What will you buy for your 2nd home?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Being an Ideal World customer primarily, mine's a motor home...all their customers have got one..and it's spurned many a purchase I'll have you know. A karcher/showroom shine for the exterior, little yellow steam cleaner for the interior. The wardrobe's full of polopanchos, itsawraps and scarflaces...all clothes for all seasons, the kitchen (area) is replete with must have gadgets....Halogen oven, Vitamix blenders and bamixes...and a whizzy thing that frys yer chips. The great thing is, is that I can order stuff from the comfort of my living room (area) have stuff delivered to my door, then get in the driving seat and drop it of to my son/daughter who's at uni.

While I was steamcleaning the iron fixings on my drawbridge this morning, I had a good think about this.

I only have a modest second pile in the country (the first one I shifted with Germoloids).

Of course, my kitchen is filled with time saving gadgets - the walnut cracker and champagne bottle opener that doth not crack nuts and sprays champagne up my wipe down wallpaper. The silicon oven gloves that mean I can impress my friends (just HRH and Phil, they pop round after their Whist Drive on Wednesdays it gives me an excuse to cook a chicken in 12 seconds in my Halogen Oven) by pouring a kettle full of boiling water over myself without third degree burns...

Not wanting to appear too provincial in my drawing room I liberally festoon my blazing hearth with Peeeeeeny Fllaaaars - they look even lovelier when they melt and drip all over my stone fireplace. King Richard III (he was the gaffer who had this joint before me) would have been right proud (in fact, he was a noted QVC shopper himself, well known for his love of stretch fabrics to ride into battle with).

In my bedroom - the four poster bed is covered in Kelly Hoppen throws. The beige really sets the darkened oak off a treat, and it provides the woodworm with something to have a rayt gud chew on if they get fed up with my legs during the night. When Kelly herself came to stay (just for a long weekend, Friday thru Sunday) she said herself "Barb, tha's not gett'n anythin' fer t'put on this 'ere rash on me leg, it's gypin' me summat chronic - after a particularly rough night with them gnawing at her pins.

Luckily I did. I ran straight to the bathroom to get my gallon tub of Arnica and my 17 litre cauldron of ABC Skin wash. I made Kelly sit in my luxurious cast iron bath and scrub herself down with it whilst I got on with warming my Northern Nights towels for her. Whence her toilette was replete I parroted at her to not forget to 'literally actually moisturise her whole literal body area' with Tova Smoothing Body Balm (Tova gifted it to me when her and Ernie popped over for a holiday last month, worra luly couple) Tova has the manners of an angel - whilst playing Dominoes one evening, she knocked on and her wig fell off -without missing a beat she blamed it on Ernie. Such a touper. I mean trouper.

So that's what I have in my second home, you plebs.

:nod:

My second home is actully QVC themed darlings, I have the "Kelly Hoppen wing", it's a veritable symphony in beige, then there's my "Elemis bathroom" and my ensuite "Decleor shower" all stuffed to the gills with ammaazing, preesitgious products and some of them are just there because the packaging is incredible and makes all my girlfriends jealous. My "Cooks Essentials Kitchen" is themed in a variety of colours to co ordinate with any piece of plastic that may be on air.It also boasts every gadget you can imagine. The freezer is packed with whatever meat products is in vogue on Q and the cupboards are heaving with Thorntons chocs.

My "northern nights room of repose" is a paradise of feather bedding and 1 million thread count duvet sets and is also the home of my extensive collection of Charlie Bears, Dimonique jewellery and of course my wardrobe of QVC "fashion"

Well, well, well, I know imitation is the highest form of flattery but I would never have asked you round for tea and scones if I'd known how envious you were going to be! :envy:

As you failed to mention it, I take it the Illy hasn't arrive yet then!

Well, well, well, I know imitation is the highest form of flattery but I would never have asked you round for tea and scones if I'd known how envious you were going to be! :envy:

As you failed to mention it, I take it the Illy hasn't arrive yet then!

How right you are, am still waiting for the Illey, have ordered two of course, one for me and one for the group of teenagers that hang around outside the 24 hour Tesco and shout such charming things at passers by, they add so much character to the neighbourhood!

Latest posts

Back