whats the point presenters putting face skincare cream on their hands constantly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
They all do it, stroking the creams into their hands, Im just waiting for a day when a brave presenter forgoes their make up for a skincare hour and whacks the £50 creams on their faces instead of on their hands. What a waste of expensive creams, how can they talk of the product, which is meant for their faces by applying it to their hands.

I've always thought that too. Some of them cleanse it off their hand & reapply in the same presentation lol.

Don't forget the obligatory smelling of the.hand followed by "mmmm" A bit more rubbing then. "It feels like silk and just sinks in straight away.. "

Its so daft,cant one just put a bit where its meant, under eye, face etc. If it were me, Id be taking a freebie out of the £50 pot of gunk. Every single one strokes it on their hands 'it feel so silky' yes so would a dollop of lard, it tells us nothing.

I think they are meant to be showing us the texture/consistency and how easily it absorbs but I agree it is ridiculous.

Speaking of the smelling, is there anything more cringeworthy than when they spray on a perfume and inhale deeply (or act as if they are doing) then groan with pleasure. I get quite embarrassed for them. It's not quite Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally but even so... I find the perfume demonstrations much worse when there's a third person (one of the models) in the studio at a table to the side and she throws her head back in ecstasy as she liberally sprays the air around her head. It tells us nothing. It's not as though she would ever pull a face and retch.

I have noticed though that Debbie flint always puts the product on cotton wool and never her skin

That tell us a lot. Is she doesnt even want the stuff on her hands! glupey gunk

I think they are meant to be showing us the texture/consistency and how easily it absorbs but I agree it is ridiculous.

Speaking of the smelling, is there anything more cringeworthy than when they spray on a perfume and inhale deeply (or act as if they are doing) then groan with pleasure. I get quite embarrassed for them. It's not quite Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally but even so... I find the perfume demonstrations much worse when there's a third person (one of the models) in the studio at a table to the side and she throws her head back in ecstasy as she liberally sprays the air around her head. It tells us nothing. It's not as though she would ever pull a face and retch.

I totally agree. I always think the models must feel so self conscious having to put on that ridiculous performance and it's uncomfortable to watch.
I get it that we need to see clothing modelled but I don't think it's necessary or possible to 'model' a fragrance on TV?!

Not forgetting the backs of hand comparison: sad, wrinkley untreated flat hand compared with the moisturised smooth pink-skinned back of a clenched fist hand, looking 20 years younger!

Jude xx

If I was a qvc presenter I wouldn't like to have to try every single variety of skincare on my own face. My skin is highly sensitive.

I should imagine each presenter has their fav product that suits their skin and thats what they use.

Putting the cream on the back of their hands is a good alternative to the face, you can see how oily the product is for example and you also get a good idea of how it soaks into the skin. Buying it and then trying it out yourself at home, on your own face, for up to 30 days should give you a good idea if it is suitable for you or not. I don't have a problem with it myself:whew:

That tell us a lot. Is she doesnt even want the stuff on her hands! glupey gunk

I thought you like Decleor? You said last week you split the TSVs with your mum.

That is why they have models on the shows, they get the products applied to them.

The YBF shows a few of presenters came on bare faced. Julie, Jilly are two.

Makes me laugh and eye roll in equal measures when they put a tiny dot on their hands and go on about how you can virtually cover your whole upper body with it when it just about covers one hand!

I like lots of brands but the presenters applying to their hands does not make me think any better of any product. Its stupid.

I thought you like Decleor? You said last week you split the TSVs with your mum.

That is why they have models on the shows, they get the products applied to them.

The YBF shows a few of presenters came on bare faced. Julie, Jilly are two.

Plus Debbie F

perhaps the jars of cream have been "used" - don't suppose they open a new jar for each show. I wouldn't like to stick my finger in a jar and put the stuff on my face - don't know who or what was poked into the jar previously !

Not forgetting the backs of hand comparison: sad, wrinkley untreated flat hand compared with the moisturised smooth pink-skinned back of a clenched fist hand, looking 20 years younger!

Jude xx

LMAO.... I have always said the same. Also what makes me laugh and eye roll is when Prai lady in particular spends all hour rubbing various creams into her hand then shows you one of her cleansers and exclaims that it is so effective, it evens get junk out of a 'clean' hand!!!

Cathy Prai also "bounces" a lot. I.e applies blob of grease to hand then bounces finger tip on it. She does this while exclaiming about the unique texture, gulls!

it does help though as you can see the textures. you can see the elemis pcmc is a gel texture,l'occitane hand cream is a thick dense oitment type cream etc.. it does help a bit tbh

I suppose it gives an indication of the cream's consistency. They've got to pull out all the stops and use every trick in the book to make us jump to the phones. It's just a pity we can't clench our faces the way they do their fists.

If the untreated hand is shown as dry,wrinkly and old looking, why aren't they using their brand's wonderful fabulous hand cream all the time,then their hands wouldn't get to that condition in the first place.

Latest posts

Back