What were the bars called?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

vernall

Registered Shopper
Hi guys

I wonder if any of you,obviously with a better memory than me,can help me please.

Years ago,and I am probably talking 15 years ago,QVC used to sell what I will refer to as nutritional bars,though could of been meal replacement/diet bars.I am sure an American guest,man I think,possibly company owner or a representative used to come over to demonstrate them,they used to come in boxes of 12 or more from memory,they were flavours like yogurt something,blueberry,forest fruits.......they were TSVs quite often,I remember how lovely they were and wondered if the company was still going and the bars were still about........but for the life of me I can't remember the name,googling QVC nutritional bars years ago brings up KIND bars but thats not them.........Anyone help ?

He's not the same guy who used to do the boxes of vitamins, about 4 or 5 in blister packs, for men and women, they were good value and I remember the bars too.

Last edited:
Was Kevin Day the guy who peddled them? Quite extensive legal action was taken against him, for various illicit business dealings.

Last edited:
brite bites,thats it,a quick google bought up the guy used to appear with a cut out of himself much larger than he was now and claimed the weight loss was due to the bars,he was the son of the founder of QVC....alas the lawsuit put pay to them,i will have to make do with a nutri-grain bar lol.......thanks a million guys

Yes, AY and the presenters eating them like mad and how wonderful they were. He used to come on with a big lump of fat saying he had lost this amount just eating the bars.

Then the US federal government took him to court for false advertising what they could actually do.

Yes, they were called Bright Bites, or similar. They were expensive, but they worked. They were presented by the son of the man who owns QVC in America. He was very attractive, although a bit overweight (!) and a multi millionaire in his own right. There were lots of photos of him by his luxury swimming pool, if i remember rightly. Alas, the bars were discontinued as they contained an ingredient which was banned for weight loss in the USA.

Does anyone remember Kevin Trudeau and his weight loss product? I don't think he was on QVC, more likely Ideal World, or perhaps one of the purely advertising channels. He was besotted by the blonde woman who co-hosted, an English model. I don't know if they had a fling. She then went on to model regularly for QVC and got pregnant (not with Kevin, she married someone else) and QVC used her during and after pregnancy. She was very pretty but I don't think she is on QVC much now although I watch very little of it so I could be wrong.
The point of this long rambling reminiscence is that Kevin Trudeau went the same way as Mr Brite Bites, I think he got busted for false advertising and then lost a lot of money. When I was in the States about 5 years ago he was all over the bookshops with his new diet book... it turned out to be pushing hormone injections which are also illegal in parts of the USA so I think he went down the pan again with that.
Moral of this story is, there are a lot of snake oil salesmen out there peddling weight loss cures which don't work, or contain dangerous ingredients if they do work. A theme we discussed a couple of weeks ago in relation to Chuntley.

The model involved with Kevin Trudeau was QVC model Debbie Flett who appears regularly with Tova spraying copious amounts of perfume into the air and attributing the conception of her child to Tova Nights (results may vary).

They appeared together on the Kevin & Debbie show - something I suspect she plays down on her CV!

Thanks to link from loujareth, we now know his name, Marvin Segal. I am curious to know now if Dad Segal, founder of QVC, lost money too as a result of is son's advertising lawsuit.

The model involved with Kevin Trudeau was QVC model Debbie Flett who appears regularly with Tova spraying copious amounts of perfume into the air and attributing the conception of her child to Tova Nights (results may vary).

They appeared together on the Kevin & Debbie show - something I suspect she plays down on her CV!

Thanks for that. I wonder if she had squirted Tova Nights in the direction of Kevin Trudeau to account for his besotted expression every time he looked at her?

I suspect we'll never know, unless QVC get's so desperate they encourage their models to pen their auto-biographies for self-publication! :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back