Where is Amica?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

youre suggesting i should have been laying off Amica before i knew she was ill Hoodie? get stuffed sweetheart.

Vile to the core here was me thinking you would have felt bad for the insult but that would be too much to hope for I see.

Amica will be added to my prayers and I hope her Ali and anyone else affected have a speedy recovery.

Vile to the core here was me thinking you would have felt bad for the insult but that would be too much to hope for I see.

teessvee - shove it you dimwit.
if no one was allowed to criticise anyone on ST.com in the fear that they may one day get sick then i'm afraid ST.com wouldn't exist. get real.

Last edited:

That's a tad unfair: I'm sure we've ALL said not very flattering things about people on TV.

If we're going to get upset because people who are insulted get ill, then we shouldn't insult anyone: after all, we're all going to die sooner or later.

And insulting someone because they've insulted someone else seems a tad... wrong to me.

If anything, I'm the one who should apologise since I decided to rib BB over his comment at a time and place that wasn't exactly "right"; but since I have now "gotten stuffed" there's not much point.

The main thing is that Amica beats her illness and gets back on screen so we can see her wince from having too much PRAI space dust applied to her poor face :nod:

teessvee - shove it you dimwit.
if no one was allowed to criticise anyone on this thread in the fear that they may one day get sick then i'm afraid ST.com wouldn't exist. get real.

You are the one resorting to name calling and insults, makes you the dimwit if you ask me

You are the one resorting to name calling and insults, makes you the dimwit if you ask me

just one minute youre the one who started with the "vile to the core". how ****** DARE you say that when i didnt know the girl was sick. if everyone on here is going to be classed as "vile to the core" for making personal comments about people on QVC then you just condemned a good 50% of the posters on here. how dare you.

Can we calm this right down?

BB: I apologise for bringing up your earlier comment - it was tacky and I'm sorry I drew attention to it under the circumstances.

teessvee: BB is angry because of MY actions that have understandably embarrassed him. It's not like he insulted Amica after we found out about her health issues.

If anything Ali K's and Amica's health issues have proven - life's too short to throw it away on pointless sniping at each other on here.

Night all.

Last edited:
Can we calm this right down?

BB: I apologise for bringing up your earlier comment - it was tacky and I'm sorry I drew attention to it under the circumstances.

teessvee: BB is angry because of MY actions that have understandably embarrassed him. It's not like he insulted Amica after we found out about her health issues.

If anything Ali K's and Amica's health issues have proven - life's too short to throw it away on pointless sniping at each other on here.

Night all.

The comment you made gave BB the chance to say something along the lines of, Oops that was badly timed sorry for the insult and get well soon. Instead of which he then insulted you into the bargain. Just shows no class if you ask me. If people want to spend their time on here all day ripping people apart I feel sorry for them but that is their choice, I just thought that anyone with a heart would have taken that opportunity to show some consideration.

the comment i made about Amica's ankles was made BEFORE it was revealed that she was ill. there's no question of bad timing. my timing was fine thanks.

you seem to have a problem with me, i'm sorry about that but if you think for one moment that i was being disrespectful to someone who is ill then youre way off. and then some.

Of course you wouldn't say anything derogatory BB after finding out someone is ill - as none of us would. Anyone with a modicum of sense would have realised that just by reading the order of the threads printed.

We all banter with each other, and in the main is all done in good humour - taking the P out of the presenters is all part of the fun; some of the forumites could be scriptwriters for a tv comedy serious they are sooo funny; but 'vile to the core' is strong stuff indeed and went way beyond what we are all about on here.

My thoughts go out to Amica and her little family, wishing her a complete recovery. X

thanks for the info Donna...I hadn't even missed Amica with not watching very much these days, I do wish her well.

Amica must live near me as I've seen her in my local Sainsburys.

How awful that another QVC "face" has breast cancer. It just goes to show how prolific the ****** stuff is. I really hope she beats it. That really is sad news.

So very saddened to hear this news Amica. I wish you all the very best, I'm sure you will beat this. My thoughts go out ot you & your family & hope to see you back on our screens very soon.:heart:

I am thoroughly disgusted at the bitching on this thread. This is about a girl who has been diagnosed with a life threatening disease & all some of you can do is flaunt your egos & act like kids in a school playground. Shame on you !!

Last edited:
I wonder whether we would have heard anything at all about Amika had it not been for this thread? AY's announcement seemed to be in response to Q's about Amika's whereabouts and it seemed to be quite a throw-away comment from AY as tho Amika were just away on holiday or having her tonsils out. I'd be surprised if AY's announcement came in response to lots of telephone enquiries.

I'd also be very surprised if QVC return to the BCC events of old now that 2 of their own have been affected. They're in the lifestyle-selling business: a fluffy shangrila world where no one has seriously unpleasant illnesses, bad habits or money worries.

Love to Amika's family, she has a daughter called Isadora (possibly another daughter too I loose track), a partner, parents, siblings, who knows? They're probably struggling to come to terms with the disease too and my thoughts are with them too.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back