yankee smells for Christmas

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Daisy, can I be cheeky and ask that you PM me too as I'm not a VIP member and love swapping.

I thought the prices on QVC were too high as well, especially the set with the glass burner and 6 tarts, I think the burner was working out at about £11.00 when I know they can be about £8.00 tops in the shops then with their p&p on top!

Keep thinking on ladies though that there is a TSV coming up. I'm going to hang on in case they sell a large quantity of tarts at knock down prices! - if not I'll be tempted to order the newer fragrances from Yankee Doodle. Please keep your reviews of these coming.

My all time festive favourite though is Jack Frost. x

hi Val
my first ever yankee purchase was a Christmas shade and a large JF candle about 5 years ago
love JF its sooo Christmassy xx

Hi Queenie, if you go to the main forum page, the one that lists all the shopping channels.. Scroll down a little & you will see a link for VIP Membership.. It costs £6 as a one off payment & gives you access to different areas of the forum & other bits & pieces (like being able to have a little picture by your name) :sun:

Hi Queenie, if you go to the main forum page, the one that lists all the shopping channels.. Scroll down a little & you will see a link for VIP Membership.. It costs £6 as a one off payment & gives you access to different areas of the forum & other bits & pieces (like being able to have a little picture by your name) :sun:

thanks a lot x

loved reading your threads on yankee candles anather brand i would not have heard of if it wasnt for qvc.

down to my last inch of island spa and one tahitian tiare flower tart.

this has inspired me to buy a huge box of large candles to last me the winter.
bliss!:hi:

loved reading your threads on yankee candles anather brand i would not have heard of if it wasnt for qvc.

down to my last inch of island spa and one tahitian tiare flower tart.

this has inspired me to buy a huge box of large candles to last me the winter.
bliss!:hi:

me too boffy but I must admit I bought loads when I went to Florida in May,they were tons cheaper there
I was in heaven, aswell,they had a yankee outlet shop,my poor husband despairs of me when it comes to candles!:cheeky:
I had a sneaky peek yesterday at my stash,its rather embarrassing
if the Chritstmas tsv is candles then I will buy but I really dont want burners or anything

my fav xmas candle..christmas eve. burnt sugar and fruit with a hint of spice .love it....ahhh!::thinking2:

I got an email from YankeeDoodle saying that the Christmas previews will be coming soon. Will wait and see what the TSV is first but I'm betting it will be not what I want. x

you are so right Val you know I was thinking the same thing myself the tsv will be something I dont want:thinking2:
I would love some Christmas candles ,either medium ones or the tumblers
oh well ,we can only hope!!

Yankee Candles have just opened a shop in Chester. Smell before you buy and no P&P.

I saw this shop also when I was there in the Summer holidays. Unfortunately, at the time I was on a school trip with my daughter and her school mates so couldn't go in. Sad day for me and YC but The Diwa Experience was good fun and I'd recommend it.

Hi, just a little YC question.. Does the Christmas Eve Tart smell anything like Home Sweet Home, which I find a bit 'clovey'?.. Its just I want to try a Christmassy smell.. I already love the Gingerbread.. Thanks :tongue2:

Hi, just a little YC question.. Does the Christmas Eve Tart smell anything like Home Sweet Home, which I find a bit 'clovey'?.. Its just I want to try a Christmassy smell.. I already love the Gingerbread.. Thanks :tongue2:

I'd describe it is more rich and fruity than spicey if thats any help.

I'd describe it is more rich and fruity than spicey if thats any help.

Thanks so much for your quick reply Nikki.. Think I will give it a try, its easy to just keep buying the same few all the time.. Ive got to be more adventurous, lol :wave2:

Have just been having a read up on the newly released scents for this christmas and they sound awesome, just hope that some of these feature in the tsv 30/10/09. I especially like the sound of North Pole and Welcome Christmas, to name but a few.

Also, there is a limited edition of Sugared Plums, can't see qvc stocking that one but maybe Yankee Doodle will?

Would really like to see the tsv containing jars or tumblers, as I have loads of tart burners and votive holders from past christmas tsv's!:flower:

Last edited:
Have just been having a read up on the newly released scents for this christmas and they sound awesome, just hope that some of these feature in the tsv 30/10/09. I especially like the sound of North Pole and Welcome Christmas, to name but a few.

Also, there is a limited edition of Sugared Plums, can't see qvc stocking that one but maybe Yankee Doodle will?

Would really like to see the tsv containing jars or tumblers, as I have loads of tart burners and votive holders from past christmas tsv's!:flower:

I really like the sound of those Athena, especially the Sugared Plum! Will have a read up of these new Christmas smells.. Yes, think Yankee Doodle would have them.. I find QVC too expensive for YC.. Thanks a lot :sun:

I have a Christmas Eve Medium Jar and have just had a sniff for you. I'd say it smells very much like Sweet Strawberry with a little Vanilla mixed in.

i like buying yankee candles from qvc but find the way they sell them a bit off putting. i went online and bough a beautifull tart burner:spring flowers,10 tarts (you get one free with each burner) and 2 large candles for under £50 with free postage. and next day delivery by upps which is a bonus now as the postal strike looks set to continue.

considering a lot of the tsv's are around £45.00 plus p&p i think this is better value than shopping at qvc.

whats even more damming pricewise is this candle company are not really offering much in the way of discounts and i still think this is a better deal.
will still watch the tsv....just in case :devil:

I have a Christmas Eve Medium Jar and have just had a sniff for you. I'd say it smells very much like Sweet Strawberry with a little Vanilla mixed in.

Thanks for having a sniff for me Val :wave2:

just got my box of yankee goodies. ordered 7.45 tues eve. arrived 2.00pm thursday.
orchard pear is suprisingly lovely in the tart.quite floral in a funny way like a really lovely ripe pear.
red apple wreath is a lot spicier than i anticipated and i really like happy christmas similar to christ mas eve but a llittle more sharp/acid
cinnamon sugar is very much like spiced pumpkin.
eggnog smells just like a rich creamy egg custard with heaps of nutmeg.
12 tarts,2 large candles and a really gorgeous tart burner. very pleased.:hi:

Latest posts

Back