Yankee Candle TSV 21/11/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine melts the whole tart to liquid, but I am using Her Ladyship's superior soy tarts and not the YC ones - don't know if that makes a difference, but I think th esoy ones melt more easily?

I have mine burning with the same tart since it arrived on wednesday, it has been burning from 9am till 11pm but I have noticed that only the wax in the middle melts the outside melts then solidifies after a few hrs, but it never melts again, not like the cream one that I have, that seems to be a different shape and melts all the tart, so I think I will try and just use a half tart next time, someone on here said thats what they do.Has anyone else noticed if theirs only melts in the inside?

I have only used half a tart at a time since I got mine Rosylee, which is what Daisy suggested & she knows more about tart burners than I do......which isn't saying much as I know absolutely nuffink about them! lol
But I digress......

I have a reasonable size living room (30 foot or so I s'pose?) & half a tart is quite sufficient! I like to choose a new 'flavour' & put it on about 4-5pm or so & it keeps the whole house smelling lovely until we go to bed at gone midnight, so a good 8 hours usually!

I leave it in the burner & turn it back on again in the morning & it lasts another 3 hours maybe before the smell is fading dramatically? I then cool it down & start a new one in the afternoon! HTH

Mine is (was) a bit hit and miss with the melting, it tended to solidify partly round the edges but then I tried a tart in a silicon cake case and that worked fine.

I tried my first mix this weekend, evening air and clean cotton - nice!

Mine only melts in the middle unlike my other electric burner which melts the whole tart. I will try cutting one in half and see what happens.

I'd be interested to hear what Micheala says if someone rings her with a burner that doesn't cut off as she clearly said they had that feature.

:)

Question?????

Hi everyone hope you are all fine and dandy on this really cold evening.

I bought this TSV and I'm reasonably happy with it, prefer my other one though as it has an on/off switch and melts the whole tart but I digress...What I wanted to ask is when you split the YC tarts in half what do you wrap them in to keep them fresh? Probably a daft question but one I needed to ask. Nothing beats Darl's tarts Yankee don't even come close to the scents Darl makes but I have them so have to use them sometime (YC).

Thanks xx

I'm waiting for mine to arrive

One of the reasons I ordered was the mention of the safety cut out and the fact that it was electric and would be safer than all the candles i use, so this non functioning cut out is concerning me a little.

Why clearly state that it would? Bit naughty and QVC should really clarify if they are aware

I wish mine would hurry up!!!

I put my half tarts in a ziplock bag (cut them still in the wrapper and wrap it back round). Be warned, they crumble! Maybe a really hot knife would stop that but I've not tried.

hey guys, why don't we all just put our complaints on the qvc product reviews?
i've just done mine and i gave it 3 stars simply because i like the tarts.
i've also put about the safety cut off which we didn't get and also the there isn't an on/off switch.
i enough of us complain, maybe they will listen, after all, aren't they breaking some law regarding product description and misleading their customers?

you're right, off to do mine now. My replacement came yesterday - still need to test if there's a cut off but from what everyone on here has said there just isn't one fitted.

I've never succumbed to a yankee tsv before now; the kits never seemed very appealing, and the p+p put me off - scentedcandleshop.com is cheaper - but I went for the electronic tart burner, after having used the wax tarts with a tart burner and tea lights. I thought yankee tealights were expensive, so used run-of-the-mill ones, and I was using 3 in a session! Thought I'd give the no-flame option a go, as I've got boxers. The wax tarts are supposed to last for 8 hours each; I've had about double that already, and the aroma shows no signs of weakening yet.

Great buy.

One tip - maybe someone else does this - is to remove the stickers from the outer of the tartlet packaging, and stick it on the inside of your clothes drawers to emit a favourite smell.

Latest posts

Back