Who's this Vionic Guy???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
Who is this Vionic Guy? He's familiar looking but not sure if I can take to him or not! He was bit smarmy and OTT with the presenters and just didn't get him selling shoes, lol!

Anyone else know him or have any similar thoughts.

Maybe I just need to get out more!!!!! :mysmilie_13:

Who is this Vionic Guy? He's familiar looking but not sure if I can take to him or not! He was bit smarmy and OTT with the presenters and just didn't get him selling shoes, lol!

Keith Maynard, used to be on the Planet Cruise show on IW.

Maybe I just need to get o

Last edited:
And he popped up on the Diet Chef advert......as a satisfied customer!!

But he did Planet Cruise on IW for years.

I was very surprised to see he was the "Vionic Guy"!

I can't remember seeing him before, but I think he is a wannabe comedian... I prefer his predecessor.

Has he taken over from another man?

I can't remember seeing him before, but I think he is a wannabe comedian... I prefer his predecessor.

Very familiar looking to me and agree he does come across a bit of a smarty, lol! I much preferred the other guy. :mysmilie_1:

The original Aussie guy (whose still in the QVC adverts for Vionic) always used to remind me of Les Patterson. He has so much lip balm on in the ads that he's practically oozing from the mouth. Not a good look. The new guy is an improvement - but they're all basically just sales people repeating what they've been told about the product. Have to say, the product doesn't make much sense to me unless the orthotics are custom made or customizable.

They seem to be getting through their presenters then because it all started with the nice (to me, though I can't remember him wearing a lot of lip balm!! Or being smarmy!) Aussie chap who seemed, or did a v good impression, of being strongly linked the company and/or knowing his stuff and the range...
Then there was an American man, who seemed (in image), slightly cow boyish but okay though I didn't warm to him. Then this new chap turned up. I didn't find him smarmy exactly just a trying a bit too hard and not really knowing his stuff (just spewing blurb). Find it disappointing that someone fronting a brand such as this doesn't have more of a 'foot' or health background...

I liked him last time - he was like a breath of fresh air. Very natural.
But this time he has settled into his patter and is a bit too... um... flirty...

I tried some of their sandles on TDHS, couldn't get them off quick enough. I had been tempted to order from Q, so glad I didn't

Yes I thought I 'kinda' recognised him. I suppose the world of 'selly telly' is an enclosed almost 'cult like' world and if you have the screen presence (or smarminess, take your pick) to be able to 'flog' products to 'punters' then like any good salesperson you can then flog anything to anyone, providing of course you understand the product and have the 'presence of the screen' (or smarminess take your pick) then you can I suppose flog anything. I know the Kipling presenter, whilst she does do an excellent job at presenting the bags, does not actually work for the brand, as I have seen her advertising vitabiotics, so whilst it is obviously a 'good gig' for her she does do other presenting, adverts also. I mean lets face it, if a person is going to be 'indoctertated' into that kind of environment then for the vast majority of them it is going to be as 'showbusinessy' as they are going to get, so they are going to want to keep it going for as long as possible. I mean I see the guy who was selling the toilet brush, has now moved on and is starting to sell home security systems, that is one career that has risen and not been flushed down the pan (sorry I am here all day folks!)

Yes I thought I 'kinda' recognised him. I suppose the world of 'selly telly' is an enclosed almost 'cult like' world and if you have the screen presence (or smarminess, take your pick) to be able to 'flog' products to 'punters' then like any good salesperson you can then flog anything to anyone, providing of course you understand the product and have the 'presence of the screen' (or smarminess take your pick) then you can I suppose flog anything. I know the Kipling presenter, whilst she does do an excellent job at presenting the bags, does not actually work for the brand, as I have seen her advertising vitabiotics, so whilst it is obviously a 'good gig' for her she does do other presenting, adverts also. I mean lets face it, if a person is going to be 'indoctertated' into that kind of environment then for the vast majority of them it is going to be as 'showbusinessy' as they are going to get, so they are going to want to keep it going for as long as possible. I mean I see the guy who was selling the toilet brush, has now moved on and is starting to sell home security systems, that is one career that has risen and not been flushed down the pan (sorry I am here all day folks!)

I agree, it's like Sarah Jagger for example, she's the spokesperson for Laura Geller, she doesn't use LG products, but she's pretty and explains it well (scripted answers and explanations) so I suppose that's all that matters when flogging goods.

I know Sarah will not be 'exclusive' to Laura Geller, but given that she is an international make-up artist (or at least that is how she is introduced), then she probably has some of Laura Geller's make-up in her arsenal (even if it is just one product), because at least then they can get away with saying that she uses her products (notice they have never said that she 'exclusively' use her products)

I know Sarah will not be 'exclusive' to Laura Geller, but given that she is an international make-up artist (or at least that is how she is introduced), then she probably has some of Laura Geller's make-up in her arsenal (even if it is just one product), because at least then they can get away with saying that she uses her products (notice they have never said that she 'exclusively' use her products)

She was interviewed for a magazine (can't remember which one) but it was about what's in her make-up bag and what she uses, she never had one Laura Geller product in it, or mentioned Laura Geller products.

Latest posts

Back