yankee smells for Christmas

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i am finding the fragances a little samey though.happy christmas,red apple wreath and christmas eve are very similar tbh.:thinking2:

I have just recieved an order from yankee candles,2 days from ordering to delivery-listening QVC? I got some happy Christmas,christmas wreath,christmas eve and beach walk (for now.) Like all of them. I also picked up one of their mega packs and got a huge range of stuff including another happy christmas :) There was a very pretty tart burner in their which I am using as a Christmas present and some jewelled votives that my dd will love in her stocking.

does anyone find that the tarts and large and medium jars are the best for fragrancing.
i cannot abide the votives as they dont fragrance the room much. for the money i woild rather buy tarts...

I have welcome Christmas and Christmas cupcake...both are lovely!

Have just had an email from Yankeedoodle with the new Festive fragrances on and here's hoping QVC get some of them for the TSV! The only thing that is putting me off at the mo is that I bought the Preview Kit of the Autumn Fragrances and they all smelt very similar and I know the Festive ones tend to as well. What's Welcome Christmas smell like?

does anyone find that the tarts and large and medium jars are the best for fragrancing.
i cannot abide the votives as they dont fragrance the room much. for the money i woild rather buy tarts...

I do although I like the votives to set on either side of my tart burner so that I can see a flame! x

yankee hour on now 4pm
does anyone know what silver bells or egg nog smell like please??
may be tempted to make a purchase....an investment obviously ladies....

silver bells smells like a pine/Christmas tree and I would think egg nog smells like Advocaat.

i've just rec'd christmas cookie - sweet, warm and delicious, mulling spices - not as strong as i expected but reminds me of hot mince pies and christmas spices, and, sparkling snow - cool, crisp and pine trees. :flower:

i did get them from yankee doodle though as their prices were much better than qvc, and their delivery is faster and cheaper! :clapping:

I got two sets of tarts a while ago for Xmas and they are all lovely ...egg nog is nice I think and my all time faves are jack frost,cinnamon stick,red apple wreath is lovely too,infact theres not a bad one in the set
I have a burner in the loft so I will use that this year and I also got tart burners earlier in the year from yankeedoodle too...nice gifts when you put a few tarts with it,I can keep some for me and put some with the burners

Last edited:
Just a heads up that Yankee Doodle have a special offer on for today (Wed) only.

The electric plug-ins + the re-fills are all reduced.

I too have bought a stash of Festive tarts from Yankeedoodle - have got the Preview set of new fragrances, a Jack Frost (could not do without this one) and have bought Red Berry and Cedar and Home for the Holidays from my local stockist. Have come home from work today to find a card through the door from Royal Mail. Even with a strike on I've received them quicker than folks are saying they are receiving goods from QVC.

Ou local Homestore and More have all Yankee candles at 50% discount for the month of November & they always have a huge selection including plug ins,car fresheners etc etc
The only thing I've never seen in there is the electric tart warmer.

I get my Yankee Candles from HomeStore and More too as they have the large jar candles selling at around £8 due to a seemingly permanent sale on them. The Christmas ones aren't on sale unfortunately but I bet they will be in Jan and then I will be first in the queue hehe.

Here's some thoughts on my purchases from yankee doodle (brilliant site btw, for the prices, freebies, and quick delivery.)

The good...

Autumn woods - Lovely fresh slightly masculine scent, not too heavy and a great one to burn any time. Not too much spice either which is good cos I'm not so fussed on the spices.

Christmas cookie - Yummy! Wanted to eat this one, sweet and creamy with the right balance of spices and again not too sickly or strong.

Red apple wreath - This was tea lights that came with snowman holders (present for someone) smelled much nicer than I anticipated, juicy and not too spicy. Will be buying a jar of this for myself next time.

Silver bells - Again tea lights in the set. Nice fresh and pine like scent. Not as strong as I'd expected. I would purchase for myself but wouldn't put it at the top of my list.

The not so good...

Holiday home for christmas - Got a medium jar of this to go with a shade for a xmas present. Didn't like this fragrance at all though. Very strong and heavily spiced, can imagine it making me feel sick. Hope the recipient won't feel the same! But she has a penchant for a mulled wine air freshener which I personally can't stand, so hopefully she won't mind this!

Fall festival - This jar came free and the colour is a nice burnt orangey brown shade. Smell however is very over bearing and far too much spice to appeal to me. Thankfully, bf is buying it off me to give to his landlady for xmas lol.

I get my Yankee Candles from HomeStore and More too as they have the large jar candles selling at around £8 due to a seemingly permanent sale on them. The Christmas ones aren't on sale unfortunately but I bet they will be in Jan and then I will be first in the queue hehe.

great price for a large jar candle :thinking2:

Went to my local YC shop today and had a really good sniff of the christmas scents, trouble was there were so many I can't remember which was which. They were all nice but think my fave was the christmas cookie.

Latest posts

Back