Why's Alison Young looking so dolled up these days?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember someone on this forum saying Alison
had spilt up with her husband. This could account for her change in appearance, maybe she is trying to go back to her youth.

It seems to me that some people, not all, seem to let themselves go when they have a man and then when they are single they look better, dont know why that is because you should try to make the best of yourself no matter whether you are in a relationship or not.

Think it must be AK they were talking about - I heard her mention her husband the other day something about her being a Sunday Roast person and him being more of a curry person.

i hope she hasn't split up or that things are okay with her...i have seen her mention him on shows and thought she seemed very devoted to him...as for AK, i think she has conducted herself with real dignity and poise...it cannot be easy going through something like that, least of all in the public eye.

i liked AY's new cut...maybe she got lots of positive responses so she is now just experimenting with new looks?

i hope she hasn't split up or that things are okay with her...i have seen her mention him on shows and thought she seemed very devoted to him...as for AK, i think she has conducted herself with real dignity and poise...it cannot be easy going through something like that, least of all in the public eye.

Yes AK was vey poised. She was carrying on with a camera man at QVC. Hence the divorce.

Yes AK was vey poised. She was carrying on with a camera man at QVC. Hence the divorce.

:wonder2: no way!

I can't tolerate AY when she's really banging on about selling, drives me NUTS to say the least. Her way of selling is the worst sort, it's borderline cheeky and sarcastic in some instances.

I haven't noticed her hair much or her clothes, but my is she wearing lots of make up. When I look closely behind her glasses (when the stage lighting isn't flashing in her eyes) I can just see her eyes poking through the gunk.

Grrr!

I think she said on the PK show that she hadn't had her hair cut for about12 wks. That's fine when you have long hair, but with a shorter style you need to get it done every 6-8 weeks in my opinion (I certainly go a lot more now mine is shoulder length).

I thought her new hairstyle looked lovely when she first had it done so it's a shame she's letting it slip. I agree 12 weeks is far too long to go between cuts if you want to keep the style. The other day I thought her hair growing out made her face look triangular and very broad across her jaw which made her look heavier. I get my hair done every five weeks and I'm not on the telly trying to sell things to make people look good.

i like both the alisons.
alison k is really dotty and funny and alison young has a sense of humour that i love very dry and very witty.
i dont think she is into dressing up horsey types sometimes are like that but she loves her skin care and it shows...

I'd noticed that her "new" style was rapidly losing shape too. As for the tights, you wouldn't like my Nora Batty look then Donna.......?!!!! :smirk:

Well you have certainly all made me laugh here. I had no ideas Alison looked like you all have been describing. I imagined her to be a very glamourous type of woman, in her 40's yes, but very glamourous, using all those 2000 beauty items or how many she's supposed to have, big smiles.

Thanks for the description girls, and also for a good laugh.

Katie

katiesallybliss - sorry Katie, you should have shouted louder.....earlier! lol
Imagine a very horsey person who on realising they're about to go to work, realises they only have three clean items of non-horsey clothing in the entire house, so puts them all on, regardless of whether they suit their skintone, match or anything else!

Therefore, you might end up with a bright red dress & a small pale fawn shrug cardi, the latter being impossible to see as it virtually matches the colour of her skin! Or, a pair of black tights, a short tarty skirt & a purple blouse with frills & ruffles on that looks a bit Victorian, kind of! Scary stuff! lol

I remember on the old board. It was said presenters had a wardrobe allowance especially for the QVC. So I will say her clothes are kept at QVC in her dressing room. She does seem to rotate the same items on air.
Or again AY is now a WAG so could be watching OK, Hello, Heat etc to see what the other wags are wearing.

She really lost it last night! What was she on for goodness sake? Was it her anniversary or something because Jilly and Claudia came on at the end of her show [about 11pm] and gave her flowers.

yes it was in the salon with alison 14th anniversary! did any one see the clip of her having her hair done by nick Chavez, she looks so young there

I couldn't get that hair raising vid to play, but whilst looking for it on YouTube I found this which hasa clip Ally looking ever so young - plus Charlie being amusing (who knew?!) and an S. P. 8 legs as my daughter calls them because she can't even bring herself to utter the word spider cos she's so phobic about them. (a warning for other arachnophobes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGHQMh7ZuHE&feature=related

I don't see this sense of humour that people often attribute to AY. As far as i can see when I'm watching her she's completely humourless! She has an ego the size of the planet with nothing but old glories to back it up (head of training at Clarins, yes but how many years ago?!) and is just so fond of the sound of her own voice that anything anyone else has to say is irrelevant. I delete any shows I've recorded now without watching them as I can't bear her anymore!!

And yeah, wtf is going on with the 'wardrobe' these days? Summer dresses with thick black tights? :11:

I wonder if she reads this as she seemed to mention her hubby lots of times last night or maybe I just picked up on it because of the discussion on here. She did seem a bit OTT last night but it didn't stop her from interrupting and talking over the guests.

I couldn't get that hair raising vid to play, but whilst looking for it on YouTube I found this which hasa clip Ally looking ever so young - plus Charlie being amusing (who knew?!) and an S. P. 8 legs as my daughter calls them because she can't even bring herself to utter the word spider cos she's so phobic about them. (a warning for other arachnophobes)

Good to see the fashion was just as s***e back in the day!

AY looks SO young in that clip!

Slightly off topic, by Kathy looked really great on that clip!

Latest posts

Back