Yankee Candles - TSV - 13/03/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is it just me? The last 2 jars I have burnt haven't melted across the top-despite me leaving them at least 3 hours on first burn etc-and have burnt a tunnel down the centre. Which of course means they don't last as long. I am starting to think I can only use the tarts as I am trowing jars away with loads of unburnt wax in :(

I recycle my candles - I put the the jars in the freezer for 10 minutes so the leftover wax can be easily removed, and then I snap wax into small pieces and put them into the tart burner. It works for me and it saves me money instead of buying new tarts which are 95p.

I love Yankee candles but I always think the TSV's are a bit naff to be honest.
Clearly they are popular as it has sold out,but I am always disappointed with their choices for Tsv.
The hideous fire guard thing.
The falling down christmas tree.

I would just like some jars in a choice of fragrance..and new fragrances not the old ones.
Qvc never seem to get the new jars until about 18 months after they have been released!
I always get the feeling QVC get old stock.

Holy carp!! Didn't know about plugins starting fires!! I used to leave mine in all the time!! Will defo be turning them off and probably won't even buy them anymore!!

Why does Jilly keep saying that the value of this TSV is about £65 and we are getting it for waaay under half price? £38.64 was not half of £65 when I went to school. She said this in the preview before midnight and again since the launch. I do hate porkies...rant over!

She really annoyed me by saying that before midnight because i waited expecting the price to be about £30 but it wasnt so I thought I would wait and make my mind up because the more I thought about it the more I thought its not that great a bargain and although I like french vanilla its not one of my favourites so thought I will wait till I get home to decide.
Have just come home and heard it has sold out so never mind hopefully there will be some decent OTO's

I didn't go for it in the end - have been thinking about it all day - just got in from work and it is sold out. It was too many piddley little bits and pieces. Why don't we just get some decent large jar candles???? I don't like the tumblers as I like to use the jars with my shades and plates. Also I have loads of the plug in's (thanks Yaz) and the little samplers don't do much for me either. I hope for some good OTO's later - or else I will buy a few large jars on Yankeedoodle later - you can get 3 for £44.00 - which is about the same as the tsv and with a couple of little bits to make over £50 can get free delivery, also with free gifts and they will be here next day or so. Unlike the £6 ten day delivery from qvc.

I priced up the TSV on www.scentedcandleshop.com and it came to £53.11 without the 2 votive holders, could have been a bit cheaper depending on which fragrance tumblers you bought and obviously you have the advantage that you can choose your own fragrances and are not restricted to French Vanilla and Fresh Cut Roses and also they were offering next day delivery

I recycle my candles - I put the the jars in the freezer for 10 minutes so the leftover wax can be easily removed, and then I snap wax into small pieces and put them into the tart burner. It works for me and it saves me money instead of buying new tarts which are 95p.

I do the same, except I add boiling water to the jars (they don't break) and leave the water to cool. The wax melts and then floats to the top. When the water is cool, I just take the melted wax out of the jar which normally comes out in one piece. I then use them in the tart burner. I also make my own candles from time to time and will sometimes add one of these "tarts" to the melted wax. Waste not want not! :)

anybody had the peeee-ony scent before? Is it nice?

My mum has this scent, it is sweet and very nice smelling, abit like Fresh cut roses but abit sweeter and lighter.

My mum and I went in together to buy the TSV, I cannot wait for it to arrive.

Latest posts

Back