Wimbledon 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well done Petra....Schiavone went off the boil and really didn't want to continue in the damp conditions did she? Don't mean to come across rude but does anyone else think the Italian has rather manly features? Also, I was a bit surprised at Petra's wobbly middle considering her sport as I would have thought her core muscles would be well toned!

Just want the main shrieker to lose now but, sadly, we still have Serena in the tournament.

Well done Petra....Schiavone went off the boil and really didn't want to continue in the damp conditions did she? Don't mean to come across rude but does anyone else think the Italian has rather manly features? Also, I was a bit surprised at Petra's wobbly middle considering her sport as I would have thought her core muscles would be well toned!

Yes well done Kavitova who certainly had a slow start but Francesca was getting well rattled and the match turned. Petra's wobbly middle is quite outstanding, almost as good a mine... :wink:

Just want the main shrieker to lose now but, sadly, we still have Serena in the tournament.

For now, but she won't win it.

My prayers have been answered.............:mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378:

Fantastic match Sabine!!!! :muscle: I'm so glad the crowd gave her a standing ovation cos it's usually Sharapova who gets all the attention but today she was outplayed and you could see her nerve giving way. Shame...not. :devil: Wasn't Sabine's delight and big toothy grin just lovely to see?? :sun: One down, one more to go Busy.

A really good day in my book.
Glad the shrieker has gone. I have nothing against her personally, I just can't bear the Sharapova shriek. I read that the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) is set to crackdown on players who shriek.
Azarenka :eek:
Williams :eek:
Hurry up WTA!

Also very glad Sharapova has gone, I think she is good to watch, but a very imperious manner on court and the shrieking is beyond a joke now - it ruins what is a very elegant game. Now if Serena could also be beaten today that would be grand :grin:

Rooting very much for David Ferrer today, looking forward to that match.

A really good day in my book.
Glad the shrieker has gone. I have nothing against her personally, I just can't bear the Sharapova shriek. I read that the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) is set to crackdown on players who shriek.
Azarenka :eek:
Williams :eek:
Hurry up WTA!

Bob Diamond was discussing this subject last night during the match of the day programme with Tracey Austin and Mac and he said that the WTA had already spoken to Sharapova who said she would see what she could do...well she did do something, she actually increased the volume during her match with Lisiki!! :rolleyes: Azarenka's response to the WTA was basically up yours :rolleyes: which with her attitude was to expected. :down: Williams wasn't mentioned but I can't see her shutting up either because she considers herself to be above reproach which is an arrogance instilled in both the brothers from their obnoxious father. This grunting/shrieking/screaming annoyance has been discussed for years and it's clear that none of these extremely noisy players are prepared to stop and until the WTA introduce some kind of penalty when the volume exceeds a certain level it will continue. Apart from spoiling matches for the spectators imo it's a form of cheating done purely to intimidate and distract their opponents.

Ferrer is obviously on a mission but I'm beginning to wonder how Cilic got through to the 4th round as his level of play is terrible.

Bob Diamond was discussing this subject last night during the match of the day programme with Tracey Austin and Mac and he said that the WTA had already spoken to Sharapova who said she would see what she could do...well she did do something, she actually increased the volume during her match with Lisiki!! :rolleyes:

Yes, I saw that discussion last night.
I also read that she responded to a question about the noise she made by saying that no one "who really mattered" had raised the issue with her. That said, the article then went on to comment that she had not been making noises out on the practice courts.
I agree, it's all an act & I'm glad she's out.

Sorry to see Petra out but I don't think she's played anywhere near the standard she did last year on winning the Championship.

Latest posts

Back