Where are Debbie Greenwood & Julian Ballantyne?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well those two old bags deserve each other!
Debbie Greenwood has recently been re-tweeting Dawn Bibby posts advertising things on Create & Craft. I think that is a clear sign that she is no longer a QVC employee and will not be going back.

Debbie Greenwood has recently been re-tweeting Dawn Bibby posts advertising things on Create & Craft. I think that is a clear sign that she is no longer a QVC employee and will not be going back.

I think you must have a direct link with Dawn as you are always her voice on here, so this must be true then.

Maybe they were all sacked for having an orgy in the Green Room?! hahahahaha

DG: Wait a minute, I'm eating my chocolate barrel with caramel filling.
JB: Come on! Let's get on with it!
DG: I used to be a beauty queen.
JB: Warra you talkin' about. You still are!
DG You're sweeter than a...
JB Thorntons chocolate barrel!
DG: You took the words right...
JB: Out of your mouth (takes half-eaten chocolate!)
(they both laugh)
JB: If only my Granny Burrows could see me now, she'd...
DG: Forget your granny! What about my...for god's sake hurry up. Only 10 minutes to air!
JB: Debs! This bra strap is harder to undo than a lobster claw clasp!
DG: I'm sure your nimble fingers are up to the challenge. They're so...
JB: Nimble like a... (drops pants, Debbie looks crestfallen)
DG: Thimble!
Director of Broadcasing: So what exactly is going on here? Can someone tell me that?!
JB: Erm.
DG: We were just re-enacting a scene from Debbie Flint's new novel. It's called Hawaiian Dream.
Director: Oh! And not Chiswick thimble? Get dressed and get straight to my office! Now!

Do you think they did something wrong then?

We may never know; my take on it is that contract renewal negotiations didn't go we'll and they couldn't agree terms, they are serving out, but not working, the remainder of their contracts and are subject to a confidentiality clause hence no news from them.

We may never know; my take on it is that contract renewal negotiations didn't go we'll and they couldn't agree terms, they are serving out, but not working, the remainder of their contracts and are subject to a confidentiality clause hence no news from them.

Ah well if that's the case we should hear soon as they have been off for months.

As I recall Dawn Bibby's photo and blog remained on QVC for ages after she left. I think even when she was on C&C and IW for a while. Definitely seems Debbie G could be popping up elsewhere in TV shopping land.

Ah well if that's the case we should hear soon as they have been off for months.

Well Debbie is tweeting but nothing about QVC, Julian hasn't tweeted since 25th June but he only ever tweeted about QVC. It's quite possible for any confidentiality clause to prohibit them discussing QVC in the future so I wouldn't necessarily expect to hear anything from them.

i notice on the debbie g blog the tweets are not hers like the other presenters,they are just general qvc tweets.i just dont understand if they've gone (sadly imo) why they just dont take the bl00dy blogs down

i notice on the debbie g blog the tweets are not hers like the other presenters,they are just general qvc tweets.i just dont understand if they've gone (sadly imo) why they just dont take the bl00dy blogs down

It could be either QVC incompetence or a contractual thing; if they are still under contract they may have to leave the blogs in place until the contract expires.

I think they're hoping if they stay stumm for long enough everyone will just forget and they will have got away with whatever it is has happened. But foolish to ignore 125,000 hits on this strand. They must not care what their customers think or want.

I think they're hoping if they stay stumm for long enough everyone will just forget and they will have got away with whatever it is has happened. But foolish to ignore 125,000 hits on this strand. They must not care what their customers think or want.

They've done this before when some presenters have left in less than amicable circumstances; ex-presenters are not mentioned and they're airbrushed from QVC history.

They will care what their customers think or want, up to a point, but ultimately they are a business and unless a fairly major proportion of the customer base is complaining about something (and that number will be far more than the number of participants of a forum) AND it's costing them business nothing will change.

As we don't know why they have left we can't know if the reasons for it were right or wrong. Although we can assume it was for business reasons, or, it could be because they wanted to leave. Without knowing any more information it is all conjecture.

Somebody has posted on the Q Facebook page that one of the guests is covering for Pipa whilst she has her "sabbatical". It seems odd to let presenters go then get people in specifically to cover, and if they have enough resources to cover four leavers why do they need an extra presenter to cover for Pipa? The FB poster didn't say where the info was from, has someone said something on air?

On Debbie Flint's blog last week she said "Guess which former QVC face will be filling in for Pipa whilst she takes her sabbatical?"

Latest posts

Back