Yankee advice for removal of used wax

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Michaela has just advised as the burner is too large to fit in the freezer.:mysmilie_13:
Then just to unplug the unit and simply pour the used wax into a plastic lined bin.
Well Dale's face was a site to be seen and commented if a residue was remaining that would add to the mixology.

What is she on, does she ever try out, just what she waffles?

:wonder:

Last edited:
someone posted that they use a scilicon muffin case i suppose you could then freeze that and pop out the wax

someone posted that they use a scilicon muffin case i suppose you could then freeze that and pop out the wax

No need to freeze the silicon muffin case, as the wax solidifies in the case and then just slips out as case is silicon.

Just hope no one gets into a right mess trying to hold the burner, plug and cable whilst pouring hot wax into a bin.
Would love to know how you'd clean the embossed pattern on the burner when it's coated with the dripped set wax.

Just hope no one gets into a right mess trying to hold the burner, plug and cable whilst pouring hot wax into a bin.
Would love to know how you'd clean the embossed pattern on the burner when it's coated with the dripped set wax.

That'll be a "Household Helpers" or "Cleaning Solutions" TSV in a couple of months' time, £18.92 + £4.94p&p for 15ml of concentrate which makes 5,004,225 spray bottles of specific wax tart melter wax tart surplus remover (not available in any shops) ...on auto delivery!

For you!

Jude xx

...and you'll order it too...because it'll be just too late to return your Yankee thingumy!

Jude xx

All you need to do is to remove the solidified wax tart a few minutes after lighting the candle on an ordinary tart warmer. It slides out really easily. So why won't that work with a 'lectric one?

Michaela said tonight that if you burn a tart for a few hours you can dispose of it by pouring it in a plastic bin but if you have been burning it for at least 8 hrs+ you really won't need to worry as you won't have much wax left anyway!!! Well I have been burning tarts for years and never had any burn away or evaporate!! Have you? what is she on tonight with her excuses?!!

She always makes reference to not having much wax left after the tea light goes out.
Making out you'd not burn the same tart again, using another Yankee tea light, as you'd not have any of the wax left.

Well Michaela I just got rid of a tart out of my electric warmer that I had been using daily for a couple of weeks, that was still scenting my large kitchen.
The dish was still full of wax, just like when it was first melted.
I only thought I'd better have a new tart as my hairdresser was coming to do my hair, and I didn't want any hint of a doggy smell.

I have been using up my stash of tarts as well burning them when I have people coming to see the puppies.
As I don't want the first impression of the house to be of doggy doo doo.
I am now down to burning all of the ones I really didn't like when they arrived, so have been mixing them up and have NEVER had no wax left once the tea light (from Asda) has gone out.
But any sent is better than nothing, and I like them better than the alternatives which always smell so artificial and the spray isn't good for the puppies lungs.

I KNOW Michaela was talking twaddle saying that wax tarts burn away after lots of time, I have never had that, they just set again, this imo was just another sales comment, but a very naughty one!

And as for pouring used wax into a bin, has she any idea how much spilt wax that would create down the front of the burner which is embossed! will be a blimin pig of a job getting solidified wax out of those embossed circles.

Michaela should not have been saying rubbish (imo) yesterday I lost a lot of respect for her after these comments, Rosa should replace her full time!

Last edited:
Michaela came across very badly yesterday, and I was approaching the show with an open mind, not having seen her before. I wanted to see my tart burner demo'd.

Michaela, to me came across as rude, arrogant and surly. I was cringing.

At least my question about breaking the tarts up was addressed, as I said I have never seen tarts or tart burners demo'd before, just the candles. I was an oil burner girl in my uni days and they were crap, so bought this to fill that void.

I KNOW Michaela was talking twaddle saying that wax tarts burn away after lots of time, I have never had that, they just set again, this imo was just another sales comment, but a very naughty one!

And as for pouring used wax into a bin, has she any idea how much spilt wax that would create down the front of the burner which is embossed! will be a blimin pig of a job getting solidified wax out of those embossed circles.
I couldn't agree more, I know Michaela has said in the past due to her young child she doesn't burn too many candles.
I completely understand that, I would never wish her family any harm.
Though I do feel working for Yankee Candle, it would be advisable to attend a candle training course.
So she would then at least have some experience of the products, and be able to advise buyers correctly.

She gives me the impression that she can't be bothered to do her job and would rather be somewhere else. I'm surprised that her superiors haven't had a word in her ear about her attitude. She needs some sales training or better still, be replaced by Rosa full time.

I wish I could post piccies on here as I am mega chuffed - my two burners have just come and I have put my Lakeland silicone dessert mould inside the top with a tart inside, and apart from it taking about 30 mins to melt down, it is now well on its way and smelling gorgeous. Forget Michaela twaddle about pouring the melted wax into a bin or it "evaporating" yeah right, I shall just pop mine out of the silicone liner and start again with a new tart. Whoopedy doo dah, one happy little YC nut!!!

Never done this before so fingers crossed it has worked!

001.jpg002.jpg

I wish I could post piccies on here as I am mega chuffed - my two burners have just come and I have put my Lakeland silicone dessert mould inside the top with a tart inside, and apart from it taking about 30 mins to melt down, it is now well on its way and smelling gorgeous. Forget Michaela twaddle about pouring the melted wax into a bin or it "evaporating" yeah right, I shall just pop mine out of the silicone liner and start again with a new tart. Whoopedy doo dah, one happy little YC nut!!!

I'm trying to find some white silicone cases.

Latest posts

Back