Registered Shopper
I haven't given birth
I haven't won the lottery
I haven't been given a medal
I haven't passed an exam
I haven't achieved a world record
I haven't got married / divorced

SO WHY ?

have I been CONGRATULATED for placing an order on Q's website ?

and being told WELL DONE for placing an order on the phone ????

an ordinary Thank You would suffice.

Yes I agree it is patronising. When you call the well done is supposed to be for placing your order before it sells out. Thank you for your order may be more appropriate

I think it was Jabba that once said ,when you get to the checkout the. assistant doesn't say well done for getting your shopping.
I laughed for days its so true

This automated phone calling is going to become very annoying in my opinion, hopefully it will die a death if people start complaining. If I get another one I will certainly be returning the favour to CS.

It is called providing a customer experience. A lot of retailers are into it now. Even in Sainsbury's the checkout person often asks how my day has been. Automated patter. We were into it in my old job, so much so that it was at the expense of the welfare if the sales staff. There are people being paid handsomely for promoting it in training programmes. And it is all about beating the competition in a shrinking market and hitting target.

Yes, I've noticed it in stores recently, M&S in particular - I call it providing an irritating customer experience, especially in my home late in the evening!

I hate it too. Its so American, being told 'well done' for placing an order, makes me feel like a schoolboy again. Bugger off

Yes, in my M&S too,the food section in particular. I just want to pay for my few bits and pieces and go, but it's all ---how is my day,have I nearly finished my shopping, is it cold outside,etc. etc. friendly is one thing but automated type chat is just annoying,especially when they take so long to serve people and the queue grows ever longer. Stop the time wasting chit chat and just hurry up and serve everyone so we can get out of there.

Yes, in my M&S too,the food section in particular. I just want to pay for my few bits and pieces and go, but it's all ---how is my day,have I nearly finished my shopping, is it cold outside,etc. etc. friendly is one thing but automated type chat is just annoying,especially when they take so long to serve people and the queue grows ever longer. Stop the time wasting chit chat and just hurry up and serve everyone so we can get out of there.

I whole-heartedly agree with this. I hate it when check-out assistants try to make conversation with you. I am not there for funsies. It is not the highlight of my day. I want it over and done with as quickly as possible. And even worse is when they comment on your groceries. I recently had an assistant say to me "oh that's an easy dinner for you" when I was purchasing a rotisserie chicken! I was both mortified and livid :angry:

To be fair to the sales staff, till operators etc , a lot of big store chains employ mystery shoppers to check staff are being friendly, asking customers if they want stamps, phone top ups and such and the staff get a proper bollocking if found to fall short so they have to behave that way. Its not what customers or staff want but thats how it seems to be.

This is exactly how i feel.

Having worked in retail training for a while, the rise of add-ons and link selling is pushing people over the edge. In one store they had to tell every customer the full refund/exchange policy, then tell them about the special offer at the end of the receipt, then ask for their email address...and all that was after the usual "thanks for waiting, did you find everything you were looking for today, would you like a bag, they're 5p spiel :banghead::banghead::banghead:

And this was relentless, even when there were 10 customers at the counter who could clearly hear what was being said, it still had to be said.

Mystery shopper scores are now more important to the powers that be than sales figures!! Don't get me wrong, customer service is number one in my book and always needs improving, but they're going about it the wrong way. What they need to do is employ a dedicated team to go and trouble shoot. They need people to tell them how it is, how the shop is a mess and specific people are rude and ignorant and have no right being on the shop floor!! Oh and people who don't want to serve you? What's that all about?!! I loved being on tills as it meant I got to chat to people and it was far less physical than the other jobs!! Oh I think I should start my own business, he he!!

Asda winds me up. Walk straight to a cashier with two items and she thanks me for waiting, asks if I have found everything, do I need a hand packing, would I like a bag and do I need cashback. Grr!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I whole-heartedly agree with this. I hate it when check-out assistants try to make conversation with you. I am not there for funsies. It is not the highlight of my day. I want it over and done with as quickly as possible. And even worse is when they comment on your groceries. I recently had an assistant say to me "oh that's an easy dinner for you" when I was purchasing a rotisserie chicken! I was both mortified and livid :angry:

She was basically calling you a lazy cow then. Did she spot the bag of grated cheese and peeled/sliced carrots as well? :giggle:

Having worked in retail training for a while, the rise of add-ons and link selling is pushing people over the edge. In one store they had to tell every customer the full refund/exchange policy, then tell them about the special offer at the end of the receipt, then ask for their email address...and all that was after the usual "thanks for waiting, did you find everything you were looking for today, would you like a bag, they're 5p spiel :banghead::banghead::banghead:

And this was relentless, even when there were 10 customers at the counter who could clearly hear what was being said, it still had to be said.

Which makes the dogged insistence on people using self service tills even more difficult to understand. I HATE those ****** things.

Which makes the dogged insistence on people using self service tills even more difficult to understand. I HATE those ****** things.

On the very rare occasions i use them, i have found them even more irritating than the inane waffle from the cashier at the till.

I don't like a machine barking orders at me.

Same here. I'd rather queue for inane chat!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

BB i do hope your new avatar is you carrying your KH bedspread to the washing machine and not a traumatised sheep.

Latest posts

Back