Yankee Candles TSV - 30/10/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ooops, thought you'd gone up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire, Loveheart. :cheeky:

I was on my way but then I started watching Yankee Candles but had to turn over because the woman was getting on my nerves so I turned over to Jonathan Ross and Dominic Cooper was on and I thought I would watch a bit, so I am still here on the lappy.

Michaela the YC woman is one of my pet hates, I'm afraid. I think it's the way she says "fragrance" over and over again. And I'm a big fan of Jonathan Ross so it's no contest really.

Michaela the YC woman is one of my pet hates, I'm afraid. I think it's the way she says "fragrance" over and over again. And I'm a big fan of Jonathan Ross so it's no contest really.

I thought she was horrible to little Anthony, she kept contradicting him when he said what he thought of the smells. Off to bed now. Night night.:sleepy::sleepy:

She doesn't seem to have a sense of humour at all - she doesn't know how to take Anthony or Julian.

tsv did not sell out not suprised tbh really boring. no large jars and i dont do those sampler things.
a bit too similar to last years tsv.
wonder what the next one will be....
yankee know what sells they seem like a company that like to offload stuff.
more tumber kits. these always sell out.

I thought she was horrible to little Anthony, she kept contradicting him when he said what he thought of the smells. Off to bed now. Night night.:sleepy::sleepy:

she's a right bossy boots
she got on my nerves when she couldnt pronounce something on the tsv launch and he corrected her!!!!
mulling spices was mooling,he told her to stop trying to be posh!!!!!!!!:cheeky:

I kept watching those hours in the hope that they would have something wonderful but no! Same old same old and since it seemed that every collection had the fragrance Christmas Eve in it my money was safe as I have a medium jar of this fragrance left unburnt from last year.

Did however pay a visit to my local YC stockist who unfortunately do have limited supplies however have today smelt (and bought - well it seemed rude to just wander in, sniff at the stuff and leave!) Red Berry and Cedar and Home For the Holidays which featured yesterday on QVC. They are lovely. The only new fragrance that my shop had was the Christmas Cupcake which smelt gorgeous. I have also put in an order with Yankeedoodle for the preview set of tarts. Can't see the next TSV being a winner unless they've actually read on here that most of us would have just preferred the candle element of this one.

Here is the result of my trip to Boundary Mill in Walsall today. The YC dept seems smaller this year but they still had a fair choice. No Balsam and Cedar so I had to find something else Christmassy that I liked - v difficult - I think the Silver Bells and another of the green ones smell of wee :giggle: So I settled for Jack Frost - which reminds me of Kendal Mint Cake. I wanted a small jar to go with the lid and tray I bought last Xmas so I got Mandarin and Cranberry which smells festive enough.

They had a limited range of Xmas accessories but there were some nice ceramics with Xmas trees on and some painted glass ones in red and green designs. I didn't buy any of these as there's only so much Xmas stuff you can store in the loft. I needed some votive holders so I bought a couple of clear, crackle glass ones - I thought these looked suitably icy for winter but will still look nice in the Summer with the sun shining on them. I often buy the sampler candles because I get bored with the jars, except for Grannie Smith in the kitchen - I'll have to order from Yankee Doodle for that one.

Apart from the Xmassy ones, there were loads of Baby Powder (yuk) and Clean Cotton :clapping: Phew, I think that's about it.

Here is the result of my trip to Boundary Mill in Walsall today. The YC dept seems smaller this year but they still had a fair choice. No Balsam and Cedar so I had to find something else Christmassy that I liked - v difficult - I think the Silver Bells and another of the green ones smell of wee :giggle: So I settled for Jack Frost - which reminds me of Kendal Mint Cake. I wanted a small jar to go with the lid and tray I bought last Xmas so I got Mandarin and Cranberry which smells festive enough.

They had a limited range of Xmas accessories but there were some nice ceramics with Xmas trees on and some painted glass ones in red and green designs. I didn't buy any of these as there's only so much Xmas stuff you can store in the loft. I needed some votive holders so I bought a couple of clear, crackle glass ones - I thought these looked suitably icy for winter but will still look nice in the Summer with the sun shining on them. I often buy the sampler candles because I get bored with the jars, except for Grannie Smith in the kitchen - I'll have to order from Yankee Doodle for that one.

Apart from the Xmassy ones, there were loads of Baby Powder (yuk) and Clean Cotton :clapping: Phew, I think that's about it.

You have to remember though that Boundary Mills are outlets and hence don't have the newest fragrances. Plus, it may be a little soon for the Xmas stock - when I called into our local shop they said they were getting more Christmas stuff out this week. I was actually amazed that my shop did not have any Jack Frost but then last year I bought a load in the Jan sales from them. Love JF - it's my favourite. x

Yes, VALM, that's always the case with outlets, isn't it - you just hope you're lucky on the day? I don't live too far from Walsall, though and I'm sure I'll be back there a couple of times before Xmas. I bought a Cranberry Chutney tart and I'm hoping to get a small jar of that - they only had the large jar left. I really like the Jack Frost - very refreshing.

Latest posts

Back