Who does your favourite make up demos on QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh Timber......my favourite! :blush:

Not keen on DuWop lady or Sue Devitt guest. My favourites are Paul Hetherington from Bobbi Brown and Laura Geller. I do love Mally too but find watching Mally and AY together painful as they try to outdo each other shouting. I don't want to put it on mute but there have been occasions when I have when it is really bad!

Just thinking about it, my favourite make up brands happen to be Smashbox, Mally, Bobbi Brown and Laura Geller. :thinking:

That was going to be my next question. What's the relationship between demos and purchases? I find it very odd that I dislike Mally's demo's but keep buying (and loving) her make up!

Ooh The DuWop lady!! :eek: I fear for the models! :eek: She handles them rather roughly I think.

I really used to like shiney headed Kevin fro Prescriptives.
Not make up but I used to buy loads of Philosophy when Lee did the demos but when steely eyed Robyn took over I stopped. I liked Jill from MB, she was so into the products and her descriptions of the smells were sooo funny.

Last edited:
I've never understood DuWop, nothing about it inspires me. Jemma Kidd and The Balm, saw the first shows and same thing there, just something about them that puts me off with no inspiration to buy it.

I don't watch Bare Escentuals normally and so don't buy it. I have watched Cargo but bought it from Boots.

I've also bought Mojave Magic in the past and really liked it and also enjoyed Michael Maron's demo's.

Funny about Mally, I never really liked her demos when she first appeared on QVC but once I ordered the Try Me Kit I have been hooked ever since! Maybe the products speak for themselves.

:eek: How could I forget Models Prefer and Stacey! :eek:

Didn't like ybf though.

Last edited:
:eek: How could I forget Models Prefer and Stacey! :eek:

Didn't like ybf though.

She used to put about ten layers on!!!! Then looked REALLY OTT. But she was such a laugh to watch - I used to watch for the entertainment - rarely bought anything.

My fav at the moment is Paul from Bobbi Brown. But the best ever was Smashbox's Timbre - although my hubby used to hate it when he was on as he didn't like his voice lol

Again this is probably because Smashbox and Bobbi Brown are my favourite make-up brands.

My favourites are SJ from BE and Paul from Bobbi Brown. I find both of them just get on with telling you about the products. All i want to hear when I'm watching make up demos are accurate descriptions of the colours and application techniques. What I don't want to hear is how many A list celebrities use the brand.

Not a fan of Mally or Robot Robyn.Mally is just too ott and Robyn just bores me to tears.

I really used to like shiney headed Kevin fro Prescriptives.
Not make up but I used to buy loads of Philosophy when Lee did the demos but when steely eyed Robyn took over I stopped. I liked Jill from MB, she was so into the products and her descriptions of the smells were sooo funny.

Oh I'd forgotten about Kevin - and Prescriptives. Both used to be favourites of mine. How soon we forget eh? :blush:

I think the young man from Jemma Kidd is very good. He always shows the colours on skin and - crucially - gets the names right, which is more than anyone else seems to be able to do. What's his name - Korben? Good lad. :sun:

Last edited:
My favourites are SJ from BE and Paul from Bobbi Brown. I find both of them just get on with telling you about the products. All i want to hear when I'm watching make up demos are accurate descriptions of the colours and application techniques. What I don't want to hear is how many A list celebrities use the brand.

Not a fan of Mally or Robot Robyn.Mally is just too ott and Robyn just bores me to tears.

Me too chick, me too!

Going back a good few years, Michael Maron from Mojave Magic was good. Another one gone to QVC in heaven without even a word.

Michael sold the company, he was in bad health and could no longer work. Then he started RedPoint but never actually appeared on QVC here on the US. Again think it was bad health. I still have one of his palettes!!!!:bow: Hey its powder so keeps forever. Eyeshadow duo and blush is a lovely warm peachy shades.

Daniel I met in person and he was so sweet and lovely. I got a hug.:happy: Timber I would no doubt have been a drooling mess. I did know someone who was trained by him and he was the lovely and so friendly it seems.

Not sure if the makeup artists on QVC have the time to do it properly but some do make a real dog's ear of it.

I loved watching Stacey (MF) doing her make up, I also like watching SJ (BE) she never seem to overdo anything, Paul (BB) is also watchable, I find Mally a bit too manic to watch. LG is ok to watch, but she has never managed to sell me anything.

I used to enjoy the "In the salon with Alison" show with the models applying the make up to themselves; it was more representative of how the textures and colours would blend in the hands oif an ordinary mortal. It talked me out of buying on more than one occasion watching Tanya, Amika or Jo trying and failing to blend an eye shadow or blush. AY used to explain it away by saying that models can't apply make up as they're too perfect or they're used to having it applied for them! Yeah right!

These shows don't seem to crop up as regularly these days

Jude xx

I've never understood DuWop, nothing about it inspires me. Jemma Kidd and The Balm, saw the first shows and same thing there, just something about them that puts me off with no inspiration to buy it.

I don't watch Bare Escentuals normally and so don't buy it. I have watched Cargo but bought it from Boots.

I've also bought Mojave Magic in the past and really liked it and also enjoyed Michael Maron's demo's.

Funny about Mally, I never really liked her demos when she first appeared on QVC but once I ordered the Try Me Kit I have been hooked ever since! Maybe the products speak for themselves.

Mojave Magic is the brand I miss most - I loved the "everywhere colour"

I do wish they'd bring it all back
:sad:

I think Helen Keller would have been great at doing make-up demos on QVC.

:smirk:

... borderline! :sweat:

Only borderline? :angel:

I mean no disrespect to Ms Keller: it's just that some of the "afters" in the make-up hours leave the poor models looking like their auditioning for Billy Smart's Circus.

And it's not for the high-wire act.

smashbox never inspired me but i was in debenhams yesterday and the lovely young assisatant did a mini makeover on me. loved the halo.
this brand looks much better in real life than on the tv.

as much as i enjoy mally, doing a makeover on a made up model does nothing to sell the brand to me. i think she does it like this as she looks as if she takes an age to achieve the fab looks on the models and presenters but this puts me off as i have not got an age to put makeup on.

Latest posts

Back