what you doing over the weekend?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

well we aren't doing much at all here I'm afraid! Can't get outside due to the weather and so we're cooped up and fed up! I should be taking the opportunity of running the hoover and duster over the entire house, doing some baking and so on, but I simply can't dredge up any enthusiasm for anything..I'm just droopy...!:frown:

Now if you had the gtech air thingy, i bet you'd be hoovering away, as happy as Larry :)

And Frazz. i think you should go out and cut those branches, live up to your name :cheeky:

No chance of doing anything here, no electricity from yesterday

4 and a half feet of snow roads are closed, meant to be dialysing in Regional ICU tomorrow but no chance, so swapped a shift!

A least my wine is chilling in the snow drifts !

Thats good Jabba, getting your priorities right, top stuff

Seriously though no,leckie what a nightmare

4 and a half feet of snow roads are closed, meant to be dialysing in Regional ICU tomorrow but no chance, so swapped a shift!

Just started snowing again! Yesterday's snow has frozen overnight so it's a "torvil and dean" display to feed the birds. Hope all the FMs who have serious snow problems, no electricity etc get their problems resolved soon. Take care everyone!
Lilo Lil (Linda in real life).

Well I got admitted to hospital via A&E nine days and I'm still here. So my last two weekends have been spent being prodded and poked. I was admitted with awful pain and it turns out I have got gallstones stuck in by bile ducts. Hopefully they are being removed (camera down the throat) tomorrow and then maybe home by Wednesday. I will then be called back at some point to have my gall bladder removed as this is the second time I've had a flare up. Although I can't complain about the treatment I've had I really have had enough now and just want to go home

Well I got admitted to hospital via A&E nine days and I'm still here. So my last two weekends have been spent being prodded and poked. I was admitted with awful pain and it turns out I have got gallstones stuck in by bile ducts. Hopefully they are being removed (camera down the throat) tomorrow and then maybe home by Wednesday. I will then be called back at some point to have my gall bladder removed as this is the second time I've had a flare up. Although I can't complain about the treatment I've had I really have had enough now and just want to go home

Oh poor you!! That does sound incredibly painful NP, do hope they soon get you sorted and back on your feet! Hugs!

Can't fault you there Jabba!

Hope you feel better soon and can go home ND.
Now if Jabba had the gtech charged up she could have been keeping warm whilst she cleaned Barbs -a good reason not to have one?

Well the doctors have just been round and have told me that the stones are blocking all the waste from my liver and my gallbladder so none of the toxins are draining away and they must come out. But they can only come out if the blood test tomorrow show I have enough clotting agents (?) as they won't go near the liver if there is a chance I will bleed too much. So all in all I am quite poorly but in the best place. At least I am not yellow anymore and am getting very strong anti- biotics intraveniously(sp) but will be here for another 3-4 days Happy easter!!!

Well the doctors have just been round and have told me that the stones are blocking all the waste from my liver and my gallbladder so none of the toxins are draining away and they must come out. But they can only come out if the blood test tomorrow show I have enough clotting agents (?) as they won't go near the liver if there is a chance I will bleed too much. So all in all I am quite poorly but in the best place. At least I am not yellow anymore and am getting very strong anti- biotics intraveniously(sp) but will be here for another 3-4 days Happy easter!!!

You have my sympathies ND, I hope you get the best of care and your stones can be removed as soon as possible. Last November I had a sudden acute attack of Pancreatitis, caused by a wayward departing gallstone and the doctors kept me in hospital for 12 days checking on the bile duct and liver function.

Atm I'm at home recovering from keyhole surgery to remove my gallbladder, stitched up and super glued!
Hope you have your surgery soon and that all goes well.

Oh poor you. I hope your blood tests were oK and that you can soon get rid of the pesky gallstones. Not nice having cholecystitis. (Hugs) for you xx

You have my sympathies ND, I hope you get the best of care and your stones can be removed as soon as possible. Last November I had a sudden acute attack of Pancreatitis, caused by a wayward departing gallstone and the doctors kept me in hospital for 12 days checking on the bile duct and liver function.

Atm I'm at home recovering from keyhole surgery to remove my gallbladder, stitched up and super glued!
Hope you have your surgery soon and that all goes well.

Get well soon ladies and you both have my sympathies!! 2years ago I was taken very ill with pancreatitis, caused by gallstones blocking the bile ducts which caused deranged liver function. Had surgery to remove the gallbladder and flush out bile ducts and was observed for liver functions afterwards. I had been having attacks for a few months before and I never felt pain like it (you will know the pain Im talking about) I let it go until it just floored me one day and I never felt so ill in my whole life. Thankfully I made a full recovery after my op. Meanwhile take care ND, I hope you get sorted soon and Sacha I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thanks for all your good wishes. I had the stones removed yesterday and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Came out of hospital this morning and I'm feeling so much better now. The next step for me like you Sacha is keyhole surgery to remove the gall bladder as I've still got numerous stones there (I just hope the little buggers don't move) I've heard you are laid up for a week after the op. I sincerely hope you are feeling better each day. You are right Latchi, there is no way to describe the pain caused by these stones

Good news you are home ND. Just to get the next part of your treatment over with and then hopefully back to normal.

Sorry, Sacha, I missed that you were recovering from your treatment - I shuuda gone to specsavers! Hope you have an uneventful recovery and get back to good health soon xx

ND, Sacha and Latchi...my goodness sounds like you've all been in the wars! All the very bestest of wishes heading your way for a speedy recovery! Hugs x

Latest posts

Back