Would you watch a robot?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
We 're told that robots ard going to replace us in all manner of jobs before long and I'm wondering if they would be an improvement on qvc. Assuming they look human, just think... no annoying habits, no gabbling and spouting rubbish, no interrupting the robot guests. Would we love it or hate it? I think it would be really good. I would probably watch more because I can't bear to watch much these days. Prices might come down too. Apart from the presenters, most of the behind the scenes staff would be out the door as well.

I thought we were already watching a load of robots spouting the same rubbish time after time after time.

Ofcourse robots have to be programmed and "copy" a human first - so back to square one again - imagine them all as either Chuntley, Sara G or DF!

Even the presenters who are mostly ok have annoying habits and if we had to listen to them hour after hour it would be unbelievable awful - at least the way it is we get a wide variety of annoying habits.

What do some of you know that I don't? Catherine Huntley always comes across as very nice and genuine to me but doesn't get a very good press here. There are a few presenters who I dislike with a vengeance but she's not one of them.

Catherine's OK, she's very pretty and has a lovely voice but sometimes she just is tooooo much. Too gushing, too overly nice, too complimentary to the guest, too much information about her personal life, just a bit OTT. There's much worse (Marverine, wellllllll, roll eyes, dooo you know Austin said to meeee, wooooowwwww, you loooook soooooo nice in those pj's ha ha, smile smile, blah blah). Bet he didn't. Bet he said ****** hell Marv you look like a stick of rock in those pink jammies :mysmilie_17:

CC (it was a joke. I'm nice to everyone really)

PS. As for robots, couldn't watch them as they'd be too perfect. Hang on a minute . . . . .

So long as robots didn't use iPads when on air, they'd be ok in my book. If I watch a show, I want to hear about the product rather than having it interrupted with irrelevant tweets.

CH is probably a very nice lady but pre-programmed to spout the same rubbish about p & p charges and the dreaded HS.

CH is probably a very nice lady but pre-programmed to spout the same rubbish about p & p charges and the dreaded HS.

Yes, its as if we take our lives in our hands going into actual shops to buy things.

Well if the robot just told the facts about products, let the guest explain the product in full. Oh and didn't tell us about their latest oil change/reboot, how the toaster no longer found them attractive as they didn't wear QVC fashion. No problem

"hello everyone, people on QVC. I am Rhona Robot" we think WTF. " I come to tell you that Julia is an XL. I come to tell you that Charlie has an eating disorder. I come to tell you that Claire Sutton is only 12 years old. I come to tell you that Dale is actually 102 years old. I come to tell you that Jilly is not the most normal person on QVC she is actually an alien. I come to tell you that Debbie Flint is a cardboard cutout of Delboy Flint Trotter and is pre-programmed to talk sh*te. And and and and . . . . .

When I used to shop with QVC I often wondered why they bother having presenters at all, because out of the five minutes they have to "present" an item, only about two minutes is actually about it, the rest of the time is the 30 day mbg, the amazing value (that's funny) and how to order, so why not just have a picture of the item and a description, save on presenters and staff wages.

Yes, but it would have to be a "bang on trend" robot, wouldn't it? And what the well-dressed robot is wearing this winter is, of course, from the Q fashion ranges. I can't help thinking of "Carry On Screaming" where the crazy professor (Kenneth Williams) is turning young girls into shop dummies.....truth imitating art?

Yes, its as if we take our lives in our hands going into actual shops to buy things.

Well if the robot just told the facts about products, let the guest explain the product in full. Oh and didn't tell us about their latest oil change/reboot, how the toaster no longer found them attractive as they didn't wear QVC fashion. No problem

What do some of you know that I don't? Catherine Huntley always comes across as very nice and genuine to me but doesn't get a very good press here. There are a few presenters who I dislike with a vengeance but she's not one of them.

I like Catherine too! Agree she can come across a bit mushy but enjoy most of her shows! :mysmilie_378:

Haha. This thread is making me giggle!! I am in agreement about Catherine. She seems lovely but a bit cringe worthy sometimes. All in all, I enjoy watching her. I do wish more time was spent on the actual product though. They have a really annoying habit of not showing the inside of handbags - talking instead about who could use it and what little pump it would go with :-/

Latest posts

Back