Which QVC cosmetic brand is the best?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

smashbox is good apart from the mascara which in my opinion is terrible. i do not like laura gellar. i think the brushes shed and are rough. i think if you like the idea of mineral makeup there are much better one's than bare escentuals. it sounds like you have a reaction to the bismuth in Bare escentuals. that also makes the skin very shiny which can be very ageing. perhaps try another brand without that in. i do think smashbox is the best quality and the most affordable QVC brand

Another vote for Prescriptives and Bobbi Brown

Oh how I wish they'd do a TSV in one of these!!!!! :manic:

When I have seen Bobby Brown do make up they always look like Aunt Sally with really bright pink round cheeks - not a good look in my opinion

I love Bobbi Brown cosmetics. It really does give a clean, fresh look and you only look like Aunt Sally if you are wearing too much of the wrong colour blusher.

agree with the smashbox recs but also cosmetics a la carte is great although QVC doesn't seem to do much of it anymore - but their website is great - real good quality makeup:)

Sorry to bother you again Karina,

Have you used the smashbox o-glow - this looks good, I like the sound of the lip gloss but how would you use the blush - I find that if you put a liquid or cream onto a powder foundation (use halo) then it goes all yukky. I tend to therefore stick to a powder blush.

Any suggestions??

Rose

I use and love the oglow,it's so easy to use and doesn't cause any problems at all over the top of foundation as you really only need to use the tiniest amount of it. I have heard people say to apply it with a brush, and I do apply all my makeup with a brush apart from the oglow, i find it is easy to apply too much using a brush. I just put a tiny little bit on the end of my middle finger and sweep it along the apples of my cheeks, it's quite a thick liquid and as I said as you only need a tiny little bit it won't interfere with your foundation at all.

I have applied it over foundation and under halo, over foundation and halo, under just halo, and over just halo, and on bare skin, and it always gives a wonderfully natural look. I hate overmade up looks, especially too much blusher, and this is perfect for me as it really just gives the merest hint of a natural blush. I was disappointed at the size of the tube when it first arrived, it was so tiny, but it lasts aaaagggggeeeeessss!!!!!

Last edited:
Laura Geller Baked goodies are my fave. I love the baked eye liner - easy to apply and stays on all day. Also love Fran Wilson lip glosses and Mari de Luigi's powder.

Wish QVC would do some Urban Decay - I love the Midnight Cowboy eye shadow :)

smashbox is good apart from the mascara which in my opinion is terrible. i do not like laura gellar. i think the brushes shed and are rough. i think if you like the idea of mineral makeup there are much better one's than bare escentuals. it sounds like you have a reaction to the bismuth in Bare escentuals. that also makes the skin very shiny which can be very ageing. perhaps try another brand without that in. i do think smashbox is the best quality and the most affordable QVC brand

Totally agree with you about the bismuth in the Bare Escentials: I remember wearing this brand, before I knew about the bismuth issue, and got this weird sheen and beads of perspiration on my upper lip as though my skin was trying hard to breath! So, I went off it and returned to liquid/cream foundations. Thanks Molly for pointing out that there better mineral makeup options out there (I'd given up on this type, but will check out the other brands). The natural sun protection and lack of other 'nasties' in the formulations make them an attractive type of foundation: like a foundation and powder all in one.

I use and love the oglow,it's so easy to use and doesn't cause any problems at all over the top of foundation as you really only need to use the tiniest amount of it. I have heard people say to apply it with a brush, and I do apply all my makeup with a brush apart from the oglow, i find it is easy to apply too much using a brush. I just put a tiny little bit on the end of my middle finger and sweep it along the apples of my cheeks, it's quite a thick liquid and as I said as you only need a tiny little bit it won't interfere with your foundation at all.

I have applied it over foundation and under halo, over foundation and halo, under just halo, and over just halo, and on bare skin, and it always gives a wonderfully natural look. I hate overmade up looks, especially too much blusher, and this is perfect for me as it really just gives the merest hint of a natural blush. I was disappointed at the size of the tube when it first arrived, it was so tiny, but it lasts aaaagggggeeeeessss!!!!!

Thanks Tootsie,

Will now definately give it a go - it looks good - hope it is in the tsv next month, if not the credit card will get even more of a bashing.

Have you tried the o-gloss too??

No I've not tried the ogloss, I have so many lipsticks and lipglosses that I've said I'm not buying any more until I've used a few more of them up. I think I've about 15 not even opened yet:eek: I'm an addict!

Thanks Tootsie,

Will now definately give it a go - it looks good - hope it is in the tsv next month, if not the credit card will get even more of a bashing.

Have you tried the o-gloss too??

I have the OGloss and it's one of the nicest I own, and I own lots, it has a nice texture and goes to the colour that suits your skin. It's actually clear in the tube.

Smashbox for me! It's the only brand I continually use - and their TSVs are amazing value. For individual items though, it is probably cheaper (and quicker!!) for you to buy them from Just Beauty Direct. I've dabbled with Laura Geller and Bare Escentuals but not sure I would re-purchase them again. In the past I have used Bobby Brown as well (bought from a store) and I was always very pleased with the results so may be worth looking at that line too.

Latest posts

Back