Yankee Candles TSV 15/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

just checked-out Wax Addicts.... deep joy, tomorrows drop doesn't appeal at all, but I love all 3 of the 2nd delivery!
This is going to cause me stress....... buy.... not buy....... aaagghhh! lol

Where do you live, Frenchie? I'm the opposite, love 2 out of the 3 of the first drop but don't want any of the second drop! I'm sure others feel the same and we could maybe organise a split purchase ;)

Great, so £46 inc P&P. Bye bye Yankee treat, hello slightly more space in the house. Mind you, there's still nearly 36 hours to get through.

Great, so £46 inc P&P. Bye bye Yankee treat, hello slightly more space in the house. Mind you, there's still nearly 36 hours to get through.

Seriously impressed at your willpower, mine has flagged big time but what's putting me off is the Cafe Al Fresco one as I really do not like cinnamon or coffee smells, yeuch - given that you can usually get new arrivals discounted online elsewhere, I may hold fire and just buy the two I want later in the year instead of being stuck with one I don't like...ooh hark at me, I'm being all mature!

Seriously impressed at your willpower, mine has flagged big time but what's putting me off is the Cafe Al Fresco one as I really do not like cinnamon or coffee smells, yeuch - given that you can usually get new arrivals discounted online elsewhere, I may hold fire and just buy the two I want later in the year instead of being stuck with one I don't like...ooh hark at me, I'm being all mature!

these are US ones & i dont think they are coming over here but if they do they will be £22-£24 or more each even if they are a special appearence as most places i know aint allowed to sell special appearences much below RRP

these are US ones & i dont think they are coming over here but if they do they will be £22-£24 or more each even if they are a special appearence as most places i know aint allowed to sell special appearences much below RRP

Have a look at these beauties, SCW ;)

I'm going to be brave and hold out as even if I have to pay full price, it'll be the same price of thereabouts as the TSV, I just don't want to be stuck with the Cafe Al Fresco

https://www.candlesdirect.com/yankee-candle/limited-edition/special-appearances

Dont forget to check out Temptation Gifts. They are holding down Yankee prices at the moment so there are some good deals and its free delivery if you spend £50. Don't think they will have these but have loads of others you might be interested in.

It has to end somewhere in my case, Tarketta. I've had over two years of gay abandon! I am still scared to watch a show tomorrow. I've already spotted a Cherries on Snow duo in Last Clicks and it seems to know my name because it keeps calling out to me! Fortunately, being QVC, it's not a massive discount but even so ...

Like you, I'm not crazy about cinnamon type smells but I like some purer coffee ones. The CAF candle has definitely helped deter me. You shouldn't feel bad buying the TSV if you fancy it. Besides, I need people to buy so I can enjoy their descriptions and reviews when they arrive. I still like that.

Being new to this I find the enormous choice of smells quite bewildering & don't know what to choose when I look on these sites you recommend.
Wondered if you'd reveal which would be your, say five, most favourite ones that you have bought.

Some of those look lovely. Has anyone tried any of them?
Lots of these have been in trios on Q, some as TSV ADs IIRC. Luscious Plum and Nutcracker were in a trio with Wintergreen and were smashing. Chocolate apple, berry jam and peppermint martini are not ones I have ever sniffed, but the other fresh and florals there were fine I think. Not sure if I got candied pecans but hopefully if I did I can burn it with something to tone down the foodiness!

I also use Temptation Gifts if I am buying a whole load of tarts and tealights or candles to take it over £50 because then you know when it will arrive.

Breeze, the trouble with having a favourite YC is THEY DISCONTINUE IT!!!!!

:mysmilie_59:

Being new to this I find the enormous choice of smells quite bewildering & don't know what to choose when I look on these sites you recommend.
Wondered if you'd reveal which would be your, say five, most favourite ones that you have bought.

Bewildering is the word, Breeze! I remember that feeling but I just loved, loved, loved trying them out so I'm quite excited for you. I still do enjoy trying new ones and I've found my tastes have changed quite a bit. I used to hate florals but now really like some of the soft, sweet ones like Peony. Conversely, I was crazy about foodie smells but have gone off many of those - I still like the smells per se but don't really want my living room to smell of them unless it's a cosy night in, if you can understand that, just as I wouldn't want a perfume to smell like Banana Nut Bread. The likes of Peony smell more like a living space should to my mind. I like anything cherry and some other fruity ones though.

We could all tell you our favourites but it might confuse you more because it's so, so subjective. Since you ask, though, I really like:

Black Cherry (the first jar I ever owned)
A Child's Wish (though not strong enough for my tastes)
Peony
Sea Salt & Sage
Tarte Tatin and Pain Au Raisin are my guilty foodie pleasures (despite what I said above!)

Enjoy getting out to shops and trying them - great fun!

It has to end somewhere in my case, Tarketta. I've had over two years of gay abandon! I am still scared to watch a show tomorrow. I've already spotted a Cherries on Snow duo in Last Clicks and it seems to know my name because it keeps calling out to me! Fortunately, being QVC, it's not a massive discount but even so ...

Like you, I'm not crazy about cinnamon type smells but I like some purer coffee ones. The CAF candle has definitely helped deter me. You shouldn't feel bad buying the TSV if you fancy it. Besides, I need people to buy so I can enjoy their descriptions and reviews when they arrive. I still like that.

I know exactly what you mean, the crazy shopper is still there within me, liable to break free at any moment and my willpower is especially weak when it comes to candles/toiletries/makeup, so the next few days will be trying. Re YC TSVs, I've been lucky so far as I've not received any smells I didn't like and it could be I'll like CAF but I just don't think I will and it will end up being a lame gift for someone. SCW is right though as it could be the other two aren't released in the UK and then I really will kick myself!

I'm going to wait and watch the presentation tomorrow and make up my mind then - lawks-a-mussy, anyone would think I was making a life-changing decision with the amount of thought I'm putting into this, sheesh!

P.S. I love Cherries on Snow and bought the duo with Black Cherry before Xmas, such gorgeous smells.

Breeze, good question to ask as you'll get so many different answers - lots of inspiration ;) (although as noted by Mazza, most of the best-loved get discontinued, humph):

So my all-time faves are (technically 7, but there are two tied for fave Xmas smells and I couldn't whittle it down to 5):

Lavender Vanilla (very soft lavender)
Cottage Breeze (salty ozone)
Red Berry & Cedar (fruity, piney Xmas scent) or North Pole (cool, minty gorgeousness)
Evening Air (soft, musky, ozone but spicy)
Pomegranate Fruit (rich, juicy, luscious)
Sunwashed linen (genuinely smells just like rolling around in some freshly washed cotton sheets you've just brought in from the line on a hot summer's day)

I like most smells, but there are a few I absolutely loathe namely most cinnamon-based scents, coffee or chocolate (smell sickly to me) - anything else, bring it on!

Breeze, good question to ask as you'll get so many different answers - lots of inspiration ;) (although as noted by Mazza, most of the best-loved get discontinued, humph):

So my all-time faves are (technically 7, but there are two tied for fave Xmas smells and I couldn't whittle it down to 5):

Lavender Vanilla (very soft lavender)
Cottage Breeze (salty ozone)
Red Berry & Cedar (fruity, piney Xmas scent) or North Pole (cool, minty gorgeousness)
Evening Air (soft, musky, ozone but spicy)
Pomegranate Fruit (rich, juicy, luscious)
Sunwashed linen (genuinely smells just like rolling around in some freshly washed cotton sheets you've just brought in from the line on a hot summer's day)

I like most smells, but there are a few I absolutely loathe namely most cinnamon-based scents, coffee or chocolate (smell sickly to me) - anything else, bring it on!

Interesting list, Tarketta. I had forgotten about a new favourite of mine there, Red Berry & Cedar. Surprisingly, considering the number of jars I have, I've never tried any of the others! I reckon I'd like at least half of them too, though.

Interesting list, Tarketta. I had forgotten about a new favourite of mine there, Red Berry & Cedar. Surprisingly, considering the number of jars I have, I've never tried any of the others! I reckon I'd like at least half of them too, though.

Distressingly, all of them have been discontinued, albeit a few have been brought back as special editions but if you get a chance to get your paws on any of the others, I reckon you'll love them - I got my mitts on most of them through trips to the US and purchases from the original iteration of Yankee Doodle.

I'm absolutely with you on Black Cherry and also love Sea Salt & Sage - YC used to do this divine candle in their Relax range, Lotus Flower and Sea Salt...of course it got discontinued! Plus I love any foodie/vanilla smells (as long as they're missing cinnamon/coffee/chocolate!)

Oh I'm an addict, good and proper, sigh.

I love the sound of Lavender Vanilla, Cottage Breeze & Sunwashed Linen, thank you for the clear descriptions.
Some of the names give you no clue, what on earth is the smell of a Child's Wish for instance?

I really like clean, fresh smells & true garden flower smells, or green ones. Not really keen on heavy, heady scents or not sure if food ones in a setting that isn't the kitchen. Suppose it's a bit like perfume preferences, I can't take really heavy oriental perfumes.

Distressingly, all of them have been discontinued, albeit a few have been brought back as special editions but if you get a chance to get your paws on any of the others, I reckon you'll love them - I got my mitts on most of them through trips to the US and purchases from the original iteration of Yankee Doodle.

I'm absolutely with you on Black Cherry and also love Sea Salt & Sage - YC used to do this divine candle in their Relax range, Lotus Flower and Sea Salt...of course it got discontinued! Plus I love any foodie/vanilla smells (as long as they're missing cinnamon/coffee/chocolate!)

Oh I'm an addict, good and proper, sigh.

How long did you say you had been trying and buying Yankees? You have a good knowledge.

I love the sound of Lavender Vanilla, Cottage Breeze & Sunwashed Linen, thank you for the clear descriptions.
Some of the names give you no clue, what on earth is the smell of a Child's Wish for instance?

I really like clean, fresh smells & true garden flower smells, or green ones. Not really keen on heavy, heady scents or not sure if food ones in a setting that isn't the kitchen. Suppose it's a bit like perfume preferences, I can't take really heavy oriental perfumes.

So true! What would a child's wish smell like! I would describe it as kind of sweet and floral/green/grassy without smelling particularly like cut grass.

I think waxaddicts.co.uk was mentioned earlier in this thread and I would definitely recommend that for descriptions of a vast catalogue of past Yankees (they sometimes take a little while to update with newer ones, which is understandable as it must be hard to keep up!). In the blue bar at the top of the home page, look under Yankee Candle Scent List and they are there in alphabetical order.

I see the two Cherries on Snow have gone. If it was someone on here, thank you for putting me out of my agony!

Latest posts

Back