Yankee Candles TSV - 30/10/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cheers SCW :up2:

Not sure why they've followed on from last year's decorative tealight holder with another similar one, albeit in a different style. I don't have 20 reception/dining rooms where I'd need or put another one. Nice scent choice though but shall be f.a.r.t.ing this one out. Will have to do with a sneaky Yankeedoodle order :54:

Same goes for me bluegirl. I bought a Christmas tart burner in the Jan sales and really only wanted tarts to burn in it. On top of this we have been doing a final clear out of my FIL's house and yesterday came across a lovely wreath with tea light holders in it. Have found that a Medium YC will sit snugly in the middle and that means that I already have two lots of YC fragrances on the go in one room as it is (with these two ornaments). But then again I'm gonna need more tealights and those fragrances do look lovely.

Think I'll just hold on until I can get a sniff of all the new fragrances and then order from Yankeedoodle or buy from my nearest shop. x

Have just been having a nosey at Yankeedoodle and like for like (although they don't sell this particular tart burner on there - maybe a QVC exclusive?) this TSV would cost just under £60.00 not counting the P&p of course. Any guesses as to what the TSV price will be?

I was just about to write,I don't want it.I have two outlets near me that are roughly the same price as qvc but of course I'm paying stupid postage prices :) I also don't like to buy on qvc because its a lot of postage if you don't like the smell when they arrive.

I've always mananged to resist their previous christmas tsv's on this basis - but i really like this one.Do we think it will be the obligatory £40 plus p&p mark or more?

I like the look of this one too. Bought the TSV last year and its lovely but now I want this one as well. Help! Am supposed to be on an economy drive but I really, really want this!! F.A.R.Ts may be required!!

I was just about to write,I don't want it.I have two outlets near me that are roughly the same price as qvc but of course I'm paying stupid postage prices :) I also don't like to buy on qvc because its a lot of postage if you don't like the smell when they arrive.

I've always mananged to resist their previous christmas tsv's on this basis - but i really like this one.Do we think it will be the obligatory £40 plus p&p mark or more?

The candles / tarts would total about £28 RRP. The last snowman tart burner was £27.72 with 4 tarts - the one with the 4 snowman carol singers which I actually prefer! And that was a double tart burner so you'd expect it to be more. I reckon TSV may come out around £32.

I am going to f.a.r.t. on this one too,as there looks like there is another tsv in Nov,I just want some Christmas candles this time,I have a nice shade to use
Christmas tarts would be nice too as I have a Christmas tart warmer in the loft
Loveheart will be proud of me !! :angel:

cant wait for christmas now and all the lovely yankee candle tarts and candles i will be burning!

will be good if we get a nice tsv for xmas though i bought the one two years ago and use it all the time (the burner that is) and discovered some lovely tarts and gave away some of the samplers. it was good all round.....gifts,a candle that lasted two christmasses and some votive holders and tart burner to keep.

I am so excited now, love my candles. Must admit, have never used a tart or tart burner yet, am a bit unsure as to what to do with one, smiles.

I did get the new Christmas sampler set from Yankee Doodle last week, but have not tried any of them yet, trying to keep for Christmas. I also got a very nice mulling spices candle which smells lovely, ideal for the winter months.

I look forward to the TSV, and many thanks for letting me know about it.

Katie

Hi,

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what this TSV actually is. My computer cannot read pictures with speech, and the link says sorry product currently unavailable, so I have no ideas what this is

It's a tart burner with tarts.. tea lights and candle samplers :) ... as for the tarts/// they're easy... just put a tart in a tart warmer and place tealight underneath .. in my opinion they give a stronger fragrance :rock:

call the midwife

Hi,

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what this TSV actually is. My computer cannot read pictures with speech, and the link says sorry product currently unavailable, so I have no ideas what this is

It's a tart burner with tarts.. tea lights and candle samplers :) ... as for the tarts/// they're easy... just put a tart in a tart warmer and place tealight underneath .. in my opinion they give a stronger fragrance :rock:

Oh many thanks.

I will certainly consider this, smiles.

Katie

Me too - I have soo many candles from Yankeedoodle that hubby keeps asking where we can store them all (still have a box of 4 large jars under the kitchen table which I havent unpacked!!) But I will still buy more from them as they are much better value and they do better deals - I got 3 large jars of my choice for £35 last month - and the fragrance of the month is always a good deal. Way cheaper than qvc and less postage.

OK, I am dithering about this TSV because I love the sound of the fragrances in there however I have totted up on Yankeedoodle how much it would cost me for those items from the TSV that I fancy and it would cost me £14.00 - that's for 6 tarts (the preview pack at £5.00), 2 x boxes of tealights (going for two from the Fragrance of the month they will cost £9.00 in total). Add to this that I'm going to need some more unscented tealights and because I love Jack Frost I'd have to treat myself to something in that fragrance - even by adding a small jar to my order with Yankeedoodle the total only comes to £26.48. I even get a free votive with that as well. I'm guessing that the TSV is gonna cost more than this plus the usual £5.00 p&p so I shouldn't be dithering??

Does anyone know of a site that sells Yankee Candles and gives a description of the fragrances contained in each candle. Was just thinking that if I'm going to be burning scented tealights with a Medium Christmas Eve candle which would go best? x

I don't need it, have lots of others similar, but am sorely sorely tempted (and WANT IT!) Someone F.A.R.T. on me........! Where are you, Love A'Kin? Help me

hi Val
I am sure someone on here can help with yankee smells but I do agree that yankee doodle is miles better value than QVC for candles
I got a megapack the other week which was a bargain and it had lots of little things in for stocking fillers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back