Where are Debbie Greenwood & Julian Ballantyne?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm really sorry she's gone but I think she was a tad rebellious for their corporate image which is changing to an even blander shade of beige. If they get too bland, they'll just disappear into the background. But who next, I wonder?

I notice a lot of new, young very pretty models in shows now. I think this is a good thing. I'd love to see some replacements for certain presenters that have been built in with the bricks. Mwa ha ha....(stroking villainous moustache). Out with the old, in with the new.

The Q has added an update on Debbie Greenwood's blog, confirming her departure from the channel. She is, apparently, leaving the business - somehow, I don't think so - to concentrate on other projects. Whilst it is good that the Q has finally deigned to acknowledge that she is no longer working for QVC, I feel that we are all right in assuming it was not in the best of circumstances. Quite a succinct, but terse, few lines. After being with QVC for 12 years, I think she deserved more than 2 1/3 lines to say goodbye. I'm sure the reasons for her departure will come out in the wash. Now we just have to wait for Julian's formal recognition of departure. He must have informed them of his intention to leave after Debs so, when contract issues allow, we'll know for sure - as if we don't already! - he is no longer an employee of the Q, not that he ever was, being freelance. Just brings it home, there is no loyalty in business these days.

The Q has added an update on Debbie Greenwood's blog, confirming her departure from the channel. She is, apparently, leaving the business - somehow, I don't think so - to concentrate on other projects. Whilst it is good that the Q has finally deigned to acknowledge that she is no longer working for QVC, I feel that we are all right in assuming it was not in the best of circumstances. Quite a succinct, but terse, few lines. After being with QVC for 12 years, I think she deserved more than 2 1/3 lines to say goodbye. I'm sure the reasons for her departure will come out in the wash. Now we just have to wait for Julian's formal recognition of departure. He must have informed them of his intention to leave after Debs so, when contract issues allow, we'll know for sure - as if we don't already! - he is no longer an employee of the Q, not that he ever was, being freelance. Just brings it home, there is no loyalty in business these days.

Similar msg is on Julians blog

After a long career as a QVC Presenter, Julian has decided to leave the business and focus on his other business interests. We wish Julian all the best for the future.

Similar msg is on Julians blog

After a long career as a QVC Presenter, Julian has decided to leave the business and focus on his other business interests. We wish Julian all the best for the future.

Just saw it - he didn't even get 1 1/2 lines. Bet he feels appreciated! Maybe we're being a little negative toward the Q; we don't yet know the whys and wherefores.

The Q has added an update on Debbie Greenwood's blog, confirming her departure from the channel. She is, apparently, leaving the business - somehow, I don't think so - to concentrate on other projects. Whilst it is good that the Q has finally deigned to acknowledge that she is no longer working for QVC, I feel that we are all right in assuming it was not in the best of circumstances. Quite a succinct, but terse, few lines. After being with QVC for 12 years, I think she deserved more than 2 1/3 lines to say goodbye.

In general the shorter the valedictory message, the less amicable the parting; neither Debbie's or Juilan's message is particularly effusive. We may never know the background but it's now clear that (as we suspected) they, and QVC, has moved on.

Just thinking - do the shopping channels read the posts in the likes of this forum??

Last edited:
I'm really sorry she's gone but I think she was a tad rebellious for their corporate image which is changing to an even blander shade of beige. If they get too bland, they'll just disappear into the background. But who next, I wonder?

I agree and said this earlier. looking back Debbie was not looking happy at all. the shouting and simpering is at an all tome high. the sell sell sell will only get worse over the coming months

Thank goodness it has finished, it turned into a bit of a saga.

I see from Pipa's blog that she is extending her break until February. I think we can safely say bye bye Pipa.

Even though Q may read this forum they take no notice otherwise changes would be made as afterall we tell it warts and all.

theyve all been whipped into shape i think....work hard sell sell sell ...whatever it takes...whatever drivel...sympathy vote ...anything. im ashamed to say i was a telephone canvasser as it fitted in with my sons' school days...unpaid leave for 12 hols and when they were ill i could be off....i know the sales patter that is drummed in/demanded of by the powers that be...cut throat ruthless ...and a lot of rubbish spouted to get those numbers up up up...wouldn't want there job. ..i bet Debbie and julian feel better for not having the pressure.

Thank goodness it has finished, it turned into a bit of a saga.

I see from Pipa's blog that she is extending her break until February. I think we can safely say bye bye Pipa.

Even though Q may read this forum they take no notice otherwise changes would be made as afterall we tell it warts and all.

Pipa said on her last show she would be back in February.

As for Q's posts on the blogs..........very unimpressive!

As for Q's posts on the blogs..........very unimpressive!

Especially for Julian, after 16 years' service - come on, surely they could have done better than that? He's one of the pleasant, normal, friendly faces I enjoyed watching and I think there will be no winners from this situation. Yak, yak, yak, sell, sell, sell is a turnoff for me. Literally.

Latest posts

Back