Who annoys you??

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How could I have forgot this one :doh:

LULU !!!

I have personal experience of her. Not a nice person at all :down: I wouldn't buy her stuff on principal to put cash into her greedy mitts.

come on dish the dirt :mysmilie_486:. Be like everyone else on this thread - don't hold back :giggle::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

I must say that I am fairly "laid back" about the foibles and eccentricities of most presenters, guests and models. Beth does get on my nerves a bit but she lost her father a few months ago from a nasty illness and surgery so I'm going easy on her atm.

BUT (ahh, you knew there must be one), I really struggle with the men. I enjoy watching Anthony - he is always informative and pleasant without the hard sell and big ego. Charlie I don't mind at all, some of his smarminess seems " tongue in cheek". Julian is an amusing buffoon but gets on my nerves always putting the emphasis on the wrong words. Dale and Simon are just too smarmy and so obviously completely insincere (at least the others disguise it).

But my prize for the presenter who really really makes me cringe is Craig. I echo everything that has been said about him on this thread.

OK, here goes:

The double act of model Frankie and the woman from Freeze 24/7. The guest's very large hands freak me out.

The older lady who models for Ojon with her wobbly head and manic smiles.

Kathy Tayler with her scratchy old lady voice, stuttering and constant mistakes.

GLEN - aaargh!

The Prai woman with her weird accent and equally strange outfits.

And my pet hate is the model with the short blonde hair (she's in an Elemis ad) because she has really cold eyes. She's also in a Clairol hair ad, playing a beeyatch (bet she's really a nice person but her TV persona really bugs me!).

Last edited:
Dame Liz Earle..fake, patronising, hard nosed business woman, who without the help of a film of rice pudding on the camera lens, looks every bit as real as the rest of us her age!!

Claire faux Sutton..her on screen persona is contrived and ridiculous..a bit like Barbara windsor in a carry on film.The target audience can read and write,which places most of us above pre school age!
Her attitude is silly and immature.

Charlie..creep of the highest order
Alexis..superior and snooty
Goody..rats tail hair and irritating modelly moves
Joy..model,curvy and lovely but sheesh those boobs are like two exocet missiles..release the bra straps a bit love!
Janey... slap my arse I slap your face!!

Alison Young..old fashioned out of date opinionated beauty sales woman
Keeley..talk a glass eye to sleep with rubbish claims about ridiculous wrinkle removing ingredients..whilst actually looking quite wrinkled!

What a great post.

In terms of models I would have to say:

Sharon - The stares at the camera, the hand movements, its very scary
Renee - loves herself and when its a Butler & Wilson show its a love in between him, Julia, and Renee
Theres another model but I dont know her name, she does the B& W shows too, scary starey woman

I dont mind the rest of the models.

As far as guest experts go;

Kelly Hoppen - Could anyone sound more depressing? I like her products but my word she is boring.

The little man that sells home cleaning, little irritating man

Dawn Bibby - Its craft items, not a medical cure. lighten up!!

Jane from slim and lift - Market stall, say no more.

Kim Mendalwhatever - Get this woman some oxyegen

Presenters;

Jill I am loving not listening to the guest, Franks - she looks like she needs a good dinner.

Julia - I used to really like her but I cant watch her anymore, the self promotion is annoying and she is starting to look a bit, tired.

Debbie Flint - The cast of Oliver Twist are missing one.

So many more, so little time.

Oh, just one more...Glen........

That Nina Lennard man. He treats the models like manequins the way he mans handles them and turns them around to show their backsides, like pieces of meat. And the way he always has to stand next to the models with the clothing in other colours.
Craig-acts like a childrens tv presenter.
Debbie Flint, pretending to be shocked at introductory prices and prices in general always winds me up. I find her fake most of the time.
Jill Franks, always talking about herself constantly is so boring, how she loves pink, large rings, shopping, shopping stories, hanbags, shoes....and having private jokes with the staff off camera.
And I always think that Jilly haliday is so old fashioned, her hair long and straight her clothes 1980's, not piercing her ears. She has such good skin, she could look fantastic.

That Nina Lennard man. He treats the models like manequins the way he mans handles them and turns them around to show their backsides, like pieces of meat. And the way he always has to stand next to the models with the clothing in other colours.
Craig-acts like a childrens tv presenter.
Debbie Flint, pretending to be shocked at introductory prices and prices in general always winds me up. I find her fake most of the time.
Jill Franks, always talking about herself constantly is so boring, how she loves pink, large rings, shopping, shopping stories, hanbags, shoes....and having private jokes with the staff off camera.
And I always think that Jilly haliday is so old fashioned, her hair long and straight her clothes 1980's, not piercing her ears. She has such good skin, she could look fantastic.

Have you ever seen Jilly's skin close up...not good,very lined.I was shocked :(

I've seen her skin as close as the other presenters. It looks like she has the best skin, after Alison young, or so I thought.

Have to agree about Liz Earle. There is somethoing about that woman I dislike intensely but I like her products. I prefer Caroline. She seems more genuine.

Simon Biagi. Matches well with Jill Franks as looks like a good meal would do him the world of good.:wonder:

Oh Good God. Just switched on & who is the first person I see. LULU !!:devil: Advertising her stuff.

And I've thought of a model. Melintha. Miserable looking girl.Does the make up.

I wonder if they read this at QVC:grin:

ooh How could I have forgotten the furminator guy.... he's so hyper 'look at this' 'look at this'

the other one is a woman who sells stuff and describes everything as fantastic, incredible, brilliant all the time. like every other word is about how brilliant it is... beverley Cressman, but I find her so insincere.and usually what she is selling is tat

Last edited:
Can't say too many annoy me but, that Freeze 24/7 woman I can't bear! Have to switch off when she's on.

As for the models the only one is Bula, I don't know what it is but, she is so irritating, always seems to me like she doesn't want to be there.

On the whole presenters models etc - I wouldn't ever say I hated any of them - I have gripes with them, but don't we all?

What annoys me more than anything is T-Callers.

'And on the line now we've got Betty from Bolton - hello Betty'

'Oh hullo - there - I'm so glad I got through to talk to ye - did ye get me letters? I've been writing to you EVERY DAY since 1997...?'

'Oh...yes...I...um...must thank you for your kindess, I'm sorry I haven't replied, but I've been so busy having a life...'

'That's ok dear - the reason I'm ringing in is to tell ye that this face cream you're showing now, the one with extract of urine in it, well, it's fair saved me life so it has. I put it on day and night and it's cured my pancreatitis - my consultant said he'd never seen anything like it...'

'Of course we can't make any medical claims for any product at QVC - but I'm so glad you've had a result from it...'

'I have - I'm goin' into hospickle next week to have my head cut off, and I'll be shoor to take it with me...'

'That's great Betty, and I wish you continued good health after you've had your head removal...'

'Thank ye kindly - y'know, I lost all me family in a plane crash over Christmas, they came down over Lytham St Annes and all that remained of the plane was its bumper sticker...and it's only watching QVC that's kept me goin' - yousesguyses are like a family to me..'

'I'm so sorry to hear that - tell me what do you think of this item we're showing you now...?'

'The anti-aging serum with bulls*** compound? I use it every day...wouldn't be without it...'

'That's great, oh well, it's been lovely to talk to you Betty...do keep in touch...and perhaps ring us again after you've had your operation..'

'Ah will, thank ye...take care now...byee byeee byeee byyeeeee'

'Bye bye. bye bye...'

That kind of thing

:bandit: ...

Last edited:
I particularly dislike the hatchet faced Kirks Folly woman. 'Folly' is a really good name for her market stall tat sold at uber inflated prices.
There is a real element of preying on the vulnerable about it all { ditto Uri{ne} Geller }

Can't say the models bother me much on the whole, although I particularly like Tanya who seems a sensible sort and find Beth quite the opposite... Re presenters, I like Pipa and am fairly neutral towards most of the others but not keen on the market stall style of DF and then there is GF who seems desperate to have an important role in life but not yet found her niche. As for the men, I wish they would wake Charlie up before putting him on air. Guests: Have to turn the Prai woman off and several others whose personalities overshadow the products.

I know we all have our favourite presenters that make us cringe but for me its some of the models........
How I wish Rene wasn't wheeled out for every B&W show. She really seems to model herself on Katie Price. Also equally annoying is the blonde girl whose name escapes me but has her own Quacker Show advert at the moment!!! Shes normally on the Smashbox make up shows.
I would think that both wouldn't fit into Qvc's image with their rather dodgy 'pre QVC modelling past'!!!

I must agree Rene does get on my wick; when she first appeared I thought she had been drafted in at the last minute because she looked really bored and miserable like the whole thing of 'telly shopping' just wasn't her bag. Definitely an 80's looking girl she wouldn't go a miss in a Duran Duran video.

As for the blond girl on the Quacker advert, I've always found her a bit strange her nose seems to flare in a very odd way when she smiles. I first noticed her with Laura Geller and also lately she seems to have lost weight and not too well; her look has definitely changed.

On the whole presenters models etc - I wouldn't ever say I hated any of them - I have gripes with them, but don't we all?

'Oh hullo - there - I'm so glad I got through to talk to ye - did ye get me letters? I've been writing to you EVERY DAY since 1997...?'

'Oh...yes...I...um...must thank you for your kindess, I'm sorry I haven't replied, but I've been so busy having a life...'

'That's ok dear - the reason I'm ringing in is to tell ye that this face cream you're showing now, the one with extract of urine in it, well, it's fair saved me life so it has. I put it on day and night and it's cured my pancreatitis - my consultant said he'd never seen anything like it...'

'Of course we can't make any medical claims for any product at QVC - but I'm so glad you've had a result from it...'

'I have - I'm goin' into hospickle next week to have my head cut off, and I'll be shoor to take it with me...'

'That's great Betty, and I wish you continued good health after you've had your head removal...'

'Thank ye kindly - y'know, I lost all me family in a plane crash over Christmas, they came down over Lytham St Annes and all that remained of the plane was its bumper sticker...and it's only watching QVC that's kept me goin' - yousesguyses are like a family to me..'

'I'm so sorry to hear that - tell me what do you think of this item we're showing you now...?'

'The anti-aging serum with bulls*** compound? I use it every day...wouldn't be without it...'

'That's great, oh well, it's been lovely to talk to you Betty...do keep in touch...and perhaps ring us again after you've had your operation..'

'Bye bye. bye bye...'

That kind of thing

LOL!! This is priceless cavegirl. Thank you for the laugh :mysmilie_508:

Some of you on here would make great comedy script writers....I'm sure xx

'Bye bye. bye bye...'

That kind of thing

Very funny and so true!!

You should have had a warning at the beginning, I almost sprayed tea everywhere reading that!! LOL :grin:

Beth would have been one of my main annoyances but I cannot in conscience poke fun at her having read this which was posted here a while ago. Unlike some people it's not me me me, she related her father's suffering to help support a cause, not to look for attention for herself.

Latest posts

Back