Yankee Candle TSV 20/1/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hello all. I have not been posting on here lately but have come back to point out something hopefully helpful about the Yankee TSV.

Good news! There is no indication of this on the confirmation of order email but when I placed my order over the phone earlier, the CS lady said the first payment (TSV) on my card would be £45.83 (£39.88 + P&P) and the second, for the auto delivery in April, will be £42.91. So they are obviously charging less for the 3 jars only (no wick trimmer), which I feel quite strongly is the right thing for QVC to do since auto deliveries should surely be of at least the same value as the TSV.

It was an odd conversation. I rang to check we don't get the wick trimmer, or another accessory, with the ADs and the lady looked it up then said you DO get a wick trimmer each time. I went ahead and ordered on that basis and it was then she mentioned the two differing prices, so I asked why and she said it must be because you don't get the trimmers each time after all. Confusing for all of us it seems! Had ADs not been cheaper or included an extra accessory, I don't think they would have been great value. They should put something in the description rather than say "you'll receive further drops of this item ... at today's price" as they usually do. Maybe they will when the full details are up.

I'm off for a lie-down.

Can anyone tell me if using a shade really does stop sooting?

I actually was astounded at the amount of soot coming off these candles. Last year I burned various different Yankee candles throughout the winter months. When spring came and the sunlight started coming in the window I noticed how my fireplace wall looked a bit grubby (it's an electric fire and it's never on). My lounge had only been painted in the summer so I decided to take a damp cloth over the wall to see if that would make any difference. I actually could not believe how much black residue was on that wall which could only be attributed to the candles. Needless to say I've laid off the candle burning this winter as a result.

Judging by the photos on the Auto Delivery link , you only get a wick trimmer in the first drop!! I Still think its alot of money, as the large jar Tsv's used to be around £33-£34 so there charging £5=£6 for the wick trimmer when you can pick them up very cheaply, And the fact the second drop is actually fragrances readily available to buy now is a joke tbh.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-...t.704378.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-704378

I bought a 3 jar set on AD last year which was £37.58 but it wasn't the TSV which I assume would have been cheaper than my set. So they have put the price up a bit for the first set compared to what I paid and I guess all the sets will be more than last year's TSV. I've still gone for it on AD though, the fact that the fragrances are available earlier elsewhere isn't an issue for me, I want a wick trimmer and I've just been paid. The AD set last year was one of only 2 purchases I made from QVC so I'm looking forward to getting it and don't feel guilty.

Been to Dobbies today and has a smell of some of the new scents. I wasnt impressed by Moroccan Argan oil , really couldn't smell anything from it at all, Aloe Water had a very subtle floral scent, Shea butter was very nice but by far my favourite was Red Raspberry, it reminds me a little of cherry vanilla from the simply home range. I bought tarts in Aloe water, Red Raspberry and Shea butter to see if they get better when used :).

I also spotted large jars of the fragrance Jelly Beans, had a lovely tutti fruitti scent , but was £21.99 so i assume its limited edition or rare.

Good news! There is no indication of this on the confirmation of order email but when I placed my order over the phone earlier, the CS lady said the first payment (TSV) on my card would be £45.83 (£39.88 + P&P) and the second, for the auto delivery in April, will be £42.91. So they are obviously charging less for the 3 jars only (no wick trimmer), which I feel quite strongly is the right thing for QVC to do since auto deliveries should surely be of at least the same value as the TSV.

Thanks so much for this, not a massive reduction but a reduction nevertheless.

Thanks so much for this, not a massive reduction but a reduction nevertheless.

Yes, less than £3 cheaper without the trimmer but I'm thinking of it as nearly £1 off each candle, which I'll take. Agree with others here commenting on the overall increase in price though.

I wondered whether the RRP of Yankee jars was going up because I noticed on boots.com some of the large jars (Black Coconut, Vanilla Lime, Pink Sands) are now £24.99, some still £19.99. I've only ever seen them in shops under £20 but you guys may know better.

Last edited:
the sets of 3 large jars on QVC until now have rarely exceeded £40 - so it looks, from the price of this TSV, that the new sets will be priced around £45 in the future. Even with the postage it will still be a saving on the shop price.... but I'll definitely have to be sure that I'm going to like all 3 jars before investing in future :confused:

I'm near my local Yankee Candle shop on Saturday, so I think I'm going to pop in and do the same thing :)

So I went today, wasn't really blown away with any of the new fragrances apart from Pink Grapefruit. I really loved that. I liked Aloe Water & Shea Butter, but they were very subtle. And I also liked Oud Oasis too. The others (Red Raspberry, Cassis, Moroccan Argan Oil & Frankincense) I could leave but seeing as my TSV has been dispatched today I will soon be a proud owner of them :) lol!

Following from my comment above - I've just looked at Yankee candles on QVC, and every single set of 3 large jars is £40 or over - and bearing in mind that several of these sets have been available for some time at less than £40..... QVC have clearly put their prices up!!!

I am glad I have talked myself out of the Tsv, I don't think it is great value and whilst I do like the scents, they dont "blow me away" and I still find even with a shade and wick trimming they soot, I am going to use up my stash of large jars and then stick to melts. Glad I am at work on the day of the TSV, then I won't get "persuaded " to part with my money :mysmilie_59:

the sooting and tunelling from the yankee jars have put me off for good. i can go to tkmax and buy soy candles for £5. the have excellent throw and last for 150 hours

I used an Aloe Water wax tart last night and i really like it , much stronger throw than i was expecting and easily filled our large lounge, just goes to show you cant always tell how good a fragrance is by just smelling a jar in a shop :)

I agree with you there, Autumn. I have just burnt my Merry Marshmallows candle which I could barely smell in the jar or wrapped tart but once they were both in use I found it much stronger.

I get my Yankee Candles from Temptation Gifts. Free postage over £50. I don't think they have the latest fragrances (like the tsv) but, if you want last years you can save a lot. I love salted caramel and black coconut and got some good bargains on those. Its worth a look.

Thank you for the link to temptation gifts, puffin. I have just checked Easyfundraising and they are on their list, with a 2.5% donation, so double yay!

I bought some large jar candles in their sale from The Works for less than a fiver each. They`re soy, the same size as a Yankee large jar and I expected them to be rubbish for the price but they`ve turned out to be really good. No smoking, no tunneling, no soot and a good throw. If you have a branch near you and they`ve still got them, then for around £4.99 they`re certainly worth a try.

I was offered the chance to pre-order this TSV and the first drop arrived this morning. All three are gorgeous and present me with a problem - every year the Spring ones are my least favourite and I usually rely on them to use as presents but now I am certain I want to keep them all …
On the serious side, it's nice, rather than an overly floral set, to have something exotic and pampering.

I ordered at 8.15pm on Friday and mine arrived at work at 11.15am today. I haven't opened them yet so I hope I will be pleased when I check them out tonight.

Latest posts

Back