Where do you hide your guilty purchases?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Are you like me who buys something, then feels guilty when it arrives, and don't want to admit to partner/friend/children/parents/etc that you've bought it?

Then you have to hide it somewhere, which makes it difficult to use it (sometimes hiding it so well that you forget you've got it). I have this problem with a Bamix I've just bought, see the Ideal World forum (wash my mouth out with soap lol).

What have you bought then hidden away?

oh my god, I stash my packages everywhere!

I even have them delivered to work so I can unpack them there and the get it home in my handbag without anybody knowing!!

I usually only order the beauty products so its relatively easy for me to hide!

Under the bed is another great hiding place or in my underwear drawer (unopened of course and its all clean in there!!)

The list in endless....but the bottom line is, if I need to hide it, I will!!

Hi. Luckily/unluckily I don't have this problem as my husband is totally oblivious to anything around him in the home...carpets that need vacing, dusty tv screens, windows that you can't see out of, boxes piling up in the corner... the list could go on and on.

I once planned a huge suprise party for him in our home. Spent weeks shopping and smuggling in boxes of goodies like new crockery, glasses, table decorations, food, drinks, and he didn't notice a thing. :happy::happy::happy:

I don't have to hide any purchases, although I've bought nothing for nearly two months, as I'm newly divorced and live alone. However, when I was married I doubt he'd have noticed parcels arriving anyway.

BUT I do have a superb stockpile of beauty items stashed away/hidden in a large box in a cupboard. I could set up my own 'beauty parlour' with the amount I've got, thanks to my earlier fixation with clicking on anything I thought would be good to have, and I'm embarrassed to admit that 99% of those purchases remain unopened or virtually unused.

Usually my beauty purchases go straight into a wardrobe unless I have 'fessed up in advance, or hubby has intercepted parcel.
If ever questioned state "I'm getting stuff for Christmas presents, never too early to start preparing" and hope that said purchase will not be interrogated further as to what it is, who it's for, how much it cost...

Hi. Luckily/unluckily I don't have this problem as my husband is totally oblivious to anything around him in the home...carpets that need vacing, dusty tv screens, windows that you can't see out of, boxes piling up in the corner... the list could go on and on.

I once planned a huge suprise party for him in our home. Spent weeks shopping and smuggling in boxes of goodies like new crockery, glasses, table decorations, food, drinks, and he didn't notice a thing. :happy::happy::happy:

SNAP !!! My husband hasn't a clue. I can wear a top etc several times & he will then say'' is that new ?''

Usually my beauty purchases go straight into a wardrobe unless I have 'fessed up in advance, or hubby has intercepted parcel.
If ever questioned state "I'm getting stuff for Christmas presents, never too early to start preparing" and hope that said purchase will not be interrogated further as to what it is, who it's for, how much it cost...

Snap - thought it was only devious old me who did this! Strange but I never 'remember' to give these 'presents' away lol. That said I found two Elemis TSV's from last year sometime unopened when I was looking for somewhere to store the two I ordered before Christmas - and then I need to find space for this one:giggle:

Good grief! Another one who thought they were the only ones to do this sort of thing. Items like clothes, make up, jewellery don't really need to be hidden as they're quite small, so as long as I get the parcel smuggled in without him seeing it's fine. I have got a small food processor hidden at the bottom of my wardrobe. I used to hide my purchases behind the removable bath panel, but we've recently had a new bathroom fitted and the panel is fixed so that's put paid to all that!

I'd really love to try the Starchef thing they advertise on the infomercial channel, but it's far too big and bulky to hide, there's no way OH would agree to me buying one, even though they're half price at the minute.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hide everything I buy, but a lot of it I do lol!

Oh, and the xmas/birthday present excuse is always a good standby!....I've even been known to say that's odd, I haven't ordered anything, and hope he'll forget the parcel sitting in the hallway!

Last edited:
I'd really love to try the Starchef thing they advertise on the infomercial channel, but it's far too big and bulky to hide, there's no way OH would agree to me buying one, even though they're half price at the minute.

!

I've got the Starchef - picked it up in the Birchwood outlet.

I got it on the understanding I got rid of my steamer and my two slow cookers! So far it's just an addition to my kitchen gadgets, but that's ok as my husband is a foodie person too so I get away with most things to do with cooking.

It's the slap I have to hide - and it is quite embarrassing how much I have, and when it's stashed here and there it's hard to remember what's there.

I've got the Starchef - picked it up in the Birchwood outlet.

I got it on the understanding I got rid of my steamer and my two slow cookers! So far it's just an addition to my kitchen gadgets, but that's ok as my husband is a foodie person too so I get away with most things to do with cooking.

It's the slap I have to hide - and it is quite embarrassing how much I have, and when it's stashed here and there it's hard to remember what's there.

That's my problem, well it's great really 'cause he's a fantastic cook, and what's more he really enjoys cooking, but this does mean that the kitchen is "his" domain. He has no time for silly gadgets advertised on the shopping channels and simply won't entertain buying into any of it! The kitchen is well equipped ie big food processor...I'm too scared to use, big slow cooker..wouldn't even know where to start, expensive pans I'm half scared to use in case I ruin them. I'm not the best cook, but wouldn't mind doing a bit more in the kitchen. I have no knife skills, so these little gadgets would be great for me. He did allow me to keep the magic bullet though. A few years ago, he was watching informercial tv with me and I persuaded him that we couldn't live without one.Against his better judgement he ordered it, and of course he was totally unimpressed as it didn't do everything to perfection in 10 seconds or less, in fact it didn't actually do half the things it was supposed to do at all..however, because I liked it for smoothies he allowed me to keep it as it doesn't take up much room, but he made me get rid of most of the attachments!

Because it's usually beauty products, i have to hide them. I separate kits and hide anywhere OH doesn't look. Plenty of places now its just us two and I have spare places:giggle:

My dear departed mum taught me many many important things - two of them were:- the back of your wardrobe is the best place for parcels/shopping, bring them out at a later date and then say "I've had that for ages darling have you not noticed it before?" he does that a couple of times, then feels so guilty he doesn't bother you again, or at least thinks before he speaks. Secondly, keep a wee bit back from your wages every month for yourself, keep it in an account or again at the back of the wardrobe and that will fund the stash of makeup/clothes etc that also sits at the back of the wardrobe.

Now, the small problem I have is if QVC deliveries arrive when he's at home and I'm at work (only happens on a Monday or Tuesday so if a TSV is on a weekend I'm praying for a late delivery !) Unfortunately, and quite sadly, I'm on first name terms now with the delivery lady so when she delivers when I'm not at home she's like "Oh hello, another parcel for Scruff".

Hubby wonders how anyone can need so much makeup, handbags, shoes, clothes, beauty cream ........ the list goes on. Its a man thing - they just don't get it. :happy:

Latest posts

Back