Who buys this stuff??????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The presenter was with a load of women and they were spraying it and she said ā€œjust to point out that it doesnā€™t smell intimate ā€œ I had to turn off it was awful ā€¦ canā€™t think of the regular presenters name šŸ™ˆ but I thought fgs please just stop now thereā€™s no need ā€¦
Alex Kramer ?

All the 50+ presenters / BAā€™s / guests ,are in their element, being right on trend, proudly talking of their menopausal symptoms ( hot sweats, foggy brain , tiredness etc) at every turn. But what of the poor 30 - 40 somethings who havenā€™t reached the dizzy heights of menopause yet?? Never fear! the ā€˜peri menopause ā€˜ has been invented especially so they donā€™t feel left out! If I hear Katy Pullinger and Alex Kramer proudly announce that they are peri menopause any more, I shall scream! I havenā€™t noticed any older presenters/BAā€™s (Julia, Iā€™m thinking of you) proudly announcing that they are post menopausal though!

Alex Kramer ?
Whilst I'm not in the slightest bit interested in programmes or discussion on this subject, the thread on here prompted me to look at the segment shown yesterday. By chance of timing they were talking about this spray and showing how it could be sprayed upside down. All the better to reach your nether regions!
Ladies, don't fall for any of this rubbish. The Menopause is a newly-discovered marketing ploy and just another gravy train for "celebrities" to jump on.

Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again ā€¦ā€¦ how on earth did women cope going through the menopause before all this non-stop talk about it? I was one of the lucky ones because I didnā€™t really have any issues and coped with it all but Iā€™d have gone to a doctor for professional help if I had had any problems, not a shopping channel or a ā€œcelebrity.ā€

I wonder what the next ā€œjump on the bandwagonā€ thing will be? šŸ¤”

All the 50+ presenters / BAā€™s / guests ,are in their element, being right on trend, proudly talking of their menopausal symptoms ( hot sweats, foggy brain , tiredness etc) at every turn. But what of the poor 30 - 40 somethings who havenā€™t reached the dizzy heights of menopause yet?? Never fear! the ā€˜peri menopause ā€˜ has been invented especially so they donā€™t feel left out! If I hear Katy Pullinger and Alex Kramer proudly announce that they are peri menopause any more, I shall scream! I havenā€™t noticed any older presenters/BAā€™s (Julia, Iā€™m thinking of you) proudly announcing that they are post menopausal though!
Next, thereā€™ll be a new show dedicated solely to the perimenopause - or rather products you absolutely need for the perimenopause - because the menopause shows and must-have products for that arenā€™t quite where these perimenopausal women of all genders are yet.

Next, thereā€™ll be a new show dedicated solely to the perimenopause - or rather products you absolutely need for the perimenopause - because the menopause shows and must-have products for that arenā€™t quite where these perimenopausal women of all genders are yet.
There is now some gibberish NHS category called "People who Menstruate".

What IS perimenapause? These "new" words leave me floundering. But me and my mates never made a "thing" of it. We might have sat wafting ourselves but we just carried on. Now it's huge business - Davina McCall must be coining it after she discovered it.

When my mum was pregnant and many friends who were expecting 40 odd years ago, they never mentioned another "new" word ..... trimester. Then there is the "triage" nurse. Words that weren't in our vocabulary not so long ago.

What IS perimenapause? These "new" words leave me floundering. But me and my mates never made a "thing" of it. We might have sat wafting ourselves but we just carried on. Now it's huge business - Davina McCall must be coining it after she discovered it.

When my mum was pregnant and many friends who were expecting 40 odd years ago, they never mentioned another "new" word ..... trimester. Then there is the "triage" nurse. Words that weren't in our vocabulary not so long ago.
You are so right, Brissles. I was one of the lucky ones with very few menopause symptoms, as was my mother. But some of my friends must have had symptoms and just got on with it because they never mentioned it. Would it have helped them if they had? I don't know, any more than I don't know if it would have helped me if I'd have broadcast the terrible period pains (as bad as childbirth) I had to put up with. What I do know is that at least I didn't inflict my problems on others and I'm sure nobody else would have wanted to hear me going on about it.

Latest posts

Back