What would make you buy from Gemporia again?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hated the Roman glass jewellery, for a while it was on all the time, I was so glad when they got shot of it all.

I will not be buying from Gemporia again this year until at least October (Christmas shopping) - unless I get stuck for a gift idea for someone.

I struggle to watch them. If I'm channel hopping occasionally I watch them in disbelief at how they sell.

I occasionally buy cheap gem chipping long necklaces from their website. Not because they're future potential heirloom, legacy or auction house like pieces haha.

I buy them for presents as people love them, including me, as they're easy to wear, pretty and reasonably priced.

I can't see myself buying anything other than cheap & cheerful occasionally from them now.

Well I have finally bought a gold ring from Gemporia set with emeralds. I ordered it on the 15th and it was delivered this morning at 10.30 am which is excellent. I am very pleased with it, lovely clean emeralds and over 2 grams of gold which is ok. Hopefully I will get long term enjoyment from it. Still amazed at how quickly it arrived.I can’t fault them at all for once.

Well I have finally bought a gold ring from Gemporia set with emeralds. I ordered it on the 15th and it was delivered this morning at 10.30 am which is excellent. I am very pleased with it, lovely clean emeralds and over 2 grams of gold which is ok. Hopefully I will get long term enjoyment from it. Still amazed at how quickly it arrived.I can’t fault them at all for once.

One of the presenters (Angeline I think it was) said earlier this week that Jake has made it policy that orders are sent within 2 days - so this should be the 'norm' from now on.

I ordered a couple of items recently, and they arrived quickly too. Kept them too!

It's commendable that they've sped up delivery times. However, I think there are far higher priorities that they could sort out first if they want to retain, or win back, customers.

Packing of homewares has been an issue in the past, quite often, for me. I'd rather wait 7 day for an order to arrive in one piece, rather than receive it in two days, smashed, from being poorly packaged.

Jewellery Maker are TERRIBLE for ensuring that items are packed safely.

Jewellery Maker are TERRIBLE for ensuring that items are packed safely.
I haven't bought from there as much as I used to, but if it's nothing 'box-worthy', they are sent in jiffy bags. And completely random, yes it's that again, why do JM insist on putting the customer's name twice? I see no point.

Encouraging news. If only they could be like this all the time and try to get back to some of the good value of yesteryear. Enjoy wearing your emerald ring!

I’m finding the aquamarine pieces rather underwhelming this morning due to the pale wishy washy blue colour of the gems. Unexciting. I have just heard Kate compare a small carved starfish ( work of art,lol) to cabochon cut jewellery! Made by master craftsmen of course with exceptional skills.
I remember when Glenn Lehrer was on Gem Collector with Alex once, and Glenn made rather a disparaging remark about a stone they were selling - a loose aquamarine (can't remember the location it came from). Glenn drew attention to the stone's colour, virtually saying it was washed-out and rather lifeless and not one he'd want to use. Alex hastily tried to cover it up by lyrical descriptions of the stone in question, talking of individual taste when it came to buying gemstones, etc., but I bet he could have wished Glenn back in USA at that point. I actually felt a bit sorry for Alex.

Latest posts

Back