Who buys this stuff??????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can honestly say I've never taken anything for Menopause. I mean I was a bit hot now and again but that was about it. I don't know why it didn't seem to affect me I just felt my normal self. There are so many products sold at huge prices - surely you can just go to your GP and get something prescribed?

CC

I asked my doctor about HRT, and he said he did not like to prescribe unless really necessary.
A friend refused to take it and went to Holland and Barrett and got something called Black Coshose ???? She said it did help her night sweats.

As I have said before, I had an over active thyroid and just sailed through mine. I was angry a lot, but I have always been p*ssed off by many things since a teenager. My mum used to say I was a grumpy b*tch! I did have a hot flush now and then, but it lasted all of 30 seconds if that, just felt a bit hot.

The documentary did start with the so-called miracle tables and supplements, which of course total rubbish. The centre run by the doctor really made me angry, doing so much harm to women and of course because she goes on This Morning pushing her crap people trust her.

Why do some women automatically assume they'll need HRT? It seems like it's pushed by the media/retailers/pharma that everyone takes it because that's "what you do". It's a bit like assuming that everyone is going to have to sell their house and go in a care home when they get to a certain stage of life.

Of course HRT helps lots of women but I seem to be the only one I know (of my age) that's never taken it.

CC

Why do some women automatically assume they'll need HRT? It seems like it's pushed by the media/retailers/pharma that everyone takes it because that's "what you do". It's a bit like assuming that everyone is going to have to sell their house and go in a care home when they get to a certain stage of life.

Of course HRT helps lots of women but I seem to be the only one I know (of my age) that's never taken it.

CC
I've never taken it CC. I did enquire about it as I thought it might help my 'aches and pains'. but the doctor said I was too old - mid 50s at the time I think - and it wouldn't do any good, so I just plod along. I'm sure most women could get along without it, but like you say the media seems to support the theory that everyone needs it and it will do some good, despite the contra warnings that seemed to be quite widely spoken about some years ago but now seem to have disappeared.

CC
I think you just have to tough it out, it doesn't last forever. I had the hot flushes, night sweats, anxiety and rage the only thing I was offered by my Doctor was antidepressants as apparently I could not be menopausal at 43 therefore I was just depressed! I was pissed off, but not depressed. Obviously didn't take the tablets and got through it, not a great time but over long time ago now.

CC
No I was advised not to buy my GP many years ago. I suffered with migraines and after keeping a diary they were connected to my periods. She told me that they would continue if I took HRT.

I've never taken it CC. I did enquire about it as I thought it might help my 'aches and pains'. but the doctor said I was too old - mid 50s at the time I think - and it wouldn't do any good, so I just plod along. I'm sure most women could get along without it, but like you say the media seems to support the theory that everyone needs it and it will do some good, despite the contra warnings that seemed to be quite widely spoken about some years ago but now seem to have disappeared.
I've neighbours in their 70's still taking HRT and even though their GP has told them to come off they are refusing to(?)

And bone strength I believe
Maybe that's why I've just been diagnosed with Osteoporosis,I still won't be taking HRT.
Got an appointment with the GP tomorrow see what he says.
I did see the notes about my not getting enough calcium but since I had COVID exactly two years ago I have found a lot of foods I can't seem to eat or like anymore.🥺

Latest posts

Back