Yankee advice for removal of used wax

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

@DaBellyOfDaSnarly If you manage to persuade your owner to buy the Gu chocolate desserts you are on to a good thing and they would probably work on the tart burner - though would have to measure the size of the glass dish first.

@ILoveShopping - "Eat First, Measure Later!" DaBellyOfDaSnarly is v-e-r-y persuasive. x

Note to self: THINK!!!!!

I was so chuffed with my silicon moulds but was surprised that the first one melted last night, so that's £6.99 down the drain from Lakeland. Think next time missy, a dessert mould means it is for cold things, so despite being silicone its not designed like a silicone cake case that is meant for in the oven. Obvious now I think about it, and I am on the look out again.

I am amazingly thick sometimes.

@Bags - what a silly person that Ebayer is; that is evidence of 'indulging'. One gets rid of evidence! ;-) Spooky got 'goo', Snarly got 'Gü'. The ramekins fit. How do I know? *burp* If the YCpeople hadn't messed with the design, we wouldn't have this dilemma.

Note to self: THINK!!!!!

I was so chuffed with my silicon moulds but was surprised that the first one melted last night, so that's £6.99 down the drain from Lakeland. Think next time missy, a dessert mould means it is for cold things, so despite being silicone its not designed like a silicone cake case that is meant for in the oven. Obvious now I think about it, and I am on the look out again.

I am amazingly thick sometimes.

I tried very hard to persuade you to go to the poundshop. My muffin ones are doing fine though have only had them on for an hour max.
interesting though that all silicone is not the same. I have a set of six so just leaving the tarts in and using another one when iwant to change fragrance. Fancy a pear kringle one now it is a tealight so going to burn it and then tip it into the muffin case

My electric tart warmer just arrived and I've been thinking....:mysmilie_506:

What about an empty tea light holder? You could either break up a tart and fill it up or I have some of those large tea lights from Asda (M&S do them too) and they fit in perfectly

Or, those basic glass tea light holders from Ikea fit in perfectly as well, or would the thick glass make it take ages to warm up........Any thoughts?

My electric tart warmer just arrived and I've been thinking....:mysmilie_506:

What about an empty tea light holder? You could either break up a tart and fill it up or I have some of those large tea lights from Asda (M&S do them too) and they fit in perfectly

Or, those basic glass tea light holders from Ikea fit in perfectly as well, or would the thick glass make it take ages to warm up........Any thoughts?

Yes I reckon empty metal tealight containers would be fine and would heat up but you would have to scrape out the wax. The glass ones would take longer so not so good. My kringle tealight container is plastic so not risking it

That's a good idea. Because you will eventually get lots of empty tealight tins, you wouldn't have to keep cleaning them out.

I use a metal container I just happened to have that fitted my electric burner, and the bottom edge is radiused so the tart comes out easily just by tapping the container upside down (after it has solidified!!!).

Hmmm just had a little incident. Decided to change the fragrance and took off the muffin silicone container whilst it was still molten and caight the edge of the tart burner - wax spilt but luckily onto a glass top table. I will not be moving the container until the wax has set in future lucky escape for the carpet.

This is getting into a right messy faff.

Yet again the whole thing from Yankee and QVC has not been properly thought out or tested.

I know my electric one with the saucer, doesn't burn as hot as my non electric all in ones and the swinging dish one I had.
So perhaps Yankee had a rethink in order to increase the warming effect of the tart.
But to do that at the expense of not being able to dispose of the used wax, is a big no no.
I've got my ones due to arrive and I'm still not sorted, as to how I'm going to effectively remove the old wax.
Because of which appears a fault in development, having coloured cake cases in them around the house, I don't think would go down too well here.

How would these be either with the cup handle cut off or trying the saucer in the warmer well?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130674873...acat=0&_nkw=130674873186&_rdc=1#ht_1992wt_309

Noooooooh - it says that they are not oven proof. Please go to the pound shop and buy some - trouble is that I haven't seen any white ones. Otherwise Tinkerbelle and someone else say that that have managed to get the tarts out by letting them cool and then pushing them out. One person was using a lolly stick to dislodge them.

Would it help if you put a few drops of water in the container before putting in the tart. Just thought, would probably evaporate before tart melted. Think before engaging gob!

Noooooooh - it says that they are not oven proof. Please go to the pound shop and buy some - trouble is that I haven't seen any white ones. Otherwise Tinkerbelle and someone else say that that have managed to get the tarts out by letting them cool and then pushing them out. One person was using a lolly stick to dislodge them.

Iloveshopping I did note after my post that the saucers aren't to be used in the oven, but the cups are ok I think.

Though I'm wondering if refusing delivery is an option, seriously I getting fed up with QVC not fully road testing items they sell.
Constantly leaving it to the customer to find the problems, risking their postage costs.
Are they really happy to refund all postage costs if numerous buyers are found to have the same problems?
I find myself during presentations thinking about the possible reviews stating problems peeps have had with their purchase.
Like today's oven gloves I'm thinking to purchase, but according to Simon they are revamped to make them easy to work with.
Well why wasn't that noted before, but what else have they done but added magnets.
Just have visions of my gloves being stuck together to the metal bakeware.

Last edited:
Iloveshopping I did note after my post that the saucers aren't to be used in the oven, but the cups are ok I think.

Though I'm wondering if refusing delivery is an option, seriously I getting fed up with QVC not fully road testing items they sell.
Constantly leaving it to the customer to find the problems, risking their postage costs.
Are they really happy to refund all postage costs if numerous buyers are found to have the same problems?
I find myself during presentations thinking about the possible reviews stating problems peeps have had with their purchase.
Like today's oven gloves I'm thinking to purchase, but according to Simon they are revamped to make them easy to work with.
Well why wasn't that noted before, but what else have they done but added magnets.
Just have visions of my gloves being stuck together to the metal bakeware.

I'm still estatic with my tart burner as I've been waiting for a year for one to appear on QVC. In some ways not having the removable dish is a good thing as I'm a butter fingers these days and I would have probably dropped it and smashed it on the kitchen floor getting it out of the freezer. If you are happy to burn the same fragrance until it is used up then you only have to remove it approx every 8 hours. Also you could keep it and if you didn't like it sell it on ebay as they are a rare occurence and were selling for £30 plus p&p. Though of course if the TSV is so unsuccessful then Ebay may be flooded.

I've refused delivery once before and as the item had free outward p&p I got a refund for the item and was not charged for the return p&p.

I've bought todays silicone gloves as xmas presents. I already have the joined together oven mitts n(bought last September) and they are excellent. I like the idea of the magnet to hold the TSV to the cooker and also I think the reinforced slot by the thumb on the new gloves is good. I would buy some for myself as well but cannot justify it as my current pair are still in perfect condition.

I think that generally QVC sell excellent quality goods - a bit expensive at times. Their customer service is also excellent it is just their shipping that lets them down a bit.

My tart burner arrived on Tuesday and has been in use since arrival. It was bought mainly to mask doggy smells and that's a big tick already. The first tart went straight into the heater (well half a tart anyway) and when it had lost its smelliness I turned the heater off and swiftly turned the wax into a plastic container, a little bit of wax had spilt onto the heater but it was still warm enough to wipe away with kitchen roll. Now I'm using a quarter of a tart (which is enough for me) in a used tea light and that is working well. I'll be getting the silicone cake moulds though because although it's a bit of a faff, my hall has never smelt so good!

I tested the empty tea light method and it worked nicely!

Put about 1/4 tart into a small empty metal tea light holder, it melted quickly and was burning for most of the afternoon. Switched it off and it has now set again so I will just put that to one side to use again and try a different one tomorrow, my tarts will last me ages at this rate! :smile:

Latest posts

Back