You need to be aware ! ....... From today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
POSTAL CHARGES HAVE RISEN

I've just been to return a lightweight dress, in a polythene envelope packet. So as we all know, its a 'squashy' parcel. Normally its plonked on the scales and a first /second class price given.

NOW, its dragged through the counter and made to go through a plastic sizer to ensure it fits the "new guidelines and prices that came in force TODAY". eEEEEgods, normally sent first class this would have been between £2.30 - £2.70 - today it was £3.

The postal service is becoming like airports - long queues, extra weight charges and no guarantee your stuff will arrive.

I gave up airports in favour of cruising, and now I am giving up rash QVC purchases because of all the hassle and extra costs involved.

Just been to the PO was going to return RCM set. You are only covered for £20 now and it would of cost me over £10 to send back or £11 special. Decided to keep it as its not worth paying that. This is going to affect QVC big time and even post office lady said the charges are beyond silly.

These increases are definitely going to make me think twice about buying stuff now.

All the more reason to call CS and ask for a returns label if things are not as described such as clothes are bigger than measurements on the web etc.

It will affect people in 2 ways. Either they won`t order as much for fearof the cost of return postage or some people simply won`t bother to return and will keep stuff just for the sake of it. I bet it won`t be long before Q increase the cost of their deliveries too, as if they aren`t expensive enough already.

It will affect people in 2 ways. Either they won`t order as much for fearof the cost of return postage or some people simply won`t bother to return and will keep stuff just for the sake of it.
There are already lots of poor reviews on the website which state that the buyer didn't return the item because of the cost of doing so or because they couldn't be bothered. Even if you would only be a little better off returning something then surely that's better than keeping a purchase you just won't use. I realise that some customers have practical difficulties in returning things but if you can send back an unwanted item why keep it?

Just been to the PO was going to return RCM set. You are only covered for £20 now and it would of cost me over £10 to send back or £11 special. Decided to keep it as its not worth paying that. This is going to affect QVC big time and even post office lady said the charges are beyond silly.

After the fiasco no way should you have to pay to return Hun
Can't you get a prepay label?

The P&P is the main reason I have decided not to order from Q ( never say never, but would have to be something special).When I have ordered heavier packages in the past that is on the understanding I would not return because of the cost.When you look at an item price we have to add in the P&P but also of the cost of returning.They make much of the try something for 30 days & return etc.etc which is true & at times I have been pleased with this, but now it can cost £8-£10 to do this.Then of course you have to wait for the money from your return to be credited to your account!

The queue was horrendous in our Post Office this morning as I don't think even the staff could understand the new pricing and what it covers, etc. One customer politely asked for a copy of the new costs to take away and was politely told "we haven't got anything to hand out because we haven't been sent anything"!! What a total shambles.

It will now make me think twice about buying anything and it looks like it won't be worth listing on eBay anymore as I'm sure the costs will put off prospective buyers.

Perhaps others are already aware of this but I was chatting to the customer in front of me and he said he doesn't send any parcels through RM anymore, he uses Parcels2Go because they are cheaper, collect from your door and give a first class service. Anyone here used them?

My mum was chatting to staff in post office the other week and they were saying the had no leaflets on it and were hoping they would get some but when I was in last week, nothing!! Crazy as it is a huge change.

The changes are a nightmare and it is making selling on Ebay very difficult now as people won't want to pay £6 odds for a parcel which is classed as medium sized and it you don't send recorded then you are only covered for £20 not £40.

That's swung it for me with a kipling bag (the only nylon bag I own). Got it with 9p p & p - love the design (Reth) love the colours (pink & green together) and as I really wanted a print I was pepared to pay the higher Q price. However I started to think I would return it in favour of a cheaper more boring safe colour. Now I am wondering what the heck it will cost to return!

If they send me the wrong ultrasun I will get a returns label deffo.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

for an small packet usually costing £2.20 it wax £2.80 and I ma taling about a medium jiffy bag with a thin rolled up summer top in it.

One of the arguments people sometimes used for not going to the high street was parking charges/bus fares etc but nowadays the postal charges per item plus any returns charges far outweigh them. At least in the high street you can buy as many items as you like, try them on and take your time doing it and not be charged per item, just pay the one carpark ticket or bus ticket.

Thanks for updating us. Return postage costs are one of the reasons I don't really buy from QVC anymore, I haven't bought since November due partly to p and p both ways. I wanted to try a clothing item once but I realised that to try two sizes I would be paying nearly ten pounds to get it here, then paying returns if no good - I am not prepared to fork out around £15 or more pounds and potentially have nothing at the end of it. Not when so many other places will send out and return multiple items for free or a small flat rate.

Thanks Boffy. So another 80p or so. I think I will return it but this is the last time. Off to look for a sludgy coloured Reth, suitable for summer, with free postage.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

One of the arguments people sometimes used for not going to the high street was parking charges/bus fares etc but nowadays the postal charges per item plus any returns charges far outweigh them. At least in the high street you can buy as many items as you like, try them on and take your time doing it and not be charged per item, just pay the one carpark ticket or bus ticket.

Although I do like to order from Q, you can't beat that feeling when you've got home with all your shopping bags, knowing you have got some lovely stuff and even better if you've had a discount too. :mysmilie_500:

Hi,

I actually use the dreaded myHermes to send heavier parcels.

Only used them a few times so far, but they are a lot cheaper than the Post office for many things, and will collect from your house.

Cheers,
karen

I think they are hiking the prices up to seel the post office oh well they have priced themselves out of business as faras I am concerned

My feeling is that this is the Post Office getting greedy for a bigger profit from the mega boost in internet sales.

QVC's postage is already very high, but most of the items I buy come via courier, not the Post Office. Our problem as customers is that if we need to send anything back to them, unless the item is actually faulty we forfeit the postage paid to receive the item in the first place, and we invariably have to use the Post Office for our return - so are generally down at least a tenner in this position.

So I stopped ordering from QVC some time ago unless I am absolutely sure I will like the item, and the price including the postage, is definitely lower than I would pay elsewhere.

I now live in France, and I think the postage is fair - it's generally only another £1 - with the exception of my favourite Yankee Candles, which have a postage charge of £16-£17 for 3 large jar sets - but even then, the total cost is lower than buying them in a Yankee Candle store!