Yogi wand anyone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't curl with GHD's no matter what so I have a wand style curler...a JOSE EBER one and it is fabulous, cost about £30 on offer so not sure what rrp is.

One thing I will say is these wands can be lethal...the clothes are fine for your hands but from experience you would need one that went to your elbow! No joke! I am pretty careful but when doing your own hair, especially the back, your arms twist and you then burn your wrist. I have many 'war wounds' from trying to curl my hair with a wand.

Wands do seem to give my hair a good, long lasting curl but sometimes I can't be bothered getting burn!

Are these new fangled contraptions anyway related to what we used to call curling tongs in the dark and distant past ?

I melted the bedroom carpet at least three times with them when I was a teenager !

Are these new fangled contraptions anyway related to what we used to call curling tongs in the dark and distant past ?

I melted the bedroom carpet at least three times with them when I was a teenager !

Corblimey - didn't we all? :D I had lino in my room and I melted that! :giggle:

Yogi Wand Sold out aaaaarrrgggggh!

Wow saw these Yogi Wands on QVc late last night and wow is all i can say, did you see the models hair? Before i could order one they had sold out! I wanted a funky zebra one, managed to find on google the makers own site. So have ordered one direct from the yogi people. cant wait to get it! hope the posties are not on strike again this week! I paid £59 btw.

What does everyone think??

shopaddict how much did you pay for yours please :?:

Jabba did you get a yogi hair wand in the end?
Would love to know what everyone else thinks - and interested to hear what the new mat is like! I might have to get one myself from their wesbite!!

sorry, I digress but can you buy the heat protective gloves / cloths separately?

I am going to try the Nicky Clarke model from Argos.- (thanks WS). I have a £10 gift voucher to use before the end of the month so will treat myself.

sorry, I digress but can you buy the heat protective gloves / cloths separately?

I am going to try the Nicky Clarke model from Argos.- (thanks WS). I have a £10 gift voucher to use before the end of the month so will treat myself.

You will not be disapointed, dollydimple. You will need to wash your hair to get rid of the curl. As a word of caution, please do not make the curl too tight, because you will end up with a perm (unless you want to).

You will not be disapointed, dollydimple. You will need to wash your hair to get rid of the curl. As a word of caution, please do not make the curl too tight, because you will end up with a perm (unless you want to).

:lol: no, don't want a perm but want some curl. :chuckle:

Do you need to use some heat protective spray when using tongs?

Last edited:

I followed WS' advice too, and got a pair of the Argos ones. I had a little play this afternoon and it seems not too difficult to use. I wanted it to give a little definition to my mad and unruly wavu hair, especially at the front, where my hair is weighed down by the fact that there's so much of it, and the tongs did the job nicely. Thanks WS!!!:wave2:

:lol: no, don't want a perm but want some curl. :chuckle:

Do you need to use some heat protective spray when using tongs?

I personally don't, as my hair is thick and does not seem to be affected adversely by the heat. However, the tongs can become very hot (controlled temp). If you think that your hair needs protection, please do use a heat protective spray.

Coming up on the Morning Show Kathy's had a play this morning.

:flower:

I see these are in hot picks today, tempted to byt the Nicky Clarke one for £17.59 at argos though:cash:

I got the Argos ones and they're nice zand easy to use. if you prefer the wand style, I was in boots last weeks and they had some half price (but can't remember what brand the were, sorry)

If you want your curls to last for days, even if you brush your hair regularly, please try Nicky Clarke Frizz Control Curling Tong at £17.59.

Cant thank you enough for recommending these hair tongs! Bought them last week and they are just wonderful. Never had curls before that last for 3 days. Everybody been asking what hairdressers did my hair,what a great bargin!!! :cool2:

Latest posts

Back