Yankee Candles TSV 14/7/08

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

eurk! don;t want/need any centerpiece - glad I went for the Yankee Doodle Megapack now (which is already on it's way with free delivery ) ;)

Anyone's Mega pack arrived yet?

Parcel Force's website says it was out for delivery at 5.55 this morning so I am obviously right at the end of the delivery round as I could get to the depot in 40 minutes!

I received an email from Yankee this morning as I missed out on the other Megapack offer and they are offering it exclusively to people who missed out until midnight tonite. Didn't need anymore but as I missed out on the last one had to have it :D

LOL Lizzie.

My sentiments entirely.

I just wish mine would hurry up and arrive to see if it is worth ordering another. They said that there would be enough packs for all who had shown interest and I am sure that there will be plenty who will have changed their minds so it is another late night!!!!

Anyone's Mega pack arrived yet?

Parcel Force's website says it was out for delivery at 5.55 this morning so I am obviously right at the end of the delivery round as I could get to the depot in 40 minutes!

Yep - got it at 0935 this morning :D

Loads of sampler holders (14 all together!) most of which I won't use. Nice, wide, orange, tart burner & pretty red/glittery plate to go with a hollyberry jar. Good mix of sampler candles (one pack of blues, one of red/greens) & the tarts are midsummer night, sugar cane & vanilla, mango salsa & Christmas. All the the rest of the stuff was named in the email I think

WIth the fast delivery (which was free cos I topped my order up to £50) I think QVC have lost my Yankee Candle money now !

Last edited:
No Megapacks coming to me, they just sent me the Christmas bundle offer.:( I stayed late last night to see whether they'll get anything on their website, but nothing so far.

I'm so curious to know, what's in the Megapack (number 1 and number 2)? :D

Hi Belle,

Mine was exactly the same as yours. Most of the sampler holders will be used in the garden with citronella lights in them as I have much prettier ones.

The star of the show is the three wick Fresh Picked Roses candle. I don't have a tart burner so having it with some tarts to burn will be a whole new experience. LOL

The gift pack of two small jars may - or may not - be given as a gift! Two of my favourites candles in it - Sunwashed Linen and Fresh Cut Roses.

The small Happy Christmas jar will go wherever I will be on Christmas day!

I could have lived without the votives but not a bad selection for the price.

had an email from QVC this evening & it says (re the yankee TSV)

"....Also, check out our Today's Special Value on the day for a wonderful, candle-lit centrepiece, which will look great in any room."

A large jar, shade & base?

:confused::confused::confused:

Could be, or it could be a candle, bowl and potporri set?

the Megapack sounds great can't wait for mine to arrive now, will definataly been keeping some of it for gifts :D

Should there be any Maga Packs left, they will be for sale at midnight.

I have tried a tart burner for the first time this evening and have Midsummer Night burning. Folks have said before that the best perfume comes from tarts and I have to say that this is absolutely true. The perfume is wonderful and I would certainly buy this fragrance again.

Having said that, Yankee is probably retiring it!

I like tarts, but I like the housewarmers too, as I like to see the flame of the candle, it creates a nice and cosy atmosphere.....
I prefer a burner in the corridor or upstairs, but always have candles in the living room
I will not go for the megapack as I do not need perfumed tealights or tumblers

Hi Tia,

I also like the Housewarmers, mostly because I think they are much better value for money.

Do you use them with a shade? I gather the candles last longer with a shade. Is that right?

I would like to buy a shade but the styles seem to be a bit too kitch for my taste. I keep wiating for Yankee to produce something a lot more elegant, stylish and sophistcated.

I am not holding my breath!

Hi Tia,

I also like the Housewarmers, mostly because I think they are much better value for money.

Do you use them with a shade? I gather the candles last longer with a shade. Is that right?

I would like to buy a shade but the styles seem to be a bit too kitch for my taste. I keep wiating for Yankee to produce something a lot more elegant, stylish and sophistcated.

I am not holding my breath!

Hi Tilly
I have a glass see through shade, they are lovely, as you can see the flame burning away. I must admit that many of their ceramics are quite OTT and kitschy... Here are a few glass shades, also Yankeedoodle have a collection
http://just-candles.net/SearchResults.asp?Search=glass+shade
I prefer the medium jars, as they look cute with the shade and plate.

I also have an illuma-lid, which keeps the flame burning evenly. I mainly usetThe illuma-lid on the large jars, as using a shade on a large jar looks a bit strange IMO

Morning Tia,

Thanks for the advice. I will have a look at the link. I am gald I am not the only one who thinks the shades are mostly too kitch and 'home on the range'.

The Mega pack is still available on Yankeedoodle for those who wanted to look at it.

:hellocat:

Wondered if anyone had had any luck finding out what the YC TSV is going to be on Monday.

Thanks

T x
:Aflower1:

I do hope it is something to do with French Vanilla as its my Fav scent but it prob wont be as they hardly do any of it on QVC.

my mum just loves clean cotton to, but the plug in to it is very over powering.

Latest posts

Back