What is going on on TJC tonight.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am standing by for tomorrow afternoon at 4pm (Sunday 7 September) I have seen them promoting a 10g bar of pure silver. I wonder what nerve that they have to ask for that!!? Bear in mind that they, 'for the first time ever', had 10 Grams of PLATINUM BAR (999.99% Purity) at £799.99. On the usual bullion sites finding a 10g bar in stock has been a struggle but plenty of 5g at about £190 including the VAT. So it doesn't bode well!
So some research on 10g of 0.999 silver (though it is a struggle to get silver that small) and I am seeing £26.50 including the VAT. And 1oz silver bullion coins from about £35.00 including VAT - that is for 31.21grams.
Any betting folks around?
I had to finish this posting off! Unsurprisingly outrageous £39.99 - almost twice the going rate.

Saw them selling Platinum bars last night for £100 for 1g, and 5g for £400, when the spot price for Platinum was £26 per 1gram.

Saw them selling Platinum bars last night for £100 for 1g, and 5g for £400, when the spot price for Platinum was £26 per 1gram.
That has to be the easiest money!! No design, no manufacturing, just buy them in, mark them up and sell them out. Cheeky buggers. I know that they would claim that air time costs them and I have no doubt that it does. HOWEVER the margins are extraordinary.

TJC must have decided that bars of solid precious metals are a winner! This evening 1g of platinum 99.9% purity for £90 with one penny change. Mark claimed that you can feel the solid weight of it - one gramme!!!!! Checking the usual bullion sites £54 for a single 1g bar with of course discounts for multiples. Apparently this item has sold 800 units in total , not so many tonight. Last three minutes to jump on.
Waiting for 9 o'clock 2ct lab grown diamond - best price ever. Thrilling.

TJC must have decided that bars of solid precious metals are a winner! This evening 1g of platinum 99.9% purity for £90 with one penny change. Mark claimed that you can feel the solid weight of it - one gramme!!!!! Checking the usual bullion sites £54 for a single 1g bar with of course discounts for multiples. Apparently this item has sold 800 units in total , not so many tonight. Last three minutes to jump on.
Another long reply went missing, given up.

Even £54 is pricey. Spot price of gold 1g is around £26. So £30-£40 would be reasonable for mark-up, packaging/design/pendant.

Latest posts

Back