Yankee advice for removal of used wax

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm trying to find some white silicone cases.

I bought mine in Lakeland and they only did them in pink, I would have preferred white too for camouflage purposes. But for me my daughter is 8 so "ANYTHING" pink goes LOL. If you find any white ones please let me know tho :eek:) xx

I bought mine in Lakeland and they only did them in pink, I would have preferred white too for camouflage purposes. But for me my daughter is 8 so "ANYTHING" pink goes LOL. If you find any white ones please let me know tho :eek:) xx

Will do Spooky.
x

one word of advice though - there is no on/off switch, the burner just starts when you plug it in. Didn't realise this so thought "is this actually on?", touched the tart saucer bit and thought "christ yes it is". One sore finger later lol.

one word of advice though - there is no on/off switch, the burner just starts when you plug it in. Didn't realise this so thought "is this actually on?", touched the tart saucer bit and thought "christ yes it is". One sore finger later lol.

By the sounds of it this new one gets warmer than the previous saucer one.

There wasn't an instruction leaflet in the box to advise what to do which was annoying but it wasn't really rocket science, I just assumed it would have had a on/off switch. I only saw one presentation on air with Michaela and didn't listen too much tbh as I didn't think she looked interested and I didn't think she was providing good info about the product. There is however a little foldy up leaflet which is in every language going and whilst this isn't an instruction leaflet - it does say to remove the wax put the unit in the FREEZER - errr NO!!!!! unless you wish to electrocute yourself. Which is a tad worse than a burnt finger ;o)

there wasn't an instruction leaflet in the box to advise what to do which was annoying but it wasn't really rocket science, i just assumed it would have had a on/off switch. I only saw one presentation on air with michaela and didn't listen too much tbh as i didn't think she looked interested and i didn't think she was providing good info about the product. There is however a little foldy up leaflet which is in every language going and whilst this isn't an instruction leaflet - it does say to remove the wax put the unit in the freezer - errr no!!!!! Unless you wish to electrocute yourself. Which is a tad worse than a burnt finger ;o)

IN THE FREEZER
:devil:

Apart from freezing the electrical item then expecting it to work.

Why would the brands rep then say on air it's too large to fit in the freezer?

IN THE FREEZER
:devil:

Apart from freezing the electrical item then expecting it to work.

Why would the brands rep then say on air it's too large to fit in the freezer?

I know its so wrong!

QVC should watch out for law suits with mavericks like her. I can just see the headlines in the Daily Mail..."toddler scalded helping mummy empty QVC tart burner" or "shopping channel in electrocution shock... vulnerable adult killed removing electric appliance from freezer after plugging it in....". Shudder

I got an instruction leaflet with mine - which I have chucked in the dustbin (large 5 foot deep bin) but I may retrieve it. There is a little red light by the wire to the plug which comes on when the tart burner is switched on. Also got a Yankee product leaflet.

The instruction leaflet had another way of emptying the used tart wax out (apart from the lined waste paper bin) which was to wait until the wax had started solidifying and then 'pinching' it to remove it from the burner. I'm the impatient sort so I'm not the kind to wait a few minutes for it to solidify and pinch it whilst it is still setting. I think Tinkerbelle said that she removed them this way.

I'm getting on very well with the silicone case method as I have about 4 on the go and can choose my scent at whim.

Very happy with it and as I said before I have it plugged in to a socket for which I have a remote control device so no need to reach down and switch it on at the socket - just a tap on the remote and on it goes. I feel so much safer than burning candles as I am very absent minded. I was setting a cooking timer so that I remembered to blow out the candle at some point but even that wasn't fool proof as sometimes I forgot to set the timer. I use digital cooking timers alot as I start cooking and then wander out into the garden and forget and then the potatoes boil dry etc

I have photographed the little leaflet which was in the plastic bag that the tart burner was inside, I think they have put the totally wrong leaflet in, so hopefully people will realise this and ignore it!!

My piccie is blurred if you zoom in but I think people can read and work out the jist that is typed.
003.jpg

I got an instruction leaflet with mine - which I have chucked in the dustbin (large 5 foot deep bin) but I may retrieve it. There is a little red light by the wire to the plug which comes on when the tart burner is switched on. Also got a Yankee product leaflet.

The instruction leaflet had another way of emptying the used tart wax out (apart from the lined waste paper bin) which was to wait until the wax had started solidifying and then 'pinching' it to remove it from the burner. I'm the impatient sort so I'm not the kind to wait a few minutes for it to solidify and pinch it whilst it is still setting. I think Tinkerbelle said that she removed them this way.

I'm getting on very well with the silicone case method as I have about 4 on the go and can choose my scent at whim.

Very happy with it and as I said before I have it plugged in to a socket for which I have a remote control device so no need to reach down and switch it on at the socket - just a tap on the remote and on it goes. I feel so much safer than burning candles as I am very absent minded. I was setting a cooking timer so that I remembered to blow out the candle at some point but even that wasn't fool proof as sometimes I forgot to set the timer. I use digital cooking timers alot as I start cooking and then wander out into the garden and forget and then the potatoes boil dry etc

My two came today and I am chuffed to bits with them, despite burning my finger LOL. I put the new Autumn fragrance Red Velvet in and after a while got a bit fed up with it as its quite overpowering so I thought I'd change. I just lifted my silicon mould on and after about 5/10 mins it was solid enough to just pop out cleanly and then I whacked a Wild Passion Fruit tart in and away it goes again. Takes quite a while to start melting where the silicone clearly slows the process down but once its gone its gone and its "so much" easier!!

My house smells yummy!! which is lucky as I have just burnt husbandos tea!!

I like the idea of the silicon cases - ingenious!! Mind you, I never have a problem getting mine out anyway - they just come out if I push on one edge with an old lolly stick or something similar, no freezer or anything.

The silicon would be good if I wanted several 'flavours' to chop and change though - except that mine has a lid!!:thinking:

Does anyone think it would be safe to line with silicone baking paper? I could keep each one in the paper and write the name underneath.

Just a thought.

Michaela harping on about the wax evaporating and all the rest of the guff just proves to me that she doesn't use the products herself, despite claiming she does.

Does anyone think it would be safe to line with silicone baking paper? I could keep each one in the paper and write the name underneath.

Just a thought.

Would some large plain white cake cases do then?

If they are paper cake cases then I would not advise it, even if they are silicone waxed. Also they would probably not be rigid enough to hold the wax when it was melted so it may spill over as the paper collapsed. I bought my silicone fairy cake cases in a poundshop.

A quote from a former manager at YC - - - - - >

Most tarts will provide fragrance for between 8 and 12 hours. This means you can usually burn two tealights for every one tart. Unlike oil, the liquid in the tart burner will not evaporate. Instead, you will know that the tart is "spent" after you can no longer smell its fragrance. Whenever you are finished with your tart, the easiest way to get it out of the burner is to let the hot wax cool and harden. Then, place your tart burner upside down in your freezer for 15 or 20 minutes. The wax will shrink and pull away from the sides of the dish, and after being in your freezer for awhile it should become loose enough to just slide out or be gently pushed out with your thumb.

A quote from a former manager at YC - - - - - >

Most tarts will provide fragrance for between 8 and 12 hours. This means you can usually burn two tealights for every one tart. Unlike oil, the liquid in the tart burner will not evaporate. Instead, you will know that the tart is "spent" after you can no longer smell its fragrance. Whenever you are finished with your tart, the easiest way to get it out of the burner is to let the hot wax cool and harden. Then, place your tart burner upside down in your freezer for 15 or 20 minutes. The wax will shrink and pull away from the sides of the dish, and after being in your freezer for awhile it should become loose enough to just slide out or be gently pushed out with your thumb.

Thanks that's great but is what we knew already for the removal trays or non electrical tart burners.
The problem arises when the warmer is electrical powered with no removable dish that can be frozen.

@ILoveShopping-I set the telly's timer to come on l-o-u-d 'cause I lose track of time, too! @Spooky-I ask dinner guests, how do they want their dinner? black or dark brown. DaBellyOfDaSnarly wants to buy lots of Gü® chocolate desserts, eat 'em all up, and use their glass ramekins for the tart burners. DaBelly thinks 10 ramekins. To start. Minimum [yummy!]

Latest posts

Back