopper, especially as I have one foot half a size bigger than the other!

It is the same with clothes...such a gamble........so much P& P money!!!! I realise that 99.9% of anything I have ever sent back has been the clothes that do not live up to expectation.....moral of the story...don't buy any clothes from QVC

I'm generally a seven and a half and similarly have one foot bigger than the other. Next time I see a pair of shoes I like, I think I'll follow the advice to 'go up/down a size' literally, and will order them in the seven *and* in the eight and return one of each :wink: :giggle:

I ordered a Smashbox face set in Fair (as i am pasty). Of course when it came it was too orange for me so it had to go back at 1.80 ish for 2nd class post. That's on top of the £3-4 it cost to sent in the first place. So it cost up to £6 to try it out. In one way it is good that you can send it back even though you have tried it, but I was still mad with myself for getting sucked into trying it as they are all too dark for me.

The thing that irks me is I assume QVC buy stock from a manufacturer on a sale or return basis, i.e. if they get any returns, they are classed as "not sold" and the manufacturer bears the cost. So the p+p charge doesn't compensate QVC for returns they can't re-sell, it's just profit. Maybe someone on here who knows about supply chains can educate me if I've got this wrong.

I was speaking to the Genie lady at a New Year New You bash a couple of years ago, and she was explaining that the cost of returns is borne by the vendors; a burden which puts off many beauty brands as they can never recoup this loss in resales as, say fashion brands can. HTH

Not much risk or loss to QVC really

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back