Yankee Candles - TSV - 13/03/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the tumblers retail at 8.99 each or thereabouts
the home fragrance sets are around 11.00 pounds each and you get two in the tsv
then you get the samplers x 4 and 2 glass holders,samplers 2.00 each,not sure about the glass holders
and the air fresheners,are they about 2.50 each??
sounds ok to me but you can bet the postage will be at least 6 quid!!

Have to admit, I usually do my Yankee shopping at Boundary Mill. Bought 2 tumblers yesterday for £6.24 and small jars for £5.10. Loved the last TSV, though, the 8 tumblers, great value!

Have to admit, I usually do my Yankee shopping at Boundary Mill. Bought 2 tumblers yesterday for £6.24 and small jars for £5.10. Loved the last TSV, though, the 8 tumblers, great value!

yes I got that too and thought it was great value
am burning the greenhouse at the moment,my husband commented last night he liked it and he has never made a comment before about any of the candles I have burnt so thats good,he laughs at my yankee candle obsession!!
I think I will go for the TSV and give some of the bits away as gifts
prefer the fresh cut roses to the french vanilla too

Its Yankee candles - will I buy - silly question. Me and Yaz will be on phone at midnight?????:r11:

I hope it's full of the new fragrances which are mostly floral. I am burning the Cherry Blossom tart at the moment and whilst I didn't like it at first (thought it smelt like the old type rose fragrance) it has grown on me. Don't like the smell of the Lavender Vanilla or the Dunegrass though. x

I know I'm in a minority in humanity it seems, but I don't actually like the smell of lavender at all.

I think I can resist. I like French Vanilla but not Roses, although I could save that for pressies. Here I go, talking myself into it... But Boundary Mill is much better value usually. Wonder if there'll be any OTOs?

£38.64. It was showing as £46 something when I last saw it, so I think that may be the tsv price. Is it good value?

The plug in kits are £12.52 each on QVC without postage so thats £25 for a start and then 2 tumbers would be £18 so theres £43 which will probably be about the price with P&P so the rest is a bonus.

The samplers are £1.60 each, not sure about the other stuff

Yankee Candle French Vanilla & Fresh Cut Roses Home Fragrancing Collection
Today's Special Value Price £38.64
QVC Price £46.75
Item Number 758291
Availability In stock
UK P&P £5.95
Bring the scent of spring to your home and car with this Yankee Candle collection. Evoke memories of sunny country gardens filled with English roses with the Fresh Cut Rose fragrance, and create an oasis of tranquillity with calming French Vanilla. You can fragrance your home with the four sampler candles (fresh-cut roses), two 10oz tumbler candles (French vanilla and fresh-cut roses) and the two electronic plug-ins and refills. Plus, now you can enjoy Yankee Candle fragrance in your car with the three refreshing car gels. Two sample holders included.

Yankee Candle French Vanilla & Fresh Cut Roses Home Fragrancing Collection
Today's Special Value Price £38.64
QVC Price £46.75
Item Number 758291
Availability In stock
UK P&P £5.95
Bring the scent of spring to your home and car with this Yankee Candle collection. Evoke memories of sunny country gardens filled with English roses with the Fresh Cut Rose fragrance, and create an oasis of tranquillity with calming French Vanilla. You can fragrance your home with the four sampler candles (fresh-cut roses), two 10oz tumbler candles (French vanilla and fresh-cut roses) and the two electronic plug-ins and refills. Plus, now you can enjoy Yankee Candle fragrance in your car with the three refreshing car gels. Two sample holders included.

Hi Sazza ! thanks x am up waiting patiently before I go to bed!! how sad am I??

Why does Jilly keep saying that the value of this TSV is about £65 and we are getting it for waaay under half price? £38.64 was not half of £65 when I went to school. She said this in the preview before midnight and again since the launch. I do hate porkies...rant over!

I won't be buying I don't like either fragrance it seems a really boring tsv not like the last one which was really great. I always worry about those plugs ins too not a fan of them either.

Not for me either. I don't mind either fragrance, but I bought a very bargainous Fresh Cut Roses dual wick tumbler with another fragrance from Yankee a few weeks ago.

And I will NEVER use those plug in things. When I used to work in an office, we had a talk from the fire brigade once, and the fire officer gave a long speech about how dangerous they were and how many fires he had seen started by them (pointed out that warming a liquid directly over a plug socket is never a good idea!!).

Can't decide whether to get this and split it for mother's day pressies, and maybe keep the car gels?

Can't decide whether to get this and split it for mother's day pressies, and maybe keep the car gels?

thats what I will do,my mother in law will get a tumbler and then I will put some nice chocs with it and my mum will like the plug in and refills with chocs aswell

And I will NEVER use those plug in things. When I used to work in an office, we had a talk from the fire brigade once, and the fire officer gave a long speech about how dangerous they were and how many fires he had seen started by them (pointed out that warming a liquid directly over a plug socket is never a good idea!!).

Yes I have heard various rumours of this. Think their might have been a lawsuit in USA bought against Glade that was settled out of court.

Regardless of that there are plenty of long term health concerns about plug ins too. Suggestion also that they aggravate asthma so you may wish to read up first if you or family sufferers. We all choose to balance risks against benefits so I'm not preaching. Just so you can make an informed choice about keeping your home sweet smelling if you didn't know :)

Thank you Birdie and qvcAddict for the info about the possible problems with the pug-ins.
I've done the sensible thing for a change and decided to sleep on the decision to buy this TSV.It sounds like 3/4 of the day's stock has gone so I'll look out for the later OTOs or save more money towards Silver Day as I have a birthday coming soon and fancy a nice treat!

Latest posts

Back