What in God's name ....?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

At the end of the day you can wear what you want. It's up to customers what they buy. If you're too busy looking at the presenter's outfit and thinking "oh that looks awful" you're not going to be convinced that you're going to look good in anything that's on offer. Presenters are only on a show for an hour, maybe two. It's not too much to ask that they can wear something that looks good, even if the presenter finds it a bit uncomfortable (especially shoes). It's about sales after all - or it should be.

CC

she may have been a dancer( at least i havent't seen her do the one routine that Ellis Ward on Gems does when she is called on as a cabaret dancer)..but that was many many moons ago...and im guessing not for very long...i just wonder if the donkey sanctuary would benefit from her cast offs..those shoo boots in particular look well suited to donkeys.
"...the one routine that Ellis Ward on Gems does when she is called on as a cabaret dancer"

Mercifully, I've been spared seeing that.

Eyelid Naan must be doing a bedwear programme later as she’s already wearing a bed jacket🤣
I really tried to watch her on the two hour food show but had to give up! Everything was " the best ever, top quality" over and over. The Althams Turkey looked frankly disgusting. Oh and as for the Christmas dinner vegetable dishes, five for £35!! M and S are doing six for £30. Fresh! And don't get me started on the biscuits for around £27 for two little fine with not even a pound of biscuits in, mind you, the tins are embellished🙄.

I rarely watch the food QVC sell.

I mean £24 for 12 titchy brownies. M&S have 20 in a Christmas box for £15.
£36 plus £5.95 for 6 pasties (£6.99 each) Tescos have Ginsters on special @ £1.25 each.

I don’t mind occasionally paying a bit extra for a treat but couldn’t justify the QVC prices.
It’s not as if you can place an order for multiple items and pay one or no p&p, you have to pay individually.

I rarely watch the food QVC sell.

I mean £24 for 12 titchy brownies. M&S have 20 in a Christmas box for £15.
£36 plus £5.95 for 6 pasties (£6.99 each) Tescos have Ginsters on special @ £1.25 each.

I don’t mind occasionally paying a bit extra for a treat but couldn’t justify the QVC prices.
It’s not as if you can place an order for multiple items and pay one or no p&p, you have to pay individually.
Exactly Batti! I mean, £6.99 for a pastie with no mention of meat quality of quantity. For the price of two you could buy a good quality beef joint . I also don't mind paying a bit extra for treats but even my local garden centre isn't this expensive.

I really tried to watch her on the two hour food show but had to give up! Everything was " the best ever, top quality" over and over. The Althams Turkey looked frankly disgusting. Oh and as for the Christmas dinner vegetable dishes, five for £35!! M and S are doing six for £30. Fresh! And don't get me started on the biscuits for around £27 for two little fine with not even a pound of biscuits in, mind you, the tins are embellished🙄.
Rip off prices. The roast beef the BA was carving was a funny shape. An oblong of meat and the turkey was splitting down the middle. Why would anyone buy the vegetables for that price? It doesn't take much effort to buy and prepare fresh veggies, does it?

I think she was in Pan's People
No, never in Pan's People. The BBC show old TOTPs going way back on Friday night with Pan's People, she has never been on.

AY used to mention she was a hair model and worked with Molton Brown when they were a hairdresser.

JF was a child actress, someone even put up a clip she was in Grange Hill.

Had a Google, Jilly danced in musicals not TOTPS

Last edited:
Exactly Batti! I mean, £6.99 for a pastie with no mention of meat quality of quantity. For the price of two you could buy a good quality beef joint . I also don't mind paying a bit extra for treats but even my local garden centre isn't this expensive.
Same here, I sometimes treat myself to a “posh” pie from my local garden centre. They’re usually around the £6 mark and will easily last me three meals. If they’re on offer I buy two and freeze one.

Watched a bit of the “fashion” shows today. IMHO there was a shapeless fleece dress from Frank Usher that had a weird large leatherette frame round the pocket offset on one side. Then saw nice long wool mix coat by Helene Berman, which had £80 knocked off the price. Thought that’d be nice for the winter to keep you warm and shame it didn’t go up to my size. Glen was saying it’ll look nice with a thick woolly scarf. I then noticed that it didn’t have any buttons or a belt to do it up. Obviously they hadn’t stood in the freezing cold on a windy station platform in the middle of winter waiting for a train.

Latest posts

Back